Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    In regards to my last post, all I can say in my defense is that I think the time off the bike (and on the train) last week along with having to ride the wife's hybrid has taken my eye off the game.

Please accept my profound apologizes! I promise to scalp all those ahead of me even if it means risking a possible cardiac failure......

As for the breakfast mumbo jumbo, I get by on 2 weetabix topped off with a ton of shreddies in the morning all washed down with a nice cup of earl grey tea (how british!)

Also I like LiT's thinking on how meat count's towards your 5-a-day, by that reason the mixed kebab from the end of my road is about 25 servings :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator wrote:
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...fruit, veg, nuts porridge and bran flakes...makes me go faster :wink:

(crack of knuckles)

Fruit??? Veg??? NUTS!!!

You ma son...are avin a bubble baaf!

No more coffee for this man. :lol::lol:
  • "If we weren't supposed to eat animals, why did God make them taste of meat?" - apologies but I can't think who said that. If it was you - thanks
    R25

Ridgeback R25 - 1% bike
  • Bassjunkieuk
    R25 Flyer wrote:
    "If we weren't supposed to eat animals, why did God make them taste of meat?" - apologies but I can't think who said that. If it was you - thanks

I'm sure I heard Peter Griffin on Family Guy use that line.........very true tho :-)
    All this talk of food is making me rather hungry and it's oh so close to lunch!
    One of the great things about cycle commuting (and a rather good metabolism) is that I can eat junk but still don't put on weight :-) I'm thinking donor meat and chips today should be enough to fuel me home :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    One of the great things about cycle commuting (and a rather good metabolism) is that I can eat junk but still don't put on weight :-) I'm thinking donor meat and chips today should be enough to fuel me home :-)

Please please don't tell me you work in a hospital!
  • Bassjunkieuk

Please please don't tell me you work in a hospital!

LOL :-) I often find that unless it's fresh it gets a really odd taste, goes down quite well with a nice chianti and some fava beans though :-)

In the end I went for a full LAMB donor meal, with chips and drink so I should hopefully be flying home this evening as I feel rather stuffed now!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    If any Sohoers are interested the Turkish restaurant (name begins with O) halfway along Old Compton Street does THE best doner kebab I've ever tasted. It's slightly different from the usual, thoguh - it's served in a wrap instead of a pitta (makes it MUCH easier to eat) and is fairly small and fairly expensive. But when I'm sober I don't find myself desiring vast quantities of grade D meat so I'm fine with that :)
  • il_principe
    Cyprus Mangal in Pimlico is ace. http://www.london-eating.co.uk/7253.htm
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    I've just come back from Borough Market and had a "Roast to go"....1/2 a crispy pig in a soft bagette with apple sauce.

So.....using LIT's theory, that's got to be two portions of veg just there....and a beer...are hops a vegetable?...I'm thinking they are, so that's 3 for today already!

Woo hoo this veg stuff it really tasty!!!
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • il_principe
    snooks wrote:
    I've just come back from Borough Market and had a "Roast to go"....1/2 a crispy pig in a soft bagette with apple sauce.

So.....using LIT's theory, that's got to be two portions of veg just there....and a beer...are hops a vegetable?...I'm thinking they are, so that's 3 for today already!

Woo hoo this veg stuff it really tasty!!!

I was up t'market today, I love that roast stand, great horseradish.

Hops are clearly a veg.
  • snooks
    Hops are clearly a veg.

Thats good I can carry my excess veggies from last night over to today :0)

Meaning that last night 6 pints = 6 veg,1 curry, had tomatoes peppers and chicken, and ginger bits on top...must be at least 4 or 5 inc the chicken...oh and the lentil stuff another +1....popadoms don't count, but mango chutney, there's another +1 onion salad, +1 again...Lime pickle prolly about 1/2 cos I didn't have too much, and minty yoghurty stuff, 1/2 again?

And that was just last night...so I'm well up on my veggie count for the week, I can let myself go a bit over the looooonnnng weekend :shock:

:wink:

:D
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    snooks wrote:
    Hops are clearly a veg.

Thats good I can carry my excess veggies from last night over to today :0)

Meaning that last night 6 pints = 6 veg,1 curry, had tomatoes peppers and chicken, and ginger bits on top...must be at least 4 or 5 inc the chicken...oh and the lentil stuff another +1....popadoms don't count, but mango chutney, there's another +1 onion salad, +1 again...Lime pickle prolly about 1/2 cos I didn't have too much, and minty yoghurty stuff, 1/2 again?

And that was just last night...so I'm well up on my veggie count for the week, I can let myself go a bit over the looooonnnng weekend :shock:

:wink:

:D

Popadoms are made of flour of some kind, which is ground rice or wheat or chickpeas or summat, so they most definitely do count! :D
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Chillies are a multiplier.....

Anything that has chilli in it basically doubles the veg count......

I seem to be playing the game about food.......

This is true.

When going for a curry no man orders the Korma.

