XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Damm that area heh. It was annoying me enough doing all the Gorrick races there. I did my uni placement year in Reading so not to far away, think I need to move to Bracknell
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Breezer - it was an ex gf that got me into biking! She has a rather nice Trek Fuel EX that i still borrow on occasion :) More than one argument resulted from my lack of navigation skills though :lol: All the girls i've seen since then think i'm crazy!!

[sexist] Never 'hooked up' with a girl on the trails, but anyone who was on our Swinley ride a few Sundays ago can vouch for the absolute STUNNER we saw near the end. I'd go back every day for the chance of another glimpse ;):lol:

Oh and the womens' running club was worth a second glance too! [/sexist]
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    deadpool2e wrote:
    lots of female cycles and runners at Swinley Forest, why do you think we like going there....

That certainly is one feature I did enjoy about Sunday's ride there. There was something wholly wrong (or right?) watching a small running club of young ladies warming up in nothing but tshirts and tight leggings.... its was a cold and wet day.

You certainly dont get that at Bedge, and even less at BBH - although BBH does offer some dogging action which we've encountered on more than one occasion.

Swinley certainly does offer a higher class of weekend athlete :wink: - I think there is a lot of snobbery there though.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • breezer
    wtf, woman got you into biking, you expect us to believe that??!!! :o

I watched a DH race at Porc in kent before and just down the road on the drive home, 3 fine examples of the female kind came round the corner on their muddy mountain bikes. To this day I don't know how I managed to NOT drive into them so I could offer CPR etc lol

lol at running club, think I may go up there v.soon!
  • pittpony
    breezer wrote:
    wtf, woman got you into biking, you expect us to believe that??!!! :o

I watched a DH race at Porc in kent before and just down the road on the drive home, 3 fine examples of the female kind came round the corner on their muddy mountain bikes. To this day I don't know how I managed to NOT drive into them so I could offer CPR etc lol

lol at running club, think I may go up there v.soon!
    Its true! She brought home her £1600 Trek and i was like the woman - "why the hell did you spend that much, what about the mortgage" etc :lol: She gave me her old bike and a month or 2 later i got the XTC Comp, he he!

There's a high class of lady around the Swinley area 8) That said - one of the horsey girls i saw at Bedgebury once wasn't at all bad and had a lovely smile!!

Can't help but think we're going off-topic again here :lol:
  • breezer
    hmm still not convinced heh, sounds like a perfect dream. Are you sure she was real? lol

DO NOT go anywhere near a "horsey girl". I got burnt by one big time. The horse always comes first. She would be there with the damm thing for 2 hours before work in the morning then till 9pm each night after work every single day plus most of the weekend which was just excellent........

In hindsight, also the fact I work with her and its a small company was the most stupid thing ive ever done!! :(

Infact she has been annoying me today as well so ive just spent some money at CRC to cheer myself up. I had gone almost 2 months without buying anything for my bikes which must be a new record :lol:
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    I can vouch for the "never go near a horsey bird" angle. Not only do they spend all their time with the damn thing, and of course it comes first all the time. But have you seen a horses dong recently... Pretty hard to compete with that...

Back on topic, is Blean fairly well marked out, going to head there tomorrow morning, with or without Pitt Pony...

Swinley just sounds better and better.
  • Bmjboy
    breezer wrote:
    Infact she has been annoying me today as well so ive just spent some money at CRC to cheer myself up. I had gone almost 2 months without buying anything for my bikes which must be a new record :lol:

Ha Ha! - I thought it was only me who bought bike stuff when things arnt going too well!
    It seems I only go bike accessory shopping when Im in a mood!

I guess us blokes are more like women than we know, its just we buy biking bling and parts, they buy shoes and handbags.

Gotta agree on the horsey women - I dont know one that isnt a bit odd! Theyre great to look at though.

Im off to cut down trees and punch bears and other such manly stuff! :lol:

• pittpony
    Perfect dream? I haven't even told you about when she bought a PS3, 40 inch LCD and complete surround sound for the front room :lol: I was crazy to let that one go!!

Have done the whole dating girls at work thing - hard not to when you work with about 4000 people! Despite the size of the site its amazing how often you bump into them...

CRC is the ultimate guys version of retail therapy 8)
  • pittpony
    Legless wrote:
    I can vouch for the "never go near a horsey bird" angle. Not only do they spend all their time with the damn thing, and of course it comes first all the time. But have you seen a horses dong recently... Pretty hard to compete with that...

Back on topic, is Blean fairly well marked out, going to head there tomorrow morning, with or without Pitt Pony...

Swinley just sounds better and better.
    What time are you thinking of? Wouldn't want to make it TOO early but i might be able to get out for an hour or two. Blean isn't marked at all apart from the black and red routes which are good fun but there's much better singletrack to be found
  • breezer
    lol, why did you let her go!

