Silly commuting racing

Comments

• With a crack of thunder to the West ...

I'M BACK! :twisted:

to find 100 new pages of thread. This will take me a while to read.

And to the shaved roadie on the white Specialized between Albert and Chelsea Bridges this morning: your still beating heart is in my waste paper bin. Come and get it any time you want.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Yep, the Game played me.

I did however set out to complete the ride as fast as possible, as did the majority of the roadies that took part, not strictly part of the Game and certainly the scalps won't count on my personal tally.

It was a hybrid version of the Game really, but I definitely wouldn't have let anyone lower in the food chain pass me, and did pass many riders that I would have looked at as a scalp had it been my commute.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    [quote="Bassjunkieuk"

Drinks sound good as it was a really good night last time and getting some food in at the same time sounds like a really good idea :-)[/quote]

tsk, eating is cheating
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    It bloody isn't! And definitely not when you have to ride home...
  • Right. I've read that.

So, some of you have been using this thread as a means to groom young LiT, no doubt with a view to using her as breeding stock. I wish I could say I'm appalled, but nothing here surprises me.

And what is this obsession with SS? Just because you have gears doesn't mean you have to use them.

Attica - good effort with the legs. No more flea picking for you.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    And to the shaved roadie on the white Specialized between Albert and Chelsea Bridges this morning: your still beating heart is in my waste paper bin. Come and get it any time you want.

* Spits coffee all over screen

I'm up for another team drinks, btw there's eating & drinking in Guinness.

PS. 1 x White & 1 x Red Saddle + Red chain on order
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

* Spits coffee all over screenI'm up for another team drinks, btw there's eating & drinking in Guinness.

PS. 1 x White & 1 x Red Saddle + Red chain on order

ITB - this is normal. He's more machine than man, twisted and evil.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    Greg66 wrote:

I must admit, I'm missing the extra protein, but I'm faster as a result.
    There's a whole thread on the subject something like "the target on my back just got bigger"
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • cjcp
    Am I the only one still sitting at their desk in lycra?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Attica wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

There's a whole thread on the subject something like "the target on my back just got bigger"

I gave some further thought to going "sans hair" on the weekend. The mingling of hair and road rash scabs isn't very pleasant.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    cjcp wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I gave some further thought to going "sans hair" on the weekend. The mingling of hair and road rash scabs isn't very pleasant.

COME ON!!!! You know you want to...join us!!!!!!!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • attica
    cjcp wrote:

You're quite right, I always used to say that going sans hair was being fatalistic and that I didn't want to prepare for having an off.
    That was until I had one, then it became a serious consideration.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Littigator wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

COME ON!!!! You know you want to...join us!!!!!!!

The only thing he should "join us" for is a drink...........

Also whilst I'm here, welcome back Greg66, hope you had a nice few weeks off :-) Glad to see your back in the swing of things :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp wrote:

I thought the problem was bald head + hairy chest + shaved legs = circus escaper.

Have your regrown the hair on your head?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

I thought the problem was bald head + hairy chest + shaved legs = circus escaper.

Have your regrown the hair on your head?

That's not really an option.

I'm weighing up the circus freak/hair and scabs issue. I am on the horns of a dilemma.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    circus freaks, hair, scabs, horns!!!

Are we still talking about cycling?

• Ahhhhh and we're back to the grown men heartily discussing their leg hair. Normal service resumed! :D

Sorry to hijack with gear inch questions, my curiosity is now sated.

Anyway, yeah, beer/curry/whatever: I can do friday of this week or of next... Was a laugh last time.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    This thread has become a monster. I'd be keen for friday drinkies again this friday or next work for me. I can show off my newly enlarged ring. White wheels have still not arrived though.

Just purchased some latex gloves which should make the whole ring-enlargening process a tad less messy... :lol:
  • Just purchased some latex gloves which should make the whole ring-enlargening process a tad less messy... :lol:

PFFFFNGHRHRHAhahaa!

Is roughly the sound i make laughing tea through my nose...

:lol::lol:
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:

I really really hope you rode the bike in this morning :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    So drinks and or food this Friday, submit your "Embankment" area suggestions
  • itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

There is that moment, about 2 and a half hours into your working day, when you realise that you're feeling a tad sub-tropical in the undercrackers department and look down, only to realise that you've become bogged down in emails before changing out of your lycra.

The office cyclist can also usually be identified by the tell-tale aroma of three-day dead polecat emanating from the bottom drawer of his (or her) desk/filing cabinet where the moist cycling gear gets left to ferment during the working day.

Anyone? Just me then...
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
    (John F Kennedy)

Hairy Roadie (new scoring) FCN 1/2
  • Littigator
    UNDERCRACKERS!!!!

On a more serious note, can we do either next Friday or the Friday after for drinks curry etc?

• cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

There is that moment, about 2 and a half hours into your working day, when you realise that you're feeling a tad sub-tropical in the undercrackers department and look down, only to realise that you've become bogged down in emails before changing out of your lycra.

The office cyclist can also usually be identified by the tell-tale aroma of three-day dead polecat emanating from the bottom drawer of his (or her) desk/filing cabinet where the moist cycling gear gets left to ferment during the working day.

Anyone? Just me then...

I soak my clothes in the shower, spin dry it in the spin drier thingy in the gym and then hang it up next to an open window.

The same does not apply to my gloves or cycling cap, which are capable of knocking a buzzard off a sh*t truck from 50 paces.

I can't make beers this Friday. Next week should be fine though.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I def can't do this Friday but probably can do next.
  • Alas, I am in Germany for the next two Fridays. (Not sorry that I'm going to Germany - although I am going to Bonn - die Bundeshauptstadt ohne nachtleben das diesen namen verdient... (Request to Deutschophones, am I near the idiomatic mark there? My German is quite rusty...)

Having missed the last pis... sorry, social gathering... I would like to be able to attend at least one before we all realise we actually loathe each other in real life. :)
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
    (John F Kennedy)

Hairy Roadie (new scoring) FCN 1/2
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Well due to work arrangements I'm un-available for the next 3 Fridays as I'm currently working down in Woking, so don't get back home until 6:20ish (and that's driving!) and the 2 Friday's after that I am working up town but on a 13:30-21:30 shift!

If/when we do get a date and place confirmed I'll post it up on the FB group this time so we might get some more people down :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    cjcp wrote:
    The same does not apply to my gloves or cycling cap, which are capable of knocking a buzzard off a sh*t truck from 50 paces.

So it's not just me whose hands smell like I've been wearing skunk mittens then!

It's only been a problem since I started using Specialized BG Gel gloves, before I used the BG Pro glove and had no problem.

Anyone else?

• I don't wear gloves... unless it's really flippin' freezing then it's my snowboarding gloves with cotton liners. The cotton, unlike synthetic material, doesn't smell too bad when it gets sweaty, and doesn't disintegrate when you put it in the wash...

And I keep my cycling gear in my cycling bag in the day, but it all gest washed after one or two uses. Old habits die hard - I hated the idea of being the smelly one on the train when I used to commute...

Speaking of which, I've lost my oxford street mojo! All this not-racing and 'you RLJ you lose' has significantly slowed my progress on one of the slowest, most bus-filled and most hateful streets in all of London. D@mn it all. Luckily I won't be back there anytime soon!

As for beers, I can do this friday, or next friday (5th) but not the one after (12th)... I vote 5th!

Finally,

Meines Erachtens, Victor, hast du's fast erfasst...!

:)
  • my snowboarding gloves

Snowboarding. Along with eating peas, having red curly hair, keeping gnomes and RLJ'ing, one of the well-recognised signs of the Dark Lord himself, Satan.

Ugh.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A