Silly commuting racing

Comments

• I'm in bed! Yey laptop. Boo ever diminishing battery power...

Hmm. Bloke in bed with a laptop.

Seedy much?

How is Sveltana, your sexy Russian bride-to-be? :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • OK, nobody else is going to bed until we have definitively figured out this hairy-legged person's FCN...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg66 wrote:
    I'm in bed! Yey laptop. Boo ever diminishing battery power...

Hmm. Bloke in bed with a laptop.

Seedy much?

How is Sveltana, your sexy Russian bride-to-be? :twisted:

Speaking of internet brides I actually had a missed call from a Thai number earlier, rather worrying...
  • But he needs to tell us what pedals he's running. And I bet he's gone to bed.

Shall we ring him?

Or text him first to say that we're about to ring :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Better fax first eh?
  • il_principe
    little_britain_405.jpg
  • il_principe
    little_britain_405.jpg
  • Greg66 wrote:
    But he needs to tell us what pedals he's running. And I bet he's gone to bed.

Shall we ring him?

Or text him first to say that we're about to ring :wink:

So inconsiderate... Actually I have a pigeon we could send...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Err don't you lot have work in the morning !?!?

cjcp you get like 1-1.5 hrs sleep a night as it is.

jash those movies draining the battery :lol:

greg seeing as you're unable to reach your toes these days did you wake up misses G66 for that little math session

LiTs hello no wine for me just night nurse and hot choc.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I'm 'working' from home again...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    Err don't you lot have work in the morning !?!?

cjcp you get like 1-1.5 hrs sleep a night as it is.

jash those movies draining the battery :lol:

greg seeing as you're unable to reach your toes these days did you wake up misses G66 for that little math session

LiTs hello no wine for me just night nurse and hot choc.

Won't be long. I could be on the sofa again though: my youngest is occupying the space I normally fill. Little monster. :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm working on recycling cans of lager plus reading about who jashburnham shares his bed with.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Looks like it might be the two chaps from little britain...
  • Sorry! Still here, just about!

So 6 it is... yep, clipless all the way.

I do have a problem with cracked nipples though... but I think that's a post for another day :D

Ta very much for all the in depth investigation, I feel I know who I am now! See you on that there embankment....
    White Condor Italia 2011
    FCN 3
  • Thank god. Now we can all go to bed.
  • And sleep soundly, safe in the knowledge that once again, I WAS RIGHT!

Night all. Sleep tight. :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Night, John Boy
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Thank god. Now we can all go to bed.

Not together, dear reader, in case you were wondering.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    They did :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I want my 2 mins 23s back from reading pages 556 and 557
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Well, I could have done with some gears this morning. The wind coming down off the hill was so strong I nearly scalped myself a couple of times..

Luckily I don't have to ride back into it, since I'm taking the train to Prestatyn this evening for a weekend away, wahaaay :?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Productive ride in this morning and my most fruitful of the week!
    Got my first scalp within 2 miles of leaving, a Bianchi roadie as I came down the usually quiet residential road towards Streatham.

Picked up a couple of tourers (or at least panniered up roadies) before hitting Balham and claiming a few SSers!

Unfortunately the run from Balham Waitrose to Stockwell brought LOADS of RLJers :-(
    I also had to sit and wait at a rather long light sequence by Clapham North after watching 4 lycra'd up roadies disappear from the side road down past the common. I couldn't even see them once our lights had changed to let us through so missed out on some prize scalpage there :x
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Well - nothing has taken or caught me this week - although, I did have a ding dong with an MTB'er who took me on the flat (I span out on the SS), so I got him on the next hill.

On roadbike over the next few days as I cocked up BB and had to do some "intricate" angle griding to correct.....

Have a good weekend all!
  • A shocking SCR experience this morning.

Shortly after setting off and realising that the roads were both touched with frost and grease I decided to slow down a bit (not that I'm every that fast). Anyhow, about 10 mins into ride and I hear the familiar tick-tick-tick-tick of a bike behind me. I don’t want to look, for to look would tell him or her that I knew the race was on. So, I put the hammer down ignoring the patches of ice, explosion of iron work and gaping holes in the road. I sweep majestically around a bend but it is back. Tick-tick-tick-tick

I push harder; my legs still tired from the late blast home last night but yet determined not to be passed so early into my journey. I feel I must be pulling away.

I am Captain Hook and tick-tick-tick-tick sound is my crocodile nemeses. It’s back, I have to look. It’s a !! car with some kind of problem in its engine!

There was one bright note to my trip in today. I’m normally a mega polite rider, I follow the rules of the road and I even thank drivers who wait and give me room before passing. I do so in the hope that the next time they see a cyclist they’ll again do the right thing. However, I can have a dark side…as I entered Islington this morning some complete Tw@ in a mini tried to barge past me on a narrow chicane. He/she didn’t make it and so I stayed bang in primary position for the next five minutes, leaving just enough gap between me and the van in front so that mini-tw@ knew there was space for him/her but was never going to get to it. The engine was revving and I could feel the hate. As soon as a passing gap on the other side of the road opened up I’d adjust my primary position slightly to ensure it couldn’t be used. I wasn’t in reality holding him/her up – apart from one car space – yet to they deemed that enough to risk my life / health for it. I therefore deemed hacking them off to be worth it. If they’re in such a hurry tomorrow perhaps they’ll leave home a little earlier.
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Bassjunkieuk
    TCS - That one car space is very valuable! Heaven forbid they can't get 5 yards further into the traffic jam ;-)
    I have actually had a few courteous drivers over the last few days that really made me think about how we remember things i.e. it's only really the bad behavior that sticks! I think it was yesterday when a driver hung back a bit to let me back across the lane so I could get into the bus lane (he got a thumbs up as I indicated to acknowledge him) and this morning a plonker in a Luton van pulled right into the ASL at a red light. I gave him a glaring look and indicated he should have stopped at the back line, but once the lights changed he didn't go racing off and let me and the other cyclist get off first :-)

Also, well done for keeping ahead of the dodgy car :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    On my way to work there's a crossroad with traffic light. At that time of the morning, there's only ever people going one way - the same way as me, because there's no-one coming the other way out of town that time, the road on the left is out of Asda that no-one is coming out of at that time, and the road on the right is just a road to nowhere that no-one ever comes out of at any time.

So why, when caught at the red light, do I have to wait frickin ages for those other three utterly empty roads to get individual green lights? Especially when it's cold, wet and windy, ie. this morning. Grr.

Should RLJ'ing be allowed?

/runs off
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    As I cycle through Putney common to the death bridge I am always convinced I can hear a bike behind me but there's never anyone there. Ghost rider? or my own rear mech?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Surely if it was ghost rider you'd feel him?

ghost-rider-superhero-400a062507.jpg
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    As usual there we're no other riders on my route this morning, I did get buzzed by a low flying RAF helicopter then later on by an Army Air Corp helicopter, the bright yellow hi-viz jacket makes a great target :lol: