Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    I'm in for beers at 6 for sure. But not sure about curry yet, will have to play it by ear due to non-cycling mate attending.

He'll get lost on the gear inches chat but as soon as anyone turns the conversation to binary or MMORGS (or whatever they're called) he'll zero in like a shaved roadie on a toupe wearing tourer!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Attica wrote:
    <BBC Production Manager>

<Thinks>, hmm, if I managed to pitch Hairy Bikers.......

You're on to a winner! I demand a specially adapted cake-rack...

How would that affect my FCN...?
  • Littigator
    Attica wrote:
    <BBC Production Manager>

Shaved like a laydee roadies need not apply :lol:

That's SOOOOO not fair (stamps foot has complete hissy fit :cry:

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Attica wrote:
    <BBC Production Manager>

Since we're all pedants here (and we are, aren't we, let's not kid ourselves) I feel it's my duty as an industry bod to point out that a production manager would never be pitching anything - they are very much administrative, overseeing all aspects of actual physical production, but have no creative input. A producer or development exec or, heaven forbid, a writer or format creator, would be the person to pitch ideas.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    biondino wrote:
    Very, very much up for curry. Am likely to be on foot so sadly you won't get to see my amazing thighs. All sounds good - what time will things kick off in the pub (and by kick off I mean start, not develop into a brawl, which I expect to happen fairly soon after)?

Ah ha you're ashamed of your gears aren't you? :twisted:

I can see the drinks evening evolving into two groups: those who can count (and so choose to have more than one gear on their bike) and those who... :wink:

Preusmably, you SSers buy one drink at a time too. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Looks like CJ is getting the drinks in then folks, mine's a pint
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • cjcp
    Attica wrote:

Of cider, I assume :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Attica wrote:

Of cider, I assume :)

Scrumpy isn't it :wink:

In cider's defense tho nothing is quite as refreshing as a chilled Strongbow after a manic ride home on a hot Friday evening!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Biondino...many thanks for the informative expose on industr....zzzzzzzzzzz :wink:

CJCP - your kind offer to count the number of pints you are going to buy for me is most invigorating

Cripes, what with mee'dyah chat, gamer talk and binary zipping around these drinks are certainly shaping up to be a riot...woooeeee! :?

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    It's the binary talk I'll be most sorry to miss.
  • attica
    Yarp, give I a poyint a cyder.

None oh this poncey ice minjew, real cyder shud ave straw an dead rats innit an stuff.
    makes I go blind some nights I tells yer
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • biondino
    Strongbow truly tastes like urine. Of all the ciders available, why drink it? That's like going into a pub and ordering Fosters.
  • Littigator
    Nice new set of wheels in your avatar Attica...yer a man after my own heart (albeit a rather worryingly inbred yokel kind of heart (ahem)

• attica
    biondino wrote:
    Strongbow truly tastes like urine. Of all the ciders available, why drink it? That's like going into a pub and ordering Fosters.

LO... oh hang on
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • biondino wrote:

I like Aspall... Suffolk Cyder... Yarrrrrrrr......
  • Strongbow doesn't quite taste like urine, it's just that the pubs don't normally have much of a choice. It's like they only stock Magner's or Strongbow! If I'm lucky I might be able to get a bottle of Kopperberg, the pear cider :-D
    Weston's cider is quite nice and I've actually been to their brewery, it was terrible! We had a long tour (even my cycle mitts smell better then the oak cask's used to age the apples!) and then had to "sample" the produce at the end - glad I wasn't driving that day :shock:

One last thing:

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino wrote:

Fosters is like sex in a canoe... f*****g close to water...
  • If I'm lucky I might be able to get a bottle of Kopperberg, the pear cider :-D

isn't that just another name for Babycham? :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • attica

(C) Eric Idle circa 1977 - Hollywood bowl I believe, but like all good jokes, worth repeating
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Yeah, definitely not my own!

Not witty enough to come up with that... :)
  • biondino
    Aspall's cider is lovely - I've only rediscovered cider in the last couple of years after living on it during my teens. A two-litre bottles of Olde English on Wimbledon Common on a friday night in August - heaven. And at university, I made a community-minded list of all the common alcoholic options on campus and discovered that Londis own-brand strong dry cider had more than TWICE the alcohol-per-penny content of any other drink. No prizes for guessing my tipple du choix through most of my first year (after which my palate became either too sophisticated or too devastated and I moved onto cooking lager).
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    biondino wrote:

It's cooking lager
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Littigator
    I'll admit to drinking training lager, anything else and I turn into a ranty beast, oh hang on a minute, no that's on here!

Anything else and I turn into a tw*t...no hang on that's most of the time anyway...oh dammit I'm just a lightweight ok!

:oops:

• cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    I'll admit to drinking training lager, anything else and I turn into a ranty beast, oh hang on a minute, no that's on here!

Anything else and I turn into a tw*t...no hang on that's most of the time anyway...oh dammit I'm just a lightweight ok!

:oops:

Litts - are you just an angry man? :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I have to say that Fosters has its merits... it's damn cheap for one!

I am partial to the belgian beers meself, Leffe or Duvel, or a bit of Erdinger if I'm feeling more Germanic!

However they do make me raaaaaather tipsy!

I am one of the happiest drunks on earth though. :D
  • cjcp
    I have to say that Fosters has its merits... it's damn cheap for one!

I am partial to the belgian beers meself, Leffe or Duvel, or a bit of Erdinger if I'm feeling more Germanic!

However they do make me raaaaaather tipsy!

I am one of the happiest drunks on earth though. :D

1. Fosters has no merits. It is pants. End of.
    2. Nothing beats Kwak after the Tour of Flanders. It is, without doubt, the finest alcoholic beverage on the planet.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Is Kwak the one where before they give you your drink they ask you to hand over one of your shoes?
  • cjcp
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • LiT, aren't you meant to be going to France today? Or you leaving this evening???
    As long as your back on Millbank on or around 6PM (GMT) Friday it's all good tho!

Litt, I imagine your like Legolas in LoTR, a finely tuned machine until alcohol touches your lips! Don't worry tho that would make 2 of us :-D Although I have moved on a bit since my youth of getting drunk on 4 can's of "training lager"
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    Probably my fondest cycling memory was a 2 week tour through belgium ending in Luxembourg. (please note if you plan on doing this the ascent into luxembourg is 5km of 8% slope, avoid doing this on an 8 speed city bike).

Some of the best drink I've ever had. I was a particular fan of Orval, but pretty much anything by the trapists was worth a go. Those monks are a cunning bunch, worked out how to get a job of little hard work and lots of booze.
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...