Silly commuting racing

Comments

• I've tried cycling in a miniskirt; it's rather restrictive. And hair blowing about all over the place is just annoying, to my mind.

Psst ... Young Lady ... I think you're supposed to wear something under your skirt ...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Actually I was wearing leggings at the time. But a tight skirt is restrictive nonetheless.

What do you wear under your skirt, Greg?
  • Actually I was wearing leggings at the time. But a tight skirt is restrictive nonetheless.

What do you wear under your skirt, Greg?

Obviously, I do not wear a skirt. Skirts are for girls. And Scotsmen. Who are, in many ways, also girls.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:
    Obviously, I do not wear a skirt. Skirts are for girls. And Scotsmen. Who are, in many ways, also girls.

You do not have a shaved and silky smooth leg to stand on.

Why wear a miniskirt and leggings? Stockings - did you mean stockings?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

You do not have a shaved and silky smooth leg to stand on.

Why wear a miniskirt and leggings? Stockings - did you mean stockings?

A-ha! Trust you to sidle up to a burd and take their side. And *then* attempt to engage them in some hosiery-related chit-chat in order to impress upon them your metrosexuality.

You've been on that single speed far too long, I tell you.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Alas, I know you want it to have been stockings...but no, I'm afraid they fall into the 'hideously impractical' category.
  • Greg T
    We've only got TotalNB's word that she's a girl she could be a gruff ex docker called Kevin- you on the other hand are defo in that "Crying Game" grey area with your depilation and doe eyes.

It's you I'm grooming.

• Greg T wrote:

Now then - pull up a seat post....

Love it! :lol: [/i]
  • Greg T wrote:
    We've only got TotalNB's word that she's a girl she could be a gruff ex docker called Kevin- you on the other hand are defo in that "Crying Game" grey area with your depilation and doe eyes.

It's you I'm grooming.

Is that a (not-so) subtle way of proposing SCR beers this Friday evening?

You are *so* depilatory-curious. It's coming off you like fur off a moulting retriever. You're just in the Nile.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Buggrit, I've been rumbled.

Shut it Kevin.

I could possibly do a quick (and secret - don't tell the Mrs) pint on Friday.

Shall we meet in a pub or would the "serious roadies" prefer a wine bar?

• Greg T wrote:

Shut it Kevin.

Why break with tradition, we al know the Morpeth has adequate pillars/fences etc for bike parking and it's not so far off anyone's beaten track!
    Besides it would give us a chance to flesh out any final details for those attending the traffic (well car at least) free roads this weekend in our fair city!

As they say 3rd time lucky as this could be the first time I can attend with my bike and not have to feel like some outcast as I'm not in lycra :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • It's on. Like Donkey Kong.

Might make mine a secret pint too. If Mrs Greg66 were to discover that I'd gone drinking with a bunch of people I - ahem - "met" on the internet, she'd (a) laugh like a drain; (b) call the police; (c) chuck me out.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Afternoon, ladies.

I could make a quick pint this Friday.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Greg T wrote:

Shut it Kevin.

Why break with tradition, we al know the Morpeth has adequate pillars/fences etc for bike parking and it's not so far off anyone's beaten track!
    Besides it would give us a chance to flesh out any final details for those attending the traffic (well car at least) free roads this weekend in our fair city!

As they say 3rd time lucky as this could be the first time I can attend with my bike and not have to feel like some outcast as I'm not in lycra :-D

Don't worry BJUK we're all happy to make you feel like a complete outcast whether you're with bike, lycra or without the lot....

what? :shock:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg T wrote:

Shut it Kevin.

oh, it's this weekend I thought it was next... hmmm

I might be able to manage a swifty, hell, I'd have been out the rest of this week, why not make it a round 5
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp wrote:
    Afternoon, ladies.

I'd have to agree, I'd have to make it a swift one too! I'm meant to be out on Saturday for overtime and have some bike thing to do Sunday so I'm not exactly Mr Popular with the other half atm, last thing she needs is me hanging around in town again!

As for G66, don't worry we'll treat ya nicely - will be nice to put a face to another forum regular!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Ah, you bunch of big girl blouses - man up and tell the women in your life you're going out.

Can you tell I'm single?? :oops:
  • Greg66 wrote:
    It's on. Like Donkey Kong.

Might make mine a secret pint too. If Mrs Greg66 were to discover that I'd gone drinking with a bunch of people I - ahem - "met" on the internet, she'd (a) laugh like a drain; (b) call the police; (c) chuck me out.

Yeah I've gotta admit I keep this little gathering to myself - the risk of mockery from non-believers is just more than I can bear!

So yep on for beers as per.
  • Greg T wrote:

Shut it Kevin.

Juice bar for the roadies.

Oxygen bar for you GregT. I heard a vicious rumour that your recent scalping activities have left you in rather serious oxygen debt...
    :D
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:
    Afternoon, ladies.

I'd have to agree, I'd have to make it a swift one too! I'm meant to be out on Saturday for overtime and have some bike thing to do Sunday so I'm not exactly Mr Popular with the other half atm, last thing she needs is me hanging around in town again!

As for G66, don't worry we'll treat ya nicely - will be nice to put a face to another forum regular!

He doesn't have a face. He's like one of those Black Riders from LOTR. That's what that cold air is on Embankment.

GregT - following on from G66's point about you being a girl for riding a SS, isn't your daughter going to think the same thing when she asks why you're riding a bike with the same number of gears as her?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Coriander wrote:
    Ah, you bunch of big girl blouses - man up and tell the women in your life you're going out.

I doubt it would stay that way if you joined us for drinks, just wait until GT reads that comment :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Wow you bunch of wusses! I've been meeting up for intermet-sourced drinks, picnics, parties and the like for over a decade! Tell your wives it's not just doggers, World of Warcraft geeks and your weird uncle Nigel who meet people from the internet, and man up and declare with price that you're getting together with men who shave their legs and wear lycra! There's nothing to be ashamed of!
  • Greg T
    cjcp wrote:
    GregT - following on from G66's point about you being a girl for riding a SS, isn't your daughter going to think the same thing when she asks why you're riding a bike with the same number of gears as her?

Funny guy.

She can ask me that question when she out drags me over 100m....

Given that I'm going to have her geared one for one I doubt she'll be doing that anytime soon.......

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    biondino wrote:
    Wow you bunch of wusses! I've been meeting up for intermet-sourced drinks, picnics, parties and the like for over a decade! Tell your wives it's not just doggers, World of Warcraft geeks and your weird uncle Nigel who meet people from the internet, and man up and declare with price that you're getting together with men who shave their legs and wear lycra! There's nothing to be ashamed of!

Exactly, my missus has met people I've met from the www... I vet them first of course.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    biondino wrote:

I can vouch for him...I've met BD and I can wholeheartedly agree that he definitely fits the bill for someone who has had a lot of practice at making friends with internet people :wink:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • ringwraithblackriderbbcou8.jpg

Like this except on a bike eh cjcp?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Coriander wrote:

I doubt it would stay that way if you joined us for drinks, just wait until GT reads that comment :-)

I knew there was a reason a burd (other than LiTs and Total NB/Kevin) would hang around.

Danger we are being groomed for plucking by a burd roadie........

Form an orderly queue, take a number - yes your turn will come.

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I ain't no roadie.

Sorry to disappoint...
  • cjcp
    ringwraithblackriderbbcou8.jpg

Like this except on a bike eh cjcp?

Yes, those boys.

(Still can't work out how to attach images.)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."