Silly commuting racing

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Someone in my office has never heard of, let alone seen, Cannonball Run.

I feel old, shocked and appalled all at once.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Nor have I.

And you're younger than me.
  • cjcp
    :shock:

Did you waste your youth? :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Wrath Rob - btw, that wasn't me yesterday morning at Vauxhall. I was a bit late leaving and had only just left Richmond Park at the time. Mine's a two tone green, 30-40 litre rucksack.

CJ - a typo in your post mate - that should read 'two tonne, 30-40 litre rucksack'

Seriously, he said he had 'work' in it - he's either a bricklayer or makes things out of lead.

Also, to go back a page or two, my brain is now singing 'Sprocket Man' to me.... 'I'm a sprocket man.... sprocket maaaaaaaaaaan, burning out my fuse up here alone...'

And I've had a lovely day in Paris, cycling around town scalping froggies on my velib... mind you, I don't think they were playing - not renowned for their warmongering ways....

:lol:
  • cjcp
    That's not to say you're not still yo;ung or youthful.

Erm, cr*ap, hide!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm 26, what the hell is cannonball run?

Is that the film with all them old school cars and they race from one side of America to another?

Don't they call that the Gumball Rally?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cjcp
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Is that the film with all them old school cars and they race from one side of America to another?

I give up.

DDD - please buy it from Amazon at once. When you watch it, you will appreciate that it is one of the finest films of all time. Along with Flash Gordon.

:)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    cjcp wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I give up.

DDD - please buy it from Amazon at once. When you watch it, you will appreciate that it is one of the finest films of all time. Along with Flash Gordon.

:)

FLASH aaaaaahhhhhh ooohhhhhh saviour of the universe!

Was about the only thing good about that film. What was with the snails that they tortured Ming's slutty daughter with or when he started playing American Football in Mings court and Dale started cheering. I've never KNOWN such cheese!

Now Little Shops of Horrors or Bugsy Malone, now those are great movies some of the finest ever.

And I still maintain that nothing was sadder than when Optimus Prime died in Transformers the (now animated) movie.

I'm curious now, how old are you CJCP and Corri, in fact how old is everyone?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's it - get out of here Sprog. You need to get yourself heducated.

Good God Jaysus H Christ you just can't get away with this kind of stuff here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cannonball_Run

Don't come back until you've watched it.

tell me you've seen "Zulu"

Edited to add.

The best thing about Flash Gordon is Brian Blessed as Voltan, with wings, smacking bad guys around the head with a feck off great big mace.

Hawkmen DIIIVVVVEEEE!

see revenge thread
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Well I'm 25 and whilst I haven't seen Cannonball Run **ducks** I might like to add "yet" to that as I'll obviously have to go watch it.

Little Shop of Horrors wasn't bad, Bugsy Malone is still a good movie and yes Optimus dying in the animated movie was very sad, but partly made up for by uber cool planet transformer.

As for movies from our youth I have to confess me and my (younger) brother where practically world perfect on Hudson Hawk :-P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Hello. sorry I've been MIA...oh right you hadn't noticed...fine them...I'm off to the Fixed Gear thread!

flounces out theatrically
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

As for movies from our youth I have to confess me and my (younger) brother where practically world perfect on Hudson Hawk :-P

But apparently not word perfect in terms of spelling...

Sorry but I couldn't resist. :oops:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Edited to add.

The best thing about Flash Gordon is Brian Blessed as Voltan, with wings, smacking bad guys around the head with a feck off great big mace.

Hawkmen DIIIVVVVEEEE!

see revenge thread

Speaking of Brian Blessed has anyone seen that new eeleb reality show with him as a dog trainer? I got this really funny image in my head of him yelling "SIT!" at the dog and it just kinda cowering in the corner with it's paws over it's ears!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I've really enjoyed watching BB ham it up in the BBC3 series The Wrong Door recently.

Playing a train pirate. Twisted.

Incidentally he once saw ghostly nuns in the Orchestra pit at the Grand Opera House in York, mid performance, it quite shook him up.
    Possibly "real" ghosts as there used to be a tunnel under the site of the theatre from the nearby plague hospital to the river Ouse, nuns would take the dead to the river for disposal.

Now then, what forum was this?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's it - get out of here Sprog. You need to get yourself heducated.

Good God Jaysus H Christ you just can't get away with this kind of stuff here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cannonball_Run

Don't come back until you've watched it.

tell me you've seen "Zulu"

Edited to add.

Hawkmen DIIIVVVVEEEE!

see revenge thread

Actually now having seen the link, I have infact seen that film, either this year or last year. It was humerous, think it had Jackie Chan in it (fighting bikers).
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited October 2008
    cjcp wrote:
    When you watch it, you will appreciate that it is one of the finest films of all time. Along with Flash Gordon.
    Greg T wrote:

Hawkmen DIIIVVVVEEEE!

Woaaaaahh! My eardrums are bleeding badly! :x

Why?

Because the f'ing GAYDAR ALERT has just done beserk!

Do you two dress in Flash's costume and sing along to the Queen songs when you sit down to watch it?
    "I'm more like Freddie!"

"No, I am"

Beep beep beep beep beep - GAYDAR ALERT - etc...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Greg66 wrote:

Now hang on there just a second.

The UK national defence Gaydar has been on Defcon two since you turned up for beer in

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

and this really is the best bit

RED LENSES.

have I mentioned the fact that you shave your legs.

Haaaaaorrrrrrrooggggaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

And you call me on Brain Blessed Braining people with a mace, wearing a amssive beard? Jaysus H Christ have you no shame?

• Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

The UK national defence Gaydar has been on Defcon two since you turned up for beer in

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

And you call me on Brain Blessed Braining people with a mace, wearing a amssive beard? Jaysus H Christ have you no shame?

If you can comeback to this I will hold you in very high regard indeed.
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • Littigator
    Hang on hang on you two, before this gets out of hand I just need to make the point that....

YOU ARE BOTH SOOOOO GAY!!!

NEE NAH NEE NAH NEE NAH quick here's comes the gay police to arrest them!

• Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

Ahem.

I think your eyes deceived you young man.

The socks were black.

The shoes were blue.

And the lenses were a strong shade of orange.

But your forgot the red gloves and red arm warmers.

Otherwise, I think there was a little more information in that post than was necessary.

BTW, it's a blue week this week, in case you were wondering, which I know you were.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

Ahem.

I think your eyes deceived you young man.

The socks were black.

The shoes were blue.

But your forgot the red gloves and red arm warmers.

Otherwise, I think there was a little more information in that post than was necessary.

BTW, it's a blue week this week, in case you were wondering, which I know you were.

I think you've fallen for Greg T's trap there... he didn't notice all the colours thus being 'manly'

a strong shade of orange FFS :lol:

GT you can thank me later make sure you've got the big ring ready
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

Perhaps Swerver66 is a more appropriate username
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

you turned up for beer in

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

Ooooo Greg fight, GREG FIGHT!

Honestly, he probably wanted to look like the Flash, some kind of superhero. Your dissing on the man's superhero clothes!

But seriously that ensemble of rouge is beyond all levels of gay! Its so unbelievably gay, I don't actually believe it looks gay or gay people would find it attractive (not knowing what gay people find attractive I'm just speculating).

The only conclusion I can come to is that Greg66 was probably going for the 'I look so impossibly gay, I'm not actually gay' look.

What I also reckon led to this 'ensemble of rouge' is that Greg66 woke up one morning and thought "how gay can I look". And subsequently broke all records of gayness.

Red glasses with red lenses. Why in this life or the next would you wear red lenses, what purpose does looking at the world in a hue of red hold? I struggle with having yellow or blue tinted lenses. Red, RED!?

Damn that's gay!
    Food Chain number = 4

• cjcp
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

you turned up for beer in

Red Shoes
    Red Socks
    Red Shorts
    Red Jersey
    Red Lid

wait for it

Red Glasses - with

RED LENSES.

Ooooo Greg fight, GREG FIGHT!

Honestly, he probably wanted to look like the Flash, some kind of superhero. Your dissing on the man's superhero clothes!

But seriously that ensemble of rouge is beyond all levels of gay! Its so unbelievably gay, I don't actually believe it looks gay or gay people would find it attractive (not knowing what gay people find attractive I'm just speculating).

The only conclusion I can come to is that Greg66 was probably going for the 'I look so impossibly gay, I'm not actually gay' look.

What I also reckon led to this 'ensemble of rouge' is that Greg66 woke up one morning and thought "how gay can I look". And subsequently broke all records of gayness.

Red glasses with red lenses. Why in this life or the next would you wear red lenses, what purpose does looking at the world in a hue of red hold? I struggle with having yellow or blue tinted lenses. Red, RED!?

Damn that's gay!

The message that seems to be coming out here is that Greg66 is a contender for the leader of the next Gay Pride.

DDD - I'm 34.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Greg66 wrote:

Bwhahahahahahahah!

Really Greg, fess up.
    You are the Chief Tart of the Order of the Blancmange, Glace Cherry chapter. (Morpeth branch)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

Red glasses with red lenses.

THEY ARE A STRONG SHADE OF ORANGE FFS! :evil:

It's true though that wearing that rig completely out-gays any hint of gayness. It's so uber that it's unter.

And besides, it only looks red when I'm approaching. It looks blue when I'm moving away. :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Littigator
    cjcp wrote:
    The message that seems to be coming out here is that Greg66 is a contender for the leader of the next Gay Pride.

DDD - I'm 34.

And he's also Saggitarius, likes long walks in the country and snuggling up by the fire on cold winter afternoons :wink:

• cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Red glasses with red lenses.

THEY ARE A STRONG SHADE OF ORANGE FFS! :evil:

It's true though that wearing that rig completely out-gays any hint of gayness. It's so uber that it's unter.

And besides, it only looks red when I'm approaching. It looks blue when I'm moving away. :wink:

Was that a sub-conscious choice of pink font? :wink:

Whatever next? A pink Cervelo?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

DDD - I'm 34.

And he's also Saggitarius, likes long walks in the country and snuggling up by the fire on cold winter afternoons :wink:

I see Chicken Legs is back then. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    cjcp wrote:
    Whatever next? A pink Cervelo?

Curvelo.

Geddit