Silly commuting racing

Comments

• I just wanted to post this rather splendid pic of Littigator from Saturday's Tweed Run:

3227563105_54e36d000f.jpg

Great day.

Excellent. I'll check out for LFGSS for more!
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I just wanted to post this rather splendid pic of Littigator from Saturday's Tweed Run:

Great day.

What a superb photo - chapeau to you, Mr Litts, for making one hell of an effort with your outfit.

Now we just need photos of CP and Jash...
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    First ride to work since last Monday cos I've been laid low with a stomach bug, and it felt good (today's ride, not the bug) :D

No scalps, but just setting off from some traffic lights and some kid whipped past so suddenly it made me jump - where the hell did you come from? - the traffic was too heavy for him to come past me at any speed, so i can only assume he came off the pavement. Anyway, he only got halfway across the junction and "crunch skid" - his back wheel locked up and he ground to a halt in the middle of the road. Dunno what had happened, but it made me smile :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Here's one of me before I set off

DSC02451.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Coriander wrote:
    I just wanted to post this rather splendid pic of Littigator from Saturday's Tweed Run:

Great day.

What a superb photo - chapeau to you, Mr Litts, for making one hell of an effort with your outfit.

Now we just need photos of CP and Jash...

Well here's a rather unflattering one of me.

3227620457_4600d938ec_o.jpg

For all photos have a look on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/lfgsstweedrun/
  • Loving the pics guys, you have outdone yourselves!

I am, as ever, very jealous...
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Loving the style too.

Jash were you wearing shorts? If so I might have to ask if you like Angus Young from AC DC :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    GCampion.jpg

No reason for posting this photo at all, sorry
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • il_principe
    I realised fairly on that my look was more 1930's prep school than it was Chap, but hey ho t'was a grand day out.

I wasn't quite wearing shorts though, went for 3/4's in the end.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Cracking outfits guys :-) Looks like it was an excellent day out!

Now I have another goal for next year, to acquire/build a SS and get some tweed :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...excellent pics chaps 8) ...what style...coincidently I overtook someone this morning, thinking I had bagged another scalp only to discover he was smoking :!: ...doesn't count I don't think... :?:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Anyone know what was going on at Putney Bridge last night? Lots of bikes on the NKR and then a crowd of cyclists at the peak of the Col. Around 7:30pm or so.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Love Litts outfit, chapeau.

Excellent photo too (yours Jash?).

I also admire Litts nerve in cycling with a pipe. Only the other day someone was telling me about going to see their dad in hospital and seeing a bloke in the next bed who had been in a car crash while smoking a pipe... Seriously gruesome apparently!

J
  • Loving the outfits!
    You guys look great.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Top drawer Tweeds there chaps, whatwhat.

Clothes swap-out and frikkin' huge parcel to take to the Post Office today, so no bike for me.

Yesterday was good though, if a little lonely. I was expecting to be tired after cycling on Sunday too, but the force was with me in the morning and I was warping* it in. Much the same on the way home. I think I'm finally shaking the pre-Christmas manflu :roll: If only I had someone to scalp...

I posted on Friday about some local adibok boys trying to nick bikes from our sheds. Well yesterday they succeeded and made off with one of our guys' bikes :evil: Poor bloke, he's only had it since Boxing Day too. Looks like they just smashed his cable lock open. My work bike was there too, but looked unmolested.

All credit to our management though - they say we can keep our bikes in the main office (on a carpet mat) from now until the building's outer doors are secured better. 7 floors up, in an office full of people and behind a swipe card entry door. Nice.

* apologies for the mixed sci-fi mythologies in that metaphor
    Today is a good day to ride
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I am pretty sure I saw JonGinge going east on the junction by Vauxhall bridge this AM. He was MingTFU big stylee!
  • il_principe
    Sewinman wrote:
    I am pretty sure I saw JonGinge going east on the junction by Vauxhall bridge this AM. He was MingTFU big stylee!

