Silly commuting racing

Comments

• even if I do try and pull off slowly - something that is nigh on impossible for any self respecting game playa!

Especially GregT (from what Litts tells me).
  • even if I do try and pull off slowly - something that is nigh on impossible for any self respecting game playa!

Oh god I've just re-read that quote.......that sounds so wrong :-P

Looks like drinks are gonna be fun tomorrow evening if these 2 continue this little b1tch fight! We might aswell just all stick to cokes/shandys and spend the evening racing up and down Millbank to work off the tension!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    even if I do try and pull off slowly - something that is nigh on impossible for any self respecting game playa!

WHAT!!?? No one pulls me off thanyouverymuch!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Unlucky.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    playa!

Are we now getting "Down with the Kids"

Hey Cats - bikes are groovy!

Now CP - I do use my legs to regulate my speed - when I want to go faster (or less slowly depending on your charitable mind state) I spin "faster". When I want to go more slowly I stop "trying" (even more than when "I'm not trying"). If I need to go urgently more slowly or "stop" I use the brakes. Like what they is designed for.

I also use a house to live in rather than a Tree.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Littigator
    Greg T wrote:
    I also use a house to live in rather than a Tree.

Stop gettin' all intellectualist on us!

• This is starting to remind me of the part in LOTR:Two Towers that always makes my wife laugh, when Gimli declares "Nobody tosses a dwarf" during the battle at Helms Deep :-P

Not that I'm for one moment suggesting that anyone on here is a dwarf, but there is one person with a ginger beard.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    If you mean me, I now only have a moustache :)
  • Sticking with the film reference I'd suggest our bearded member is more of an "Elf" (Will Ferrell movie) given that he is not exactly vertically challenged.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    biondino wrote:

Loving your sounds man

VillagePeopleBiker.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    biondino wrote:

No!!!!!
  • Littigator
    I've already told you no one pulls me off...there is no WAY I'm tossing any dwarfs either especially if they've got ginger beards...or moustaches for that matter!

• biondino wrote:

Damn, looks like I'll have to cancel my plan's for a "Does Biondino look like Gimli" poll......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Don't believe the propoganda...that's his sister really :wink:

• Littigator wrote:

On the right yeah?
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Littigator wrote:

On the right yeah?

Snork.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    biondino wrote:

Are you going to let that get nice and thick or will you keep it short?

Greg I feel you're missing the point of a fixie a bit, but it's your opinion even if it is wrong.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    I prefer it nice and thick - it's certainly wider than most and getting longer all the time. Really, though, she gets more pleasure out of it than I do - I find it a bit of a nuisance sometimes (gets in the way etc.) but she seems to want it to keep growing.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    biondino wrote:
    I prefer it nice and thick - it's certainly wider than most and getting longer all the time. Really, though, she gets more pleasure out of it than I do - I find it a bit of a nuisance sometimes (gets in the way etc.) but she seems to want it to keep growing

heh, I thought GragT had taken Swiss Tonys mantle, you teaming up with him now for high fiving action?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino wrote:
    I prefer it nice and thick - it's certainly wider than most and getting longer all the time. Really, though, she gets more pleasure out of it than I do - I find it a bit of a nuisance sometimes (gets in the way etc.) but she seems to want it to keep growing.

:lol: If it get's to long, a few quick tugs should make it behave :-P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    biondino wrote:

:lol: If it get's to long, a few quick tugs should make it behave :-P

Stop flirting and get a room :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • On a serious note you lot - I'm taking the Prince in for a Service this evening so will be heading along the Embankment, Putney, RP and Kingston to Hampton Wick. I have no desire to arrive at Sigma sweating and heaving so I'll be taking it easy - so if you spot me then please take this as advanced warning - I'M NOT PLAYING! Please don't taunt me or attempt to lure me into competition, I'm weak willed as it is!

I thank you...

If you do pass me then it doesn't count, sorry! :wink:
  • On a serious note you lot - I'm taking the Prince in for a Service this evening so will be heading along the Embankment, Putney, RP and Kingston to Hampton Wick. I have no desire to arrive at Sigma sweating and heaving so I'll be taking it easy - so if you spot me then please take this as advanced warning - I'M NOT PLAYING! Please don't taunt me or attempt to lure me into competition, I'm weak willed as it is!

I thank you...

Spoil sport, besides you only really have to watch your back on the Embankment and possibly on the run into RP! That gives you at least a mile or so to cool off......

Lets just hope the service is a bit quicker then my last one!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    On a serious note you lot - I'm taking the Prince in for a Service this evening so will be heading along the Embankment, Putney, RP and Kingston to Hampton Wick. I have no desire to arrive at Sigma sweating and heaving so I'll be taking it easy - so if you spot me then please take this as advanced warning - I'M NOT PLAYING! Please don't taunt me or attempt to lure me into competition, I'm weak willed as it is!

I thank you...

Approximately what time along the Embankment? (he asks nonchalantly)

• Looking out of my office window (7th floor near Temple tube, London town), the ride home is looking sweet....sun is streaming through.

Ye gods wait for their bi-daily entertainment.

<Thick Scottish Brogue>

'Jashburnham - you will go on my first whistle.'

'Gamers - you will go on my second whistle.'

'Jashburnham ready? Gamers Ready? Three, Two, One.....Gooooooooooo! :D
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Arghhh! Well hopefully a tad after the commuter rush, bike has to be there by 8. Oh and BassJ - picking it up on Sat morning. Sigma are a great BS (not exactly local to me) but bought the bike from them and they're a nice bunch so I use 'em despite the relative hassle - ie getting a train back this evening.
  • Arghhh! Well hopefully a tad after the commuter rush, bike has to be there by 8. Oh and BassJ - picking it up on Sat morning. Sigma are a great BS (not exactly local to me) but bought the bike from them and they're a nice bunch so I use 'em despite the relative hassle - ie getting a train back this evening.

I'd expect a collect and return service if I'd got a bike like that from a LBS :-)

SiH, what time you heading off? If your heading towards Streatham through Brixton our path's might cross :-) I'm off in 5 and should be over Vauxhall Bridge by about 17:45!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Arghhh! Well hopefully a tad after the commuter rush, bike has to be there by 8. Oh and BassJ - picking it up on Sat morning. Sigma are a great BS (not exactly local to me) but bought the bike from them and they're a nice bunch so I use 'em despite the relative hassle - ie getting a train back this evening.

Would you care to plot your exact route and estimated departure time, so that we can we sure NOT to accidentally bump into you, cough! cough!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Arghhh! Well hopefully a tad after the commuter rush, bike has to be there by 8. Oh and BassJ - picking it up on Sat morning. Sigma are a great BS (not exactly local to me) but bought the bike from them and they're a nice bunch so I use 'em despite the relative hassle - ie getting a train back this evening.

Would you care to plot your exact route and estimated departure time, so that we can we sure NOT to accidentally bump into you, cough! cough!

Of course. I shall be departing Willesden at 18:15 and heading to Kingston via the city, Biggin hill and Epsom. :wink: