Silly commuting racing

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'm sure we could find questions to ask about your and Cori's legs if you like.
  • Yep, my mistake!

0100111101001101010001100100011100100000010010000100000101011000010110000101100001011000010110000100111101010010

Yep I'm bored at work.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Sweet, I can regress to CS and online shootemups chat- and be understood!

All the time spent gaming online by the lads on here it seems has built up an immature sense of competition.
    And the 1337 sp34K gloating is very akin to boasting of scalps as soon as we get into work!

sneaking up for a knife-kill was always the most stylish of ways to impress other geeks. then walking off nonchalantly like it was easy to find another... analogies to silent fixed gear scalping anyone?
    1 gear FTW
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Attica wrote:
    Next step:-

"your all gay" (SIC)

Uh oh, I've seen this before.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I once actually said 'lol' outloud in the pub once...no-one heard thank god.
  • Sewinman wrote:
    I once actually said 'lol' outloud in the pub once...no-one heard thank god.

Lucky for you...

Please never use that abomination on this thread again!
  • Yep, my mistake!

0100111101001101010001100100011100100000010010000100000101011000010110000101100001011000010110000100111101010010

Yep I'm bored at work.

I just translated that and actually snorted tea. :lol::lol:

And you're calling LOL an abomitation? :wink:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    A wee bit OT, but do you think it would be the height of foolishness to try and carry a cake tin with an iced carrot cake in it to work strapped to my bike rack? I do 7 miles from Lewisham to the Duke of York steps...
  • Coriander wrote:
    A wee bit OT, but do you think it would be the height of foolishness to try and carry a cake tin with an iced carrot cake in it to work strapped to my bike rack? I do 7 miles from Lewisham to the Duke of York steps...

0_o

well I guess as long as you ride slowly and try to avoid poor quality roads (which would basically mean walking your bike on the pavement) I don't think it would be a HUGE problem.
    Just expect your iced cake to arrive a little less then perfect!

Also on the h4><0r speak, count yourself lucky we haven't lowered ourselt to ascii art yet.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • attica
    Coriander wrote:

Depends if you bake a good solid cake or not, that and the number of potholes and bumps you're likely to meet on those 7 miles.

You might be better off wrapping it in clingfilm then packing the tin with something to keep it all in place, then maybe even popping it in a ruck sack to take advantage of your own natural suspension
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Coriander wrote:

Go for it, but don't be surprised if GAME players hunt you down, scalp you and steal your lovely cake...

What sort of time will you be setting off, and what route do you take?

*plans ambush.
  • There are 10 types of people in this world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't :P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Also with Friday approaching fast does anyone have any suggestions about where this pi55 (cough) sorry meet up is happening on Friday?

If we are planning on moving between a pub and curry house I might need to get another attendees phone number so I can ring when I leave work at that un-godly hour to try and get a round (or food) in!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Actually I've been meaning to ask a question:

What the hell IS my FCN???

I have a road bike which I've changed the 25c tyres for 32c ones. (Carrera Gryphon - Halfords special!)
    Fitted mudguards (mtb style, changing for full size ones tonight)
    I wear a helmet
    Baggies (with lycra underneath)
    cotton t-shirt and reflective top
    semi-cleated pedals and spd shoes
    hairy legs.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Cheers JA, just updated the details on the FB event. I should imagine I'll just come down to Millbank Spice as I'll be out of round around 21:30, unless you lot are still down the pub then!
    Hopefully I should have my bike so it's only a short ride between the two. OHHH! that would be worth seeing, the scalping's riding from the pub to the meal - I'm just a bit worried incase the massive amount of awesome laid down could disrupt the space-time continium :-D

KB, check out the Citrus Skies FCN calc:

http://www.citrusskies.co.uk/fcn

I've just had a quick check and have you pegged level with me at a 5 :-)
    You might wanna run through it yourself tho incase any other modifiers apply to you (beard, bad etc.)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I will only be staying for beers. Have plans for later on unfortunately.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Actually I've been meaning to ask a question:

What the hell IS my FCN???

I have a road bike which I've changed the 25c tyres for 32c ones. (Carrera Gryphon - Halfords special!)
    Fitted mudguards (mtb style, changing for full size ones tonight)
    I wear a helmet
    Baggies (with lycra underneath)
    cotton t-shirt and reflective top
    semi-cleated pedals and spd shoes
    hairy legs.

road bike... ie roadie (the tyres are your fault) 4 (5 at a push)
    baggies +1 umm
    I think that's it... hope you're fast
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I got 7! :?

I think I might be in trouble.... :roll:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Very, very much up for curry. Am likely to be on foot so sadly you won't get to see my amazing thighs. All sounds good - what time will things kick off in the pub (and by kick off I mean start, not develop into a brawl, which I expect to happen fairly soon after)?
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    Clever Pun wrote:
    road bike... ie roadie (the tyres are your fault) 4 (5 at a push)
    baggies +1 umm
    I think that's it... hope you're fast
    That's why a tourer is the ultimate scalping bike, it's a road bike but doesn't qualify as one! 2 free fcn points!
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • Yeah... i just looked my bike up (I have the 2007 model, not the one with the disc brakes) and it is described as a flat bar road bike.

Bugger.

Mind you, I'm only being beaten by the long term commuter types at the moment... <clutch, clutch> :oops:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • biondino wrote:
    Very, very much up for curry. Am likely to be on foot so sadly you won't get to see my amazing thighs. All sounds good - what time will things kick off in the pub (and by kick off I mean start, not develop into a brawl, which I expect to happen fairly soon after)?

I think we are aiming for 6pm to meet up, or at least that was the plan for last time. People just basically arrived as and when they could! I would recommend tho that if you are in the Millbank area around that time to keep looking over your shoulder do the the high concentration of game players!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino wrote:

Ah ha you're ashamed of your gears aren't you? :twisted:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited September 2008
    Coriander wrote:

Coriander, have you iced the cake already? If you can ice it at its destination then it might be worth freezing it to keep it in shape. Take a little piece off the top of the lower layer and freeze that to see how it thaws.

If it's already iced then freezing will ruin it.

Pad the tin out as well as you can, and put a book between the tin and the bike rack to act as a shock absorber.

Any other queries call Olivia's cooking cyclist tips hotline.... :oops:

• Cool cool, I'll be at the Morpeth Arms at or before 6pm..

Might it be an idea to book at Millbank Spice? It is a friday after all...
  • attica
    <BBC Production Manager>

<Thinks>, hmm, if I managed to pitch Hairy Bikers.......
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Coriander wrote:

Coriander, have you iced the cake? If you can ice it at its destination then it might be worth freezing it to keep it in shape. Take a little piece off the top of the lower layer and freeze that to see how it thaws.

If it's already iced then freezing will ruin it.

Pad the tin out as well as you can, and put a book between the tin and the bike rack to act as a shock absorber.

Any other queries call Olivia's cooking cyclist tips hotline.... :oops:

Duh! I can be so frighteningly dim at times - thanks L-i-T, just ice the cake once I get to work! The book's a great idea as well. Oh well, I'll just see what happens - my colleagues fight over this cake, so even if it is a bit deformed, I'm sure they'll still wolf it down.
  • Attica wrote:
    <BBC Production Manager>

<Thinks>, hmm, if I managed to pitch Hairy Bikers.......

Shaved like a laydee roadies need not apply :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5