I will be off building some more local tracks on Saturday I think, may even use my wellies and walk as its only about 2 minutes away by foot heh then ride on Sunday
  • Legless
    Whatever time suits fella, I am easy. 9am or 10am... or later if you want a lie in.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Man im still dribbling at the thought of that blonde at swinley, tight top and tight hot pants - she was a stunner.
  • breezer wrote:
    DO NOT go anywhere near a "horsey girl". I got burnt by one big time. The horse always comes first. She would be there with the damm thing for 2 hours before work in the morning then till 9pm each night after work every single day plus most of the weekend which was just excellent........

:

Sounds quite good actually....wont get moaned at for being a bike widow... 8) All that free time to fettle and ride your bike w/o the hassel...
  • Legless wrote:
    Whatever time suits fella, I am easy. 9am or 10am... or later if you want a lie in.

I'll be up for jaunt in Blean/Thornden....
  • Bmjboy
    lost-time wrote:
    Sounds quite good actually....wont get moaned at for being a bike widow... 8) All that free time to fettle and ride your bike w/o the hassel...

I can only dream of such a lifestyle......... :roll:

I need to win the lottery then I'll have loadsa free time (she can continue working of course!)

• pittpony
    OK should be good for tomorrow morning, say 10am? Where do you guys want to meet?
  • Legless
    Lost-time cool someone else is keen, So Nick, 9am or 10am... I quite fancy Blean as I haven't been there and wanted to take the missus round on Saturday. So stealing some routes from you guys was my cunning plan all along...
  • 10:00 at the carpark sounds fine to me. (dunno if I'll drive or ride up yet.)
  • breezer
    HMM I was going to go rambling and build local trails Saturday but I want to check out Blean. Where exactly is this car park you mention and how long do you think you will ride for as I havent been doing much recently, forecast is a bit damp by looks of it.

On that note, I must get some waterproof shorts or 3/4 length trousers as I find full length ones a bit restrictive/hot on xc rides but better than being soaked I guess. A wet rear is quite uncomfortable after a while!
  • breezer wrote:
    HMM I was going to go rambling and build local trails Saturday but I want to check out Blean. Where exactly is this car park you mention and how long do you think you will ride for as I havent been doing much recently, forecast is a bit damp by looks of it.

On that note, I must get some waterproof shorts or 3/4 length trousers as I find full length ones a bit restrictive/hot on xc rides but better than being soaked I guess. A wet rear is quite uncomfortable after a while!

http://www.kent-trails.co.uk/Topics/Pdf ... Common.pdf

The carpark is at the end of a stoney track.

Not sure how long to ride for....up to everyone else really....couple of hours should be ok if the weather is bad....
  • breezer
    Park by the duck on the map? :D

Couple/few hours is fine, must remember to do up my front axle though, thought it was the headset that was loose but its not...heh
  • breezer
    Its ok I can see the car park in Google Maps :), see you at 10am on saturday! I will be the tall stupid looking one in a silver Citroen. I met some of you before at Bedgebury on one ride but so long ago I forget :( Ade(?) Impished I believe and i think it was you Lost time, on the Inbred? That was before I got mine so must have been quite a while ago!
  • Tomorrow is FRIDAY innit?

I thought we were talking about riding friday morning....... :?: :?: :?:
  • breezer
    oh sh1t, sorry, as I work 5 days a week I thought you meant saturday lol. Friday does make more sense as Legless was on about going there saturday after being shown around sigh

Just ignore me, I will get up there one weekend :oops:
  • breezer wrote:
    oh sh1t, sorry, as I work 5 days a week I thought you meant saturday lol. Friday does make more sense as Legless was on about going there saturday after being shown around sigh

Just ignore me, I will get up there one weekend :oops:

No worries!

Yes I was on the Inbred at that 1st ride at Bedgebury. Got a Meta 552 that sees more action...infact the Inbred is done up for the commute now...skinny semi-slick tyres, flatish bars and bar-ends.

Kent-trails usually ride up at Blean on a Saturday. About a two hour ride from 14:00. Although to be honest we often start there but don't necessarily stay up there as you can easily go to Thornden via Clowes or even head south by Denge and Larkey Valley Woods.
  • Legless
    Tomorrow at 10 at the car park sounds good to me... Green Rav 4 (gay i know...)

Rou
  • Legless wrote:
    Tomorrow at 10 at the car park sounds good to me... Green Rav 4 (gay i know...)

Rou

No more gayer than my car......
    NewBeetle001-1.jpg

Either that or a 2008 Commencal Meta 552 with shiny red Hope 4s
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    impished wrote:
    Stevet1992 - That's the trouble with having a life outside of biking. From now on ignore all your friends & family. Scrap xmas / easter / bamitsva / diwali / birthdays, etc and spend all you money & time on biking. Oh, BTW, don't tell my missus I said that :oops:

haha i think if i diidnt have to buy the list of so many things for 6th form i may just be riding a commencal full sus at the moment :evil:

ooo well will just have to wait what CRC have in their january sales (if they even have them :shock: )
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders