Who are you?Where you from?Whats your ride?

Comments

• filthy667
    filthy667 Posts: 22
    Hi,
    Im Arty from County Durham, 36yrs old.
    Only been back into biking for a few months after years away but loving it, slowly getting fitter.
    Had to get a new bike last week as my eldest daughter has took over my trusty Saracen.
    Saw this Kona bnib at a price i could not resist.....think the shop just wanted rid of 3yr old stock so i gave it a new home.
    Its a bit of a fat pig but it just means i have to pedal it harder :lol:
    P170609_1237.jpg

08 Spec FSRxc //// rockhopper
  • mtbikerboy
    mtbikerboy Posts: 325
    filthy667 nice bike. I love the coiler.

I think thats why i went for its fat wannabe cousin

nldcsz.jpg
  • fred1star
    fred1star Posts: 428
    Hi I'm Ian from Sussex... Living in Devon now for the surf and biking.

My ride and my best friend Fred, Collie German Shep cross. He comes with me sometimes on the shorter rides.
    3573185516_6222ed2cb9.jpg
    09 - Santa Cruz Heckler
    03 - Trek 8500
    95 - P7 (Dead, but I loved it)
    Year dot - Alpine Stars CR300 - Still going strong...
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Grand Photo Ian.

Wouldnt mind taking my Whippets out on rides but there alot quicker than i am.
  • chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    Conor, 16 years old from the Antrim coast in Northern Ireland.

Ride a Custom Charge Duster (Pics in sig)
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Steve, 16 soon to be 17 though ride a carrera vulcan now :

pbpic3631718.jpg
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Hi, i'm Andy, i'm from Worcester and i'm currently riding a SC Chameleon, although i've just started buying shiny things for a new project :wink:

2374066280_d083294b58.jpg
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Great pic fred1star, lovely dog :D

I'm Simon (Si), I'm 31 and live in Chester.

Ride a Boardman Sport
    29052009237.jpg

No pics of me, will have a root around and see if I can find anything lol
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • baedass
    baedass Posts: 4
    grant from northampton riding a saracen mad team replica with hussefelt cranks stem and bars
  • Hey all, i'm Carl, i'm 30 and I live in Edinburgh....(not far from glentress woohoo!!)

This is my old baby, Martha.....
    15052009037small.jpg

This is my new baby, Rose....
    img0024small.jpg w550.png

And this is me :)
    dscf1564small.jpg w550.png

If you see me at glentress, give us a wave!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    15052009037small.jpg
    Bloody hell! Is that an 8inch rotor on a XC bike!! :shock:

:lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    15052009037small.jpg

thtas crazy! :lol: :shock:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • This is my old baby, Martha.....
    15052009037small.jpg

easy chaps.....

indeed it is an 8".....my lil lady says, size isn't everything, but i believe bigger is better

now back to the bike, I needed a rotor and it's all i had lying around, it works fine, doesn't weigh too much, and i've never been thrown over the bars yet so what's the biggie? ;)
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Why is there a childs drawing of David Hasselhoff on your wall?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    15052009037small.jpg

easy chaps.....

indeed it is an 8".....my lil lady says, size isn't everything, but i believe bigger is better

now back to the bike, I needed a rotor and it's all i had lying around, it works fine, doesn't weigh too much, and i've never been thrown over the bars yet so what's the biggie? ;)
    i have no prob with it, i think its cool, certailnly powerful...... infact i think its a good idea! although, i fear, your forks may not aggre......
    I like bikes and stuff
  • magga321
    magga321 Posts: 18
    Hi,

I'm Ian from Otley, West Yorkshire and am currently riding a Gary Fisher Big Sur. It is a few years old now but has served me well. Looking to upgrade to a full sus as I'm fed up of being rattled to bits. Red run at Dalby last weekend made my find up at last.

I'm think of getting a Gary Fisher HiFi 29er. Not sure if it is worth spending the extra cash now on either the deluxe or pro model or to upgrade at a later date. It will probably come down to which model my LBS can get hold if in an XL.

Anyone got a HiFi 29er.

bigsur_disc.jpg
  • This is my old baby, Martha.....
    15052009037small.jpg

easy chaps.....

i have no prob with it, i think its cool, certailnly powerful...... infact i think its a good idea! although, i fear, your forks may not aggre......

cheers man, and to be honest she's getting a bit long in the tooth now and before i destroy her on the trials i thought i'd replace her (with the oh so pretty Rose), i'm gonna stick some road tyres on, rigid forks, a bigger chainset, flat bars, and go clipless.

I'll maybe even do a custom paint job during the process :wink:
    cgarossi wrote:

Woohoo finally someone noticed lol!
    Me n my flatmate have an art nite every so often, and i'm proud to say it's not my pic it's his.
    But to be fair it is an early drawing during our learning stage and we've both improved since then. See....

img0027small.jpg
    We have Couchsurfers come visit every so often too and they leave us a pic which represents their stay with us, it's awesome fun you should check it out!
  • Chaz.Harding
    carlosnashos - I certainly have no probs with running a big rotor, but as joshtp/mbukman pointed out, you may rip the disc mounts off your fork if you aren't carefull...

Anyway, nice bikes. Love the Lapierre!

:D
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • cgarossi
    Here are my babies :)

scott_small.jpg
    trek_small.jpg

Bigger versions in my sig

:love:
  • Chaz.Harding
    cgarossi - Love the Trek! But where's the photo of YOU!!!

It's a ''who are YOU, where do you come from, what do you ride...''

But nice bikes all the same. I see the MBUK freebie chain-stay protector! It's reversable you know!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • cgarossi
    Hehe sorry mate.

Heres me on the left, stopping of for a sherbert dib dab energy break! :D Taken a while ago.

bikers1.jpg

And me at a gig not so long ago

me.jpg
  • keirtristan
    keirtristan Posts: 296
    15052009037small.jpg

easy chaps.....

cheers man, and to be honest she's getting a bit long in the tooth now and before i destroy her on the trials i thought i'd replace her (with the oh so pretty Rose), i'm gonna stick some road tyres on, rigid forks, a bigger chainset, flat bars, and go clipless.

I'll maybe even do a custom paint job during the process :wink:
    cgarossi wrote:

Woohoo finally someone noticed lol!
    Me n my flatmate have an art nite every so often, and i'm proud to say it's not my pic it's his.
    But to be fair it is an early drawing during our learning stage and we've both improved since then. See....

img0027small.jpg
    We have Couchsurfers come visit every so often too and they leave us a pic which represents their stay with us, it's awesome fun you should check it out!

Nice speakers. S2 or S3? Had the original model many years ago. Not owned anything which quite matched them since.

Oh, and the Lappierre is OK too!
  • Chaz.Harding
    cgarossi

Is better mate! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • carlosnashos - I certainly have no probs with running a big rotor, but as joshtp/mbukman pointed out, you may rip the disc mounts off your fork if you aren't carefull...

Anyway, nice bikes. Love the Lapierre!

:D
    Careful is my middle name! ;) although my girlfriend keeps saying its 'dick' for some reason???

Cheers mate I love the Lappy too, only had it a few weeks and have not had a chance to give it a proper thrashing!!!

I took the girl along to glentress last week but I had to stick to the green route cos she's just a beginner....i was trying to jump up every little hill/bump/log i could see to make it more exciting lol.
    Then we came across the skills park....YES i thought, and it was empty!! so off i go speeding towards the 'drop off', forgetting i'd set my shocks to the softest setting, and as soon as i got my front wheel up over the first big rock....CRUNCH! the bike bottomed out hitting the chainring on the rock and breaking a tooth in the process!

I was a little miffed :oops: especially when i saw that it was £77 for a new chainring.
    It was fine tho, it only took a mm or 2 off and doesnt affect riding so it's staying lol!

And now i can relax about giving it abuse on it's maiden 'red' voyage as it's already had its first injury!
  • Nice speakers. S2 or S3? Had the original model many years ago. Not owned anything which quite matched them since.

Oh, and the Lappierre is OK too!

S2's mate, i've had em for more years than i care to remember and theyre still sweet as!
    Replaced a tweeter in one after it got damaged (can't bring myself to put the grilles on and hide the beauty lol) but apart from that i can't fault them...and they've had some abuse too!
  • dscf3531.jpg

My Cove Stiffee.

60673795.jpg

and this is me!
  • mikey0303
    mikey0303 Posts: 134
    How are ya finding it, Mike? Trek hardtails seem to barely get a mention, yet they look great.

Im very pleased with it - its nice and fast and money well spent ! :)
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • Luke-Dob
    Luke-Dob Posts: 121
    Me (1 day after my epic crash and 3 bones later)

2837_76711368575_532408575_1831348_.jpg

About to hit the course

2649_55330948934_720268934_1476177_.jpg

My Bike :D

pbpic3659341.jpg
    "If I Was Falling, YOU BETTER FREAKING CATCH ME!!!"
    6 years riding bikes, 8 broken bones, gravity can be a b**ch
    http://dobby.pinkbike.com/album/My-Bikes-D/
  • Chaz.Harding
    Luke-Dob -

Love the little green touches. Great bike! A little jealous, truth be told! :lol:

carlosnashos -

Tut tut tut.... (Waves finger dissaprovingly so). Broken your BRAND NEW bike on her first outing!! Actually, CONGRATS!! Shows your gonna use and abuse it - how MTB's love to be treated :lol:

Hope you get on well! And keep us posted your first red run. Mind, after breaking it already, you'll probably snap your frame in two! Hope not tho. Enjoy!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • i'm really called John, i'm from kirky and i got myself a kona shred

so far i've changed to avid elixers f+r hope bar plugs and waiting on some peaty grips

other than that just relearning a hardass

DSC00002.jpg
    keep fit, eat well, die anyway!!