Jalfrezi or death!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Had a Madras last night..
    Added lentils and creamed coconut. I hope this does not dilute the spice FCN.
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Added lentils and creamed coconut..

STOP THE TRAIN!

Lentils......

Unless lentil is Hindi for Pork (and I'm pretty damn sure it's not) then you've "pulsed" your food.........

I feel dirty
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • biondino
    Still an all time classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-pmg_CCeI
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Greg T wrote:
    Chillies are a multiplier.....

Anything that has chilli in it basically doubles the veg count......

This is true.

Jalfrezi or death!

PAH! I laugh at ur Jalfrezi, REAL men get a Vindaloo :-)
    AND CHILLI NAAN BREAD!

Good name for it to as that's where I spend most of the next morning :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • For those of you feeling veggie deficient at the moment then this weekend has the perfect cure:

http://www.beningtonlordship.co.uk/even ... ival.shtml
    R25

Ridgeback R25 - 1% bike
  • Greg T wrote:

This is true.

Jalfrezi or death!

AND CHILLI NAAN BREAD!

Actually, boys, real men don't care... or order the Phall... (cue dramatic chords)

And furthermore, what are curries cooked in? That's right... VEGETABLE OIL!

One curry could do your entire veg allowance for a week.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...Lettuce, tomatoes, beans, cabbage, carrots, spuds AND ALL THE KINDS OF FRUIT!!!!! :twisted: ...take that all you rotten on the inside meat eaters...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • biondino
    Actually, boys, real men don't care...

Listen to this one, lads, this stuff is golden.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Greg T wrote:

This is true.

Jalfrezi or death!

AND CHILLI NAAN BREAD!

Actually, boys, real men don't care... or order the Phall... (cue dramatic chords)

And furthermore, what are curries cooked in? That's right... VEGETABLE OIL!

One curry could do your entire veg allowance for a week.

Thanks for that tip-off, I've never heard of that dish until now :-) The wikipedia write up sounds like a huge gauntlet being thrown my way, now the question is do my local curry house offer this wonderment!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • snooks
    Avoid a Phall, unless you want a a Johnny Cash song, or to put it another way....you'd like bits of you feelin like the map at the start of Bonanza!!!

Not good :shock:

And surely the veggies have to hang around inside you long enough to do some good...Don't they? :roll:

So will the next Game meet be beers followed by a curry??? Followed by a quick sprint home
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Hang on a minute!

I'm seem to have got lost somewhere this pm. Upon logging in to my friendly neighbourhood bicyclete forum for some friendly banter and witty repartee concerning the Unmentionable which we do not play, I seemed to have strayed along the way and veered off into an episode of Jamies Kitchen F*CKIN Garden or something.

On another note, all this talk of curry suggests the next TG social should be held on Brick Lane in a curry house, although it'll have to be one that lets us bring our bikes inside to prevent them being nicked by every scally in the area.
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • snooks
    Littigator wrote:
    On another note, all this talk of curry suggests the next TG social should be held on Brick Lane in a curry house, although it'll have to be one that lets us bring our bikes inside to prevent them being nicked by every scally in the area.

We could go bikeless and see who can get the best bike for the way home....

Or we could all go on the search for LIT's lost ride...

I'm sure it must be in that pub there....Nope?...OK, lets look for it in that pub instead....
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Bassjunkieuk
    snooks wrote:
    Littigator wrote:

We could go bikeless and see who can get the best bike for the way home....

Or we could all go on the search for LIT's lost ride...

I'm sure it must be in that pub there....Nope?...OK, lets look for it in that pub instead....

I like your thinking, but we'd need a designated rider (with strong legs) in case we do find it as after all that walking I'm sure we'd work up a mighty thirst!

Food and drink does sound like a good plan tho, especially considering how long we where out last week, I was rather hungry when I got home and I hadn't even ridden that day so god knows how everyone else felt!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    Please not brick lane - seriously overated curry and our bikes will get stolen: http://www.londonfgss.com/thread3376.html

There's a great curry house just off Embankment on Vauxhall Bridge Road - Millbank Spice
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    , I was rather hungry when I got home and I hadn't even ridden that day so god knows how everyone else felt!

Like a small weak kitten abandoned and unloved :cry:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Littigator wrote:
    , I was rather hungry when I got home and I hadn't even ridden that day so god knows how everyone else felt!

Like a small weak kitten abandoned and unloved :cry:

Exactly, ur more understanding then my wife :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Please not brick lane - seriously overated curry and our bikes will get stolen: http://www.londonfgss.com/thread3376.html

There's a great curry house just off Embankment on Vauxhall Bridge Road - Millbank Spice

Just read that post on there, that is pretty shit. Reading things like that do make you wonder how safe you are leaving your bike in town! All my mates are surprised that I just lock up my bike to any un-movable object but then again I've got a fairly decent lock for the bikes I'm locking up, secure the front and rear wheels up and always leave it somewhere visible. I've also never had to leave it out late at night which might help.

Embankment sounds good as it's pretty close to our hallowed grounds :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5