Silly commuting racing

Comments

• cjcp wrote:
    Was there ever a prize formally awarded to The Biggest SCR Tart of 2008?

1. Greg66 (a penchant for orangey shades, Cervelos, and spotted on Embankment decked out head to toe in Assos)

Are there any other kit makers? I've not heard of them. 8)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

1. Greg66 (a penchant for orangey shades, Cervelos, and spotted on Embankment decked out head to toe in Assos)

Can we give this man a rnner up prize? Anyone? An Apple Turnover or something? :P

There was a chap in the Park on Monday sporting what appeared to be the same Assos kit and I actualy did a double take to see if it was you! It wasn't. Obviously. He was riding a Sigma.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    However, I did manage to make 38 pies this afternoon - no more leftover turkey/goose/beef from xmas now!

Mmmmmm. Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I love pie, have I ever mentioned that before?

Another lovely day, I'm off to Richy park again in a mo.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hey Greg66 whilst I was browsing my LBS yesterday I noticed this http://www.cervelo.com/wolfslrecall/default.aspx

Isn't that the same forks you have?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Diddly this morning, although I did seem to annoy a lovely car driver. We're both heading towards a red and I've taken primary in the middle lane approaching the lights as I want to head straight over the junction and the LH lane is for turning left (on a filter). Got a short, sharp toot to remind me she was there. Lights where still red when we got there so if wasn't like I was holding her up!

In other news it was so bl00dy quiet at work yesterday I actually found myself re-positioning my cleats! Seems I had them set just forward of the ball of my foot.
    Also gave the cleats a good clean, oddly it was my right foot - the one that stays clipped in - that had the most cr4p in it!

Still i'm down to the penultimate commute of 08 now and can't wait! Of course afer that I'll have to wait until next year to ride again :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    In other news it was so bl00dy quiet at work yesterday I actually found myself re-positioning my cleats! Seems I had them set just forward of the ball of my foot.
    Also gave the cleats a good clean, oddly it was my right foot - the one that stays clipped in - that had the most cr4p in it!

Cars pass on the right?
  • jimmypippa wrote:

Cars pass on the right?

:lol: This was walked in stuff, so it's not like I intentionally walk with my right foot on a grass verge and my left on the pavement, then again maybe the constant clip in/out and putting the left foot down knocks all the rubbish out. Still as I'm getting the hang of trackstands now it will be interesting to see if the left one gets as much stuff lodged in it! In all fairness I was actually impressed I could undo them, being cheap SPD shoes with only a small bit of grease on the cleat screws when I put them in I was expecting them to be a pig to get off!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    Just got in from another 26 miler and christ it was hard today, cold cold cold and I didn't have nearly energy in my legs. I need to MTFU big time over the next few months.
  • cjcp
    In my belated contribution to the Tart-O-Meter, my carbon-soled black and yellow Nike Poggios arrived today. :D 8) An absolute bargain price too. They make it look as if I know what I'm doing on a bike. :lol:

Jash - doesn't look as nice a day to ride today as the last few days. Was chuffing cold this morning, so imagine the Park was that degree colder what with that little micro-climate it seems to have.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    cjcp wrote:
    In my belated contribution to the Tart-O-Meter, my carbon-soled black and yellow Nike Poggios arrived today. :D 8) An absolute bargain price too. They make it look as if I know what I'm doing on a bike. :lol:

Jash - doesn't look as nice a day to ride today as the last few days. Was chuffing cold this morning, so imagine the Park was that degree colder what with that little micro-climate it seems to have.

Bling bling! What is it with the park climate. It was blinking freezing in parts, only a few determined riders out. I suffered badly on the way home, just devoured a protein shake, dairy milk, mini calzone and a latte - feeling human again now.

Off to the omega shop this arvo as my chuffing seamaster has given up the ghost, not impressed at all these things are supposed to be bulletproof and shouldn't really break after 18 months use, grrr. :roll:
  • Neither of you two have the build of a man who likes pies. I'll post you some.

Maybe it's the cycling.

I am SO bored of this plaster cast right now. At least it's cloudy today.
    cjcp wrote:
    Can we give this man a runner up prize? Anyone? An Apple Turnover or something?

:lol:

Maybe one of my pies. I have plenty.
  • il_principe
    Neither of you two have the build of a man who likes pies. I'll post you some.

Maybe it's the cycling.

I am SO bored of this plaster cast right now. At least it's cloudy today.

If i didn't cycle I'd be obese I reckon; total pig. Such bad luck wit the injury - hope things are healing well. At least it's happened now while it's cold and dark out. HTFU LiT.
  • Off to the omega shop this arvo as my chuffing seamaster has given up the ghost, not impressed at all these things are supposed to be bulletproof and shouldn't really break after 18 months use, grrr. :roll:

Mine has had one new clip which is already giving up the ghost. My brother's IWC keeps shedding one of the knobs. Rubbish.

And from my country ridin' experience, areas which are shady/treed often stay colder... if that explains it...
  • il_principe
    Off to the omega shop this arvo as my chuffing seamaster has given up the ghost, not impressed at all these things are supposed to be bulletproof and shouldn't really break after 18 months use, grrr. :roll:

Mine has had one new clip which is already giving up the ghost. My brother's IWC keeps shedding one of the knobs. Rubbish.
    It's not good is it. Supposed to be quality bits of kit, I've been so careful with mine. Gonna have a moan at the shop.

Bumped into my Dad's mate Hamish Munroe in the pub over xmas, mentioned the Grace Spitfire and he knew all about your activities and has met your bro. Said your Mum is an amazing lady. Hamish has built himself one of those kit planes - complete nutter.
  • It's not good is it. Supposed to be quality bits of kit, I've been so careful with mine. Gonna have a moan at the shop.

