What's Facebook?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    cjcp wrote:

There is a very logical explanation to all this: you SSs are not as fast as you think are.

(cue the sharp intake of breath followed by howls of outrage amongst the frankly appalled SS community)

Gaaaaaaaahhhhh :evil: (wipes dripping coffee from monitor, rolls sleeves up and cracks knuckles

So that's it is it cjcpppcpcpcjppcjp hmmmmmmm?!

You want to play hardball eh!

Well we'll see about that. You and me behind the Millbank Tower at lunchbreak...I'm gonna chinese burn you (are we still allowed to call them that, it's not un pc or anyfing?) until you cry like a little girl (is that sexist?)

:twisted:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    biondino wrote:
    How about a "real names" update? I'm Mark, pleased to meet all y'all.

Well if yer on Facebook, I'm sure you can work out who I am :D

In case you're not (and you haven't looked at the pretty pics on my website - Yachting Photographer available for hire!!! btw :D )

The name is Graham, but Snooks works just as well :wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Littigator wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

There is a very logical explanation to all this: you SSs are not as fast as you think are.

(cue the sharp intake of breath followed by howls of outrage amongst the frankly appalled SS community)

Gaaaaaaaahhhhh :evil: (wipes dripping coffee from monitor, rolls sleeves up and cracks knuckles

So that's it is it cjcpppcpcpcjppcjp hmmmmmmm?!

You want to play hardball eh!

Well we'll see about that. You and me behind the Millbank Tower at lunchbreak...I'm gonna chinese burn you (are we still allowed to call them that, it's not un pc or anyfing?) until you cry like a little girl (is that sexist?)

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

:lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    cjcp wrote:

This is true......

I now pray for just enough wind to handicap the roadies to just below my gearing and then do them......

I'm spinning out in the fast hybrid danger zone so I've got to be on my toes, literally.

Flat calm conditions and I'm dead meat......

My real name's Greg.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • cjcp
    Greg T wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

This is true......

I now pray for just enough wind to handicap the roadies to just below my gearing and then do them......

I'm spinning out in the fast hybrid danger zone so I've got to be on my toes, literally.

Flat calm conditions and I'm dead meat......
    My real name's Greg.

I thought you struggled in the wind too. You are a genuine all-rounder.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    cjcp wrote:
    I thought you struggled in the wind too.

I didn't say I didn't struggle......

After a solid couple of months of gaming coinciding with unseasonal wind conditions and the Millbank wind tunnel multiplier effect I'm registering on the UN's "extinction risk" register.

My pores have become so enlarged due to skin breathing that I now prolapse my internal organs between the Bolan Death Tree and speed humps as the effort of the mountainous railway bridge puts me over the edge.

Thank God for Lycra - I thought I'd popped a Kidney on Monday.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Could someone please let me have the link to the Facebook page - I am sick of trawling through hundreds of pages looking for the group.

Ta.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Coriander wrote:
    Could someone please let me have the link to the Facebook page - I am sick of trawling through hundreds of pages looking for the group.

Ta.

it's in my signature......
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    c12345 wrote:
    how about one of these to pour salt into the scalp wound?
    http://www.mykle.com/msl/?p=10

(via Make)

vest.jpg

... Do you think it can be modded to show current daily scalp total?

Oh man I want one of those! If only they were in production - every game wearer could get them. Speed plus a little programmable message underneath - You've been scalped" etc etc.

Destroyed the same roadie last night as I destroyed on Tuesday night - he's been scalped by the Prince and the Pearson now poor fella. Scalping into the Embankment headwind is a challenge though!
  • Littigator
    cjcp wrote:
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?

:lol:

On names, did anyone realise that cjcppcppjccjcjcjpp's real name is Clarissa Joan Chlamydia Prendergast?

I'm Jamie by the way

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Coriander's your real name?! Nice!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    c12345 wrote:
    how about one of these to pour salt into the scalp wound?
    http://www.mykle.com/msl/?p=10

(via Make)

vest.jpg

... Do you think it can be modded to show current daily scalp total?

That NEEDS to go into production!!!! I hope that displays in MPH as I'm sure I can see 6 and 7 on the first digit! I'd assume you'd only see those lit when descending an arctic glacier tho......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino wrote:
    I'm the Mark with the Italian surname on The Game facebook page. LiT, are you Olivia? There aren't a lot of girls on it...