He's a bit quick eh - even quicker uphill...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Sewinman wrote:

Not so sure about that at the moment. Got a cold and can't get any speed up. Very frustrating

@Sewinman Went through Vauxhall X just before nine. Away from the lights I was chasing a rapid SSer. Traffic saved the second taking of his scalp.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Not so sure about that at the moment. Got a cold and can't get any speed up. Very frustrating

@Sewinman Went through Vauxhall X just before nine. Away from the lights I was chasing a rapid SSer. Traffic saved the second taking of his scalp.

Yeah, I was waiting at the lights going North. Saw you putting some serious smack down - must have been a 'deep burn' after :)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    I often find myself watching the sprint from the lights at the norf side of Vauxhall Bridge when I'm heading that way! It really makes me want to re-design my commute so I can ride the Embankment :-D

Nothing to report from me on the SCR front, I did think I might see some action last night when roadie with what could only be descibed as a small solar object strapped to his bars pulled up a alongside me last night for the ride down the dual carriageway in Croydon.
    I spun up nicely and hit 30mph as I past the Allders car park turn off. I can only assume he turned off somewhere as I didn't see him again.........shame as he looked like good competition :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sewinman wrote:

Word. I have been keeping a close eye out for a dirty red bike :wink:

Had some great SCR action last night. Got 31.6mph out of the old legs on the stretch between Chelsea and Albert Bridge in pursuit of another roadie. There was more in the tank, and was catching him, but not fast enough to pass and drop him before (a) running out of road, and (b) running of energy. His operating systems weren't exactly Highway Code/RL compliant, but he was mighty quick off the mark and I had to, er, try without trying to haul him back in. This lasted from DSC to Richmond, hence why I ate so much last night.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Word. I have been keeping a close eye out for a dirty red bike :wink:
    Oi. It's a red and white bike, which, admittedly, is habitually very dirty :lol:
    There was a time when it was the 'good bike' and never went outside until the summer and only if there had been a weeks dry weather. Now it's the 'commuter bike' and doesn't get much TLC.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    What ho chaps - top hole outfits - credit to SCR - no commute this week as I'm on hols - climbing in Snowdonia tomorrow 8)

Maybe I should follow your example and go for the tweeds and hobnailed boots a la Mallory :wink:
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    What ho chaps - top hole outfits - credit to SCR - no commute this week as I'm on hols - climbing in Snowdonia tomorrow 8)

Maybe I should follow your example and go for the tweeds and hobnailed boots a la Mallory :wink:

Ever since I saw a chap dressed in a tweed suit larking around on Scafell PIke with his grandchildren and an umbrella for a walking pole, I have been dying to start fellwalking in a lovely 19th Century dress or something equally inappropriate.

We have much to learn from the way people used to live - life has got far too technical!
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I did see the rlj'ing fixed bike this morning after taking him a few times last night only to be left at the lights waiting like a good before before sprinting to beat him again before he got away...

he takes the long wat round grenwich so when he did me at the lights this morning he must have had to have a little think how he did me at the lights a few miles on without me passing him... ghost scalp? :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    The Tweed Run folks are officially famous!

Although I'm not sure if its any of the SCR team in the picture.

Good show chaps and chapesses, looks like great fun :D
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    linsen wrote:

Ever since I saw a chap dressed in a tweed suit larking around on Scafell PIke with his grandchildren and an umbrella for a walking pole, I have been dying to start fellwalking in a lovely 19th Century dress or something equally inappropriate.

We have much to learn from the way people used to live - life has got far too technical!

Interestingly when they did a recreation of the Mallory gear on Everest they found it to be lighter but just as warm as modern kit
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Working back up in town tomorrow so I can go head hunting again :-)
    My only dilemma is do I change my route in so I miss the fast hill and go along more scalp-rich routes??

I SMELL BLOOD :twisted: :twisted:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    That was hard work tonight. Headwinds and no one around to chase to make time pass. (There was a member of the fairer sex in a taxi going through Parsons Green who was extremely easy on the eye and, try as I might, I couldn't keep up with the taxi. :) )
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Does overtaking a motorbike that was also filtering count as a scalp?
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.