Bumped into my Dad's mate Hamish Munroe in the pub over xmas, mentioned the Grace Spitfire and he knew all about your activities and has met your bro. Said your Mum is an amazing lady. Hamish has built himself one of those kit planes - complete nutter.

I haven't been careful with mine at all to be fair, and the actual watch bit is still OK, it's just the strap. But still, I agree that they shouldn't fail at all.

Ahhhh kit planes are great. My brother is building one for his girlfriend at the minute, rated for aerobatics by the PFA and everything. I shall tell Richard to say hi if he sees that fellow again! Small world...
  • Well I've been back at my desk now for 30 minutes (still on my lunch break) and I really can't wait for the next 2 hours to pass! The canteen today was serving a rather appetizing looking beef and red onion wellington, which basically amounted to about an inch thick slice of meat :shock: That along with the sides of potato chunks and carrots, cream of broccoli soup with a roll and rice custard desert has left me feeling rather full!

Glad to here some people have managed to get out for a ride (albeit a cold one!) I also felt a bit low energy this morning, which I just put down to cold weather and 10 days off the bike!

Anyhow good luck with the injury LiT, I ended up with 3 months off for a ripped open knuckle 2 years ago and that sucked, so I can start to understand how frustrating it is being unable to ride :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hey Greg66 whilst I was browsing my LBS yesterday I noticed this http://www.cervelo.com/wolfslrecall/default.aspx

Isn't that the same forks you have?

I had one of those on bike 2. I didn't care for what offered as the replacements, so I treated myself to the Edge Aero. That's quite tarty, I'm pretty sure :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    Yep, i'd be about a stone heavier too. I used to run home from Raynes Park or Wimbledon station twice a week when I was <loud cough> "training" for the marathon a couple of years ago. That, together with a run on the weekend, kept the weight sort of in check. But the constant riding keeps the weight off much more. I'm a stone lighter now.

Pies please. Lots of pies. :D

Hankered after a Zenith for a year or so. Then realised that I'd best not get one because I have a nasty habit of scratching watch faces. Don't presently wear a watch since the battery on my significantly less tarty Festina ran out a few months ago.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."

• If i didn't cycle I'd be obese I reckon; total pig. Such bad luck wit the injury - hope things are healing well. At least it's happened now while it's cold and dark out. HTFU LiT.

I wish I could report that 4 weeks of minicabs, car, trains and a bit of granny gear riding, + Xmas + the booze/food-athon that is skiing = maintaining my svelte and sexy lines.

Not so much.

Will have to do some proper weekend rides in the new year. Which would be sensible for L2P, I suppose. :?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:

Bling bling! What is it with the park climate. It was blinking freezing in parts, only a few determined riders out. I suffered badly on the way home, just devoured a protein shake, dairy milk, mini calzone and a latte - feeling human again now.

Did 6 laps of RP today and it was a bit chilly. Started about 12ish so must have just missed you Jash. First hour was ok but the mist was coming back in the second half. Still, the wonderment that is the Castelli Expresso jacket did the trick :)
    That was my first biking since 21st with only eating and drinking to excess in the meantime. I wasn't my normal self up the hills :oops:
    Will probably nip into the park again tomorrow...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    JonGinge wrote:
    That was my first biking since 21st with only eating and drinking to excess in the meantime. I wasn't my normal self up the hills :oops:

Jon, you must weigh, ooo, what, all of 10st now after all that eating. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Oi. cheek. I'm a whopping 10.5 stones I'll have you know. :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Went to the "shops" today, Was eventful.

Misty
    Sleety
    Foggy
    Chavvy
    Damm Coldy
    and Woman in 4x4 with no light'eys (It was dark and FOGGY)

Millage for 2008 is now officially 1103

Gonna have a rest tomorrow and more shops on Friday lol

Anyone else thing there was a MAJOR lack of bikes on th road today lol

Happy new year everyone.

Gaz
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • I fear it will be a long time before I am SCRing, I've had the flu since before Xmas :cry: , am better than I was but still in the breathless/exhausted stage and dunno when I will be able to get back on my bike. Woe is me.

I hope your leg is healing LiT. It's true that at least it's the right time of year (although there have been a few clear sunny days that have driven me crazy).
  • cjcp
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

:lol: Have a good meal, will you! (Says he jealous of his mountain goat-esque-ness)

Happy new year, all.

Gaz - what's the mileage target for next year?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

:lol: Have a good meal, will you! (Says he jealous of his mountain goat-esque-ness)

Happy new year, all.

Gaz - what's the mileage target for next year?

Accounting for Holidays, Sickness and Breakdowns I would be happy with 2500 :shock: Scary to think this time 12 months ago I couldn't even walk to the kitchen

I am also entering the 2009 Manchester to Blackpool Ride, My original target was was 2010 but with 7 months to go IM READY :D

EDIT: I have updated my blog and added a new (old) pic for all those intrested.

http://gazzasblogs.blogspot.com/2008/12 ... makes.html
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Finished work christmas eve and not back in til Friday but the last few days, today especially, i've been glad to be off the bike. Went to Chester today with my niece to feed the squirrels and it was ARCTIC. I got numb fingers and toes to a level that i only ever get on my bike. The squirrels were grateful though (even if they should have been hibernating).
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I braved the white out yesterday morning and did a new route only 28 miles but more that enough with the hills and loss of feeling in my toes, I did spend a fair amount of time looking around at the whiteness, I even got in a couple of pics.

https://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/wor ... ?id=590958
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    ITB - Fantastic pics, to say I'm jealous would be an understatement! I'd need to ride about 8 miles before I find roads like that where I live :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5