Indeed I am... good work!

And no, it's not that us SS riders are slow, it's that brompton riders bimble and have the time to find sneaky shortcuts (cue muttley-style snickering) and flummox us all!

Or, as I said previously, a gap in the time-space continuum... it's the ONLY other viable explanation...

I'm gonna chinese burn you (are we still allowed to call them that, it's not un pc or anyfing?) until you cry like a little girl (is that sexist?)

Nah, not sexist or un-pc... pinch him litts! Fight like a girl! Slap him about the face until he stops being mean and horrible about SS-ers or we'll tell our mums!

Yeah! SS riders are so hardcore... :lol::lol:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Far better would be to follow him to work, wait for him to lock up his bike and mess with the indexing on his gears, then see who's faster...
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Far better would be to follow him to work, wait for him to lock up his bike and mess with the indexing on his gears, then see who's faster...

That sir is devious! Not that sorting the indexing out should be to challenging for someone of his caliber!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    tiptoe tiptoe sneak sneak sneak

tweak screw A...tweak screw B and retreat to a safe distance to watch him graunch and grind up the road wondering why his big ring (snigger) keeps slipping his chain onto his crank (mwah ha ha haa haaaaa)

Love the devious suggestion....right cppjpcpcpjpjpjjjpp you've riled the wrath of the singlies and boy can we be big meanies...either that or we'll run crying to our mums as suggested by LiTs

• cjcp
    Littigator wrote:

tweak screw A...tweak screw B and retreat to a safe distance to watch him graunch and grind up the road wondering why his big ring (snigger) keeps slipping his chain onto his crank (mwah ha ha haa haaaaa)

Love the devious suggestion....right cppjpcpcpjpjpjjjpp you've riled the wrath of the singlies and boy can we be big meanies...either that or we'll run crying to our mums as suggested by LiTs

Bring. It. On. Ladies.

FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:

I got a bit worried when you said you were meanies. So, to find out what I was up against, I searched for "singlies" on Google. I found this...

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/c ... heel-bikes

:lol::lol::lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wow, a Falcon Blush 16? Awesome! It's the 2008 as well... :)

I reckon we should *whisper whisper whisper*... teeheehee!

Or let's remove his shifter and put him on his top gear... we'll see who's a sissy when he can't change down... :twisted:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Wow, a Falcon Blush 16? Awesome! It's the 2008 as well... :)

Or let's remove his shifter and put him on his top gear... we'll see who's a sissy when he can't change down... :twisted:

Or we go the other way and leave him in bottom gear :-) 10MPH@120RPM :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Wow, a Falcon Blush 16? Awesome! It's the 2008 as well... :)

To remove my shifter or leave me in bottom gear, you would first need to catch me. And, as you both know, that just ain't gonna happen, is it?. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wow, a Falcon Blush 16? Awesome! It's the 2008 as well... :)

Now that would leave him ripe for a serious scalping!!! :lol:
  • ride_whenever
    Alternatively play with the limit screws and change him into the middle ring and fiddle the indexing, so when he goes to shift into the big-ring it just dumps the chain onto his foot...
  • Littigator
    remove his freewheel without him knowig then push him down a hill!

re The Falcon Blush...that is one mean looking machine...ooooh yeah! Does it come with optional spokey dokeys? :D

• ride_whenever
    ooo, with a surly fixer...

I like your thinking...
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Littigator wrote:
    remove his freewheel without him knowig then push him down a hill!

re The Falcon Blush...that is one mean looking machine...ooooh yeah! Does it come with optional spokey dokeys? :D

What do you mean optional?? Spokey Dokeys are a REQUIREMENT of any decent 16" wheeled bike :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Sorry dude you're absolutely right. What was I thinking (hangs head in shame and retreats to a corner to have stern words with himself)

• Do you think any of you would still talk to me if I put tassels on my handlebars?

And yeah, litts, don't you know ANYTHING about bikes?

:D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Do you think any of you would still talk to me if I put tassels on my handlebars?

And yeah, litts, don't you know ANYTHING about bikes?

:D

I think the tassle's would incur an FCN penalty at the very least, but just imagine the satisfaction you'd gleam from scalping a shaved-like-a-laydee roadie as they flutter in the wind :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5