Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    :cry: Mrs Littigator was back on the bike today so it was back to following in her wake again.

Even worse, as it's her first day back for a couple of weeks and the ankle is still sore we went doubly slowly.

I lost count of the number of scalps that literally flew past me, I could hear them in my head calling Catch me...come on catch me tee hee

Aaaarrrrggghhhm I spent the whole journey chewing my handlebars with frustration

you should hook up a cable and get some resistance training in

You know who to blame if you get passed by a handelbar chewing maniac with a screaming wife in tow now don't you :D
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator
    Greg T wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    Aaaarrrrggghhhm I spent the whole journey chewing my handlebars with frustration

Is that why your face is so funny?

I thought you'd had MRSA and your gob had melted.

I see the sleep levels are getting back to normal then :wink:
    Greg T wrote:

DISASTER!

At the ped crossing mid Parsons Green a Mum and two toddling daughters are mid crossing - the GB God target +2 chasers get through the gap but I can't so have to slow and stop.....

They are not seen again - I let the big fish slip through my fingers......

You....let....that...scalp....disappear...for the simple fact of a mother and two toddlers???

Good GOD man, you'll be stopping for flippin' puppies next. Why don't you just go out and hug some blinkin' trees eh!
    [/i]

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Littigator wrote:
    You....let....that...scalp....disappear...for the simple fact of a mother and two toddlers???

Good GOD man, you'll be stopping for flippin' puppies next. Why don't you just go out and hug some blinkin' trees eh!
    [/i]

It is true.

I sacrificed myself for the sake of the Children......

From a Karma perspective I fully expect some massive pay off from that single act of selflessness.

Hang on my Phone's ring...

Hello Keira - you are wearing what?

Got to go.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Littigator
    Greg T wrote:
    Littigator wrote:

[/i]

It is true.

I sacrificed myself for the sake of the Children......

From a Karma perspective I fully expect some massive pay off from that single act of selflessness.

Hang on my Phone's ring...

Hello Keira - you are wearing what?

Got to go.

I've warned you about going near my wife before GT :evil:

• Greg T
    Littigator wrote:
    I've warned you about going near my wife before GT :evil:

I thought your wife was called Sharleen and couldn't use phones as her fingers were too fat for the keys?

• I've just read the start to this thread and saw this:

This is the food chain......

Scooters
    Single speed fixed hub
    Single Speed
    Roadies
    Roadies with hairy legs
    "Fast Hybrids"
    MTBs on Skinnies
    MTBs on Nobbies
    Bromptons / collapsing bikes
    MTB full sus on Nobbies
    Shoppers
    Shoppers wicker baskets
    Electric bikes

I ride a single speed, not fixed. As my commute is long, steep climb home (sometimes 4 stupidly steep climbs when I feel good), I'm am quite slow. This is not your chance to gain extra points, just wondering why I'm so high up the food chain. I also shave my legs.
    Maybe this is where I have been going wrong.
    p.s. where are cars on this? Only I manage to beat a lot of cars and it would be nice to get some points, if only in the way in...
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Greg T
    I ride a single speed, not fixed. As my commute is long, steep climb home (sometimes 4 stupidly steep climbs when I feel good), I'm am quite slow. This is not your chance to gain extra points, just wondering why I'm so high up the food chain. I also shave my legs.
    Maybe this is where I have been going wrong.
    p.s. where are cars on this? Only I manage to beat a lot of cars and it would be nice to get some points, if only in the way in...

QED

You are a shaved roadie (or a burd - it doesn't matter they are shades of the same colour) who does cars and has turned your back on gears.

You do lots of miles in hills.

You are a player.....

There has been fierce debate about where the singlie / hairy roadie line should be drawn... an entry level roadie will not live with a stiff geared singlie reaper but a middling singlie tart will not have the gearing to survive at 25mph +

It comes down to your own scalp-o-meter.....

Welcome and good luck

• Greg T
    edited September 2008
    Dupe I can't delete...

• Greg T
    edited September 2008
    Dupe I can't delete...

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Salsa - there have been some adjustments to the FCNs. Someone else will have to direct you to it though because I'm blessed if I know where it is.

Breifly though: cars don't count, non-hairy roadies have been elevated and the SS fairies have been demoted, as they should. :wink:

<sits back and awaits howls of outrage from Littigator>

Welcome to The Game.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Salsa - there have been some adjustments to the FCNs. Someone else will have to direct you to it though because I'm blessed if I know where it is.

Breifly though: cars don't count, non-hairy roadies have been elevated and the SS fairies have been demoted, as they should. :wink:

Welcome to The Game.

Safest way to find the latest and greatest FCN is via "THE GAME" facebook group.
    Failing that check here to calculate your FCN with all the adjuster's included.
    As cjcp says we had a revision during the middle ages of SCR to bring the FCN more inline with real world abilities!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Massively annoying nobber with headphones and no helmet on a SS Langster (thought they were supposed to be fixed? Lightweight) travelling at maybe 18mph, RLJed every time and didn't hesitate to cut me up when *I* was slowing down for a light just so he could jump it. I hope he enjoyed being utterly pwned on every stretch of straight light-free road - he didn't even have a go at keeping up with me (and I was only doing about 23mph). God I hate cyclists.
  • Also salsa could I just say "Nice bikes!" I especially like the one on the desk :-P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Litts, quick question - why does the missus need to be chaperoned on the bike? Isn't it obvious that it's miserable for you, and if so doesn't she feel either pressured to go faster or guilty for holding you up? She's a grown-up, wouldn't you both be more relaxed if you could go at your own pace?

(it's this kind of pushy prying into other people's relationships that makes me so loved by all :) )
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Littigator wrote:

You know who to blame if you get passed by a handelbar chewing maniac with a screaming wife in tow now don't you :D

2 things wrong with that

1) Never happen I'd take you even on my folder

2) I don't take the embankment, although I might start dabbling on the folder for a laugh
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Littigator wrote:

2) I don't take the embankment, although I might start dabbling on the folder for a laugh

Same here, but I am tempted to re-route just to take in this hallowed scalping passage! I think I could get away with crossing at Wandsworth Bridge at the latest without going on a mahusive diversion that wouldn't really be in keeping with the spirit of the game.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I can't see anything wrong with that apart from the obvious increased wind resistance. Also, I guess visability could be an issue when she gets low to catch a potential scalp.

As a kid my mates and I got 6 of us on a BMX - we had the largest kid on the front stunt pegs to bear the brunt of any collisions - very sensible I think...
    '07 Focus Izalco Expert - Hairy Baggy Shorts Roadie (FCN 5)
    '02 Marin Bear Valley - MTB on Nobblies (FCN 9)
    '04 Dawes Giro 200 - Fast Hybrid (FCN 7)
  • pllb
    pllb Posts: 158
    Now Elle McPherson "getting low" is something to ponder :shock:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    This morning as I got to a set of traffic lights about a mile and half into my journey there was a 20 year old girl on a road bike. Flicking her long, blonde hair around, smiling at all the boys and wearing a miniskirt that is shorter than my pants (!). :roll: Envy flooded through my body and I thought ‘I’m going to scalp her’. And I did!!! Tee hee.
  • pllb wrote:

3 things worry me about this:

1. Why on earth is she doing this in the first place!!! I mean the child is facing backwards, any harsh braking would send the child flying - End parent-head rant

2. How cool would it be to scalp Elle MacPhearson, if you could bring yourself to pass after you stopping staring! Shame she's not in full lycra :P - End "THE GAME" player rant.

3. I'm assuming it's hub geared, as there is a lack of rear derailleur :-) What is the FCN on a hub geared bike or do they get lumped in with shoppers? Also whilst I'm nit-picking she also appears to be wearing sandals - not the best cycling attire!! - Even if they have SPD cleats it's still not acceptable!!! - End cycle geek rant.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    cjcp wrote:

Welcome to The Game.

ssssssssssssssssuck it in Litt come on, just ignore him, he ain't worth it

WAAAGGYHHFRAHUSUNUCKYUH!!!!! runs full tilt at CJCP arms flailing

• Coriander wrote:
    This morning as I got to a set of traffic lights about a mile and half into my journey there was a 20 year old girl on a road bike. Flicking her long, blonde hair around, smiling at all the boys and wearing a miniskirt that is shorter than my pants (!). :roll: Envy flooded through my body and I thought ‘I’m going to scalp her’. And I did!!! Tee hee.

I suspect she was a secret player, hoping that no (straight) man in his right mind would dare ride past and instead ride along behind "taking a breather"
    Just out of curiosity where did you see her so I can, err, try to "avoid" her distracting me from the serious business of scalping :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    New Cross - at the bottom of the Old Kent Road. Obviously, I've not idea how long she was on the OKR for coz I didnt' see her again (well I did coz she jumps red lights. Grrr. But I had her again later).

Did I mention I scalped her???? :lol:
  • pllb
    Seems there is now a Food Chain for drinkers as well as SCR's :lol: :

The nine personality types of heavy drinkers, to be unveiled by the DoH on Wednesday, are:

1 “De-stress drinkers” use alcohol to regain control of life and calm down. They include middle-class women and men.

2 “Conformist drinkers” are driven by the need to belong and seek a structure to their lives. They are typically men aged 45 to 59 in clerical or manual jobs.

3 “Boredom drinkers” consume alcohol to pass the time, seeking stimulation to relieve the monotony of life. Alcohol helps them to feel comforted and secure.

4 “Depressed drinkers” may be of any age, gender or socioeconomic group. They crave comfort, safety and security.

5 “Re-bonding drinkers” are driven by a need to keep in touch with people who are close to them.

6 “Community drinkers” are motivated by the need to belong. They are usually lower middle class men and women who drink in large friendship groups.

7 “Hedonistic drinkers” crave stimulation and want to abandon control. They are often divorced people with grown-up children, who want to stand out from the crowd.

8 “Macho drinkers” spend most of their spare time in pubs. They are mostly men of all ages who want to stand out from the crowd.

9 “Border dependents” regard the pub as a home from home. They visit it during the day and the evening, on weekdays and at weekends, drinking fast and often.
  • Coriander wrote:
    New Cross - at the bottom of the Old Kent Road. Obviously, I've not idea how long she was on the OKR for coz I didnt' see her again (well I did coz she jumps red lights. Grrr. But I had her again later).

Did I mention I scalped her???? :lol:

No I don't think you mentioned you scalped her :-)
    Repeatedly doing serial RLJer's is one of the joys of SCR - even tho in the strictest sense the mere act of RLJ proves that are not a true player, it's just fun showing them that even with stopping at the red lights your still faster then them!

Maniacal laughing is optional but does help!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • pllb wrote:
    Seems there is now a Food Chain for drinkers as well as SCR's :lol: :

The nine personality types of heavy drinkers, to be unveiled by the DoH on Wednesday, are:

1 “De-stress drinkers” use alcohol to regain control of life and calm down. They include middle-class women and men.

2 “Conformist drinkers” are driven by the need to belong and seek a structure to their lives. They are typically men aged 45 to 59 in clerical or manual jobs.

3 “Boredom drinkers” consume alcohol to pass the time, seeking stimulation to relieve the monotony of life. Alcohol helps them to feel comforted and secure.

4 “Depressed drinkers” may be of any age, gender or socioeconomic group. They crave comfort, safety and security.

5 “Re-bonding drinkers” are driven by a need to keep in touch with people who are close to them.

6 “Community drinkers” are motivated by the need to belong. They are usually lower middle class men and women who drink in large friendship groups.

7 “Hedonistic drinkers” crave stimulation and want to abandon control. They are often divorced people with grown-up children, who want to stand out from the crowd.

8 “Macho drinkers” spend most of their spare time in pubs. They are mostly men of all ages who want to stand out from the crowd.

9 “Border dependents” regard the pub as a home from home. They visit it during the day and the evening, on weekdays and at weekends, drinking fast and often.

I don't think any mixing of this FCN with our one is going to result in anything good......safe riding is promoted above all else!
    Besides I'm still not sure where I fit in on that one.....closest for me would be 6 as I only tend to drink lots of alcohol if out with friends or on special occasions!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • pllb
    I don't think any mixing of this FCN with our one is going to result in anything good......safe riding is promoted above all else!

I couldn't agree more, just had visions of hardened drinkers cruising the pubs trying to out-do someone further down the road to oblivion :wink:
  • Coriander wrote:

I know the type. Those types are usually nice easy scalps (not to cast any aspersions on your scalping ability!) although to be fair they are not normally to be found on a road bike.

I've tried cycling in a miniskirt; it's rather restrictive. And hair blowing about all over the place is just annoying, to my mind.

Anyhoo, I got wolf-whistled yesterday while going along in my plain pink jersey and black 3/4 length shorts, proving there is no need for such miniskirt frippery!

At least, I think they meant me. Quite possibly they could have meant the slightly wobbly bloke on the hybrid with his trousers tucked into his socks, who knows...
  • Littigator wrote:

WAAAGGYHHFRAHUSUNUCKYUH!!!!! runs full tilt at CJCP arms flailing

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtv2OJcRZws

:wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A