Silly commuting racing

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm sure if you lay the illness on thick enough BF will do the decent thing and look after you and forgo his night out with the lads etc
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • DDD welcome back - I take it you got the wheels for xmas??

And the photos are lovely - we are all very lucky to live in such pretty surroundings. I am just posting them because I have no cycling reports to make...

:cry:

EDIT: nearly 500 pages... no Greg T in sight...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was beginning to wonder if the old commuting forum is in it's death throws :cry:

Trolls & Cake everywhere :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • It's OK ITB, I just don't think a lot of people are commuting right now!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    I was beginning to wonder if the old commuting forum is in it's death throws :cry:

Trolls & Cake everywhere :cry:

Don't worry - something close to normal service should resume next week. I'm reverting to the MTB while this cold patch continues. I tell you what though, it does make you appreciate a road bike on the weekend. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Must
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Must
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Must
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Beat
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    GregT
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    To
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    the
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Five
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Hundredth
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Page
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    Scalp!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Now, now Attica. That smacks of trying. No scalp and deduct 5 from your FCN :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • attica
    Not at all old chap, I haven't even broken a sweat.

Then again it's been so fupping cold lately I can't remember the last time I did.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    edited January 2009
    Well done, does this mean you're putting yourself forward for this years SCR awards??? :wink:

On that note I think it's only right that we set the categories in advance for 2009, clearly SCR overall award is still the same eg. GC best all rounder - current holder Greg T.

1. Overall winner = Yellow jersey (maillot jaune)

2. MassHOOF ring = Green jersey (maillot vert)

3. KoM = Polka dot jersey (maillot à pois rouges)

4. Best noob = White jersey (maillot blanc)

5. Most ruthless = Combativity award (prix de combativité)

6. Most unfortunate = Last place (Lanterne rouge)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    We should also have 'Lanterne rouge' award for most unfortunate SCR player of the year.

I think that although I was a worthy contender for this in 2008, Jen's got it pegged already for 2009... a broken shoulder (specifics as of yet unclear) 3 days in wins...

EDIT: Congratulations Attica! Great win there. :D
  • Happy New Year fellow SCR'rs!

ITB: Don't fret...imagine the board will be a lot busier from tomorrow....

Jen: Sorry to hear of your accident....wishing you a very swift recovery.

Couple of short rides over Xmas but nothing of note to report. How bloody baltic is it out there at the moment...not looking forward to my 6am alarm call tomorrow morning.

On gear note, can't wait for my Wiggle order of DHB tights and base layer to arrive.

Happy commuting people and no racing of course! :D
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Hello commuters. I've been silently playing the game for most of the last year, tomorrow is my first commute of 2009.

I'm only about 4 miles from work so its not much distance at all. My FCN is 9, MTB (Orange P7) on big nobbly tyres. Might be ordering a new bike through Cycle to Work in the next couple of weeks, which should make commuting easier but scoring points more difficult...
  • attica
    itboffin wrote:
    We should also have 'Lanterne rouge' award for most unfortunate SCR player of the year.

I think that although I was a worthy contender for this in 2008, Jen's got it pegged already for 2009... a broken shoulder (specifics as of yet unclear) 3 days in wins...

EDIT: Congratulations Attica! Great win there. :D

Thanks LiTs

OK, so as a near witness I'll give you the facts as far as I know:-
    Having covered over 60 fantastic, beautiful miles, not to mention a rather extended lunch stop, we arrived back in Southampton and were within 1/4 of a mile of Linsen's' home.
    We crossed a cross roads and some pillock with a border collie watched three of us cross, then sent his dog across the road straight in front of Jen.
    I don't think any of us apart from Jen actually saw the incident and Jen so far can't remember it. It's unclear whether Jen actually hit the dog or just dropped it trying to avoid the dog.
    Jen was still clipped in when we got back to her and obviously in a lot of pain.
    Dogman apologised profusely until it was suggested he might like to exchange details at which point he scarpered, leaving while Jen was still in a heap in the road, none of us gave chase as he was one of those wiry druggy, dog on a string types (sadly he hadn't actually graduated as far as the string, otherwise this wouldn't have happened), more trouble than he's worth. Git. I think we were all more concerned about getting Jen out of the road.

Linsen sped off and got her car and Biondino and I trundled Jen's bike (new bar tape needed and that's about all) back.

We were in A & E until about midnight I think and by the time we got home there was a very evident bruise on Jen's upper arm. It's a fractured humourous, not a collarbone.

Speedy recovery Jen, the net result is that you'll be faster at the Double Ironman, just a year later that's all. Hope your Boyf is looking after you well.

Atts (Now apparently Granddad)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • attica
    edited January 2009
    B u g g e r

Double post
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sorry to hear about the accident Jen - I have come to heartily dislike dog owners who don't control their animals when bikes are about - nealy ran down a terrier the other day - owner was most upset - I'm back on the bike having managed to ride further than the front gate without losing my balance - back on the commute tomorrow - still waiting for my tubes from Wiggle :)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    May I put in an early nomination for Attica (Granddad :wink: ) for KoM

I can now reveal he managed the tour de IOW on his SS - and beat us all up the hills. And down again.

:?
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • attica
    itboffin wrote:
    Well done, does this mean you're putting yourself forward for this years SCR awards??? :wink:

On that note I think it's only right that we set the categories in advance for 2009, clearly SCR overall award is still the same eg. GC best all rounder - current holder Greg T.

1. Overall winner = Yellow jersey (maillot jaune)

2. MassHOOF ring = Green jersey (maillot vert)

3. KoM = Polka dot jersey (maillot à pois rouges)

4. Best noob = White jersey (maillot blanc)

5. Most ruthless = Combativity award (prix de combativité)

6. Most unfortunate = Last place (Lanterne rouge)

7. Most Troll-like = (Peter Jackson Award)

8. Most prolific poster = (JK Rowling special prize)

Can I nominate Linsen for the Barbara Cartland award for reaching 1000 posts in such a short time.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:
    May I put in an early nomination for Attica (Granddad :wink: ) for KoM

I can now reveal he managed the tour de IOW on his SS - and beat us all up the hills. And down again.

:?

Attica you beast, SS now that's just showing off, I'm going to add a new cat. the TART award, which is 50/50 you a jash ATM.

SS IOW, get in...! that man, 100 MTFU points :D

PS. Do not bring a SS to the March Marlborough event, i've tried it twice :oops: it hurts and it's slow, very slow.
  • itboffin
    In the interests of science I will be trying the Marlborough loop tomorrow, in the SNOW...!!!

We have snow YAY!
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    1st commute of 2009 - 1st snowy commute - 1st scalp :D:D

get in therem, start as I meant to go on :)
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes