XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Andyturner28
    Sorry I could not make the ride on wednesday but I had already ridden during the day, amd my kit was doing the rounds in the wash. I am up for one next week though

Longjon
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    What a miserable day! Didn't manage to get out there today did anyone else brave it?

Off to somewhere in Surrey tomorrow with a friend to ride around their local trail, apparently meant to be quite good.

Where were you thinking for Monday Nick?
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    I walked (?!) to the local woods which all of 5 minutes away (1 min on the bike) armed with just a rake and spent 3 hours in the rain building a new trail until I was too wet, blistered and hungry and came home. Can't wait to ride it tomorrow 8)
  • Maybe we should do the same in Blean now that the trees have finnished crapping all over the trails. Mind you with all the rain we'v been getting lately i don't suppose it'll make much difference! What is he forristry commision's view on just raking a new trail? And surely it will just grow back again in the spring?

It was utterly crap out today! Been out on the road all over Kent and it did't stop peeing it down once, whoever rode today deserves a meddal!

There is hope for Monday :D Feel much better today and managed to ride home from work at normal pace, with just 5 minuits of trying to cough up a lung when i got in. Can you overdose on Lemsip's? :wink:
  • breezer
    No idea on the FC but as they let people walk where ever and im simply moving twigs etc around I see no issue. I know they don't like jumps and north shore etc which is fair enough. Nice and dry where I was building earlier, must drain well :)
  • You guy's thought my saddle was high before?1136811984_618efb5217_o.jpgNow THAT is high :wink:
  • breezer
    That is a bit high!

Went and did a bit more building today then rode my dh runs with a friend. Put in one bit thats really twisty with some evil roots and rocks. First time through I nailed it perfectly. Second time rear wheel slid out on a root and I nearly binned it. Third time I was paying so much attention to trying to get the line right through the roots, I didnt see the small tree stump...........inaugural crash for my trails heh, went down hard on my left thigh and arm and am now in quite a bit of pain just sitting but fortunately I have about 16 bottles of beer in the fridge which should help
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Where did that pic come from Andy? I'd need a stepladder to get on that thing.

Breezer - i like the idea of doing some trail building. I know Kent Trails have built / cleared some singletrak in the local woods. Must be satisfying to ride a trail you've created yourself!

So we have a few possibles for tomorrow? I wouldn't mind riding BBH or Bedgebury (!). Any idea what the weather is meant to be like? My waterproof trousers haven't arrived yet...
  • It's more the height of the saddle relative to the bars that cought my eye!

Think i might have to give tomorrow a miss, as i feel like crap again today :cry: What time are you thinking of riding? If i feel better in the morning i will definately try to make it, but i wouldn't get your hopes up. This cold is playing with me, i felt fine last night :evil:
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I like the idea of enhancing a few of the trails in Blean :twisted: Maybe get rid of 1 of the little stumps that ALWAYS catch us out :roll: Next time we're there in daylight we'll have to have a look and work out what we could improve/create.
  • pittpony
    I might play it by ear for tomorrows ride then. Perhaps i'll check out Blean if it isn't raining too hard. Rou are you riding anyway? Andy let me know if you're feeling better but best not to overdo it

Russ - good day in Canterbury yesterday?? I was in town but didn't see you
  • Legless
    Hi Guys,

Been away from the net for a day or so... Was in Surry today at Leith Hill, was pretty good, sandy so not too muddy, was at least 1 percent cleaner at the end of the ride than i was on Friday!
    I would be up for tomorrow about 10, or earlier... Got shit loads to be getting on with and riding isn't really in my schedule...Blean would be cool as it is nearby, plus it would be good to go round having done it once before so i will know what is coming...

You keen Nick?
  • pittpony
    I'm going to be a complete wuss and wait to see what the weather is like tomorrow :oops: I've had enough of being cold and wet these last couple of weeks! I'll let you know if i'm heading up to Blean but its likely to be a little later than 10 if i do go.
  • Legless
    OK no worries, send me a text if you do go, looks like rain all day tomorrow so i might wait and go for a sneaky one on tuesday or wednesday...
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :shock: do you guys not have work/wifes/college that need attention :shock:

my ramblings are that of a jealous person :lol: lucky buggers always out for rides

anyways cheers for the advice about the decathlon think i will chance it :P always nice to have a back up if one goes bust :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • impished wrote:
    I like the idea of enhancing a few of the trails in Blean :twisted: Maybe get rid of 1 of the little stumps that ALWAYS catch us out :roll: Next time we're there in daylight we'll have to have a look and work out what we could improve/create.
    Think we'd need a bit more than a rake to get rid of that stump :) I'd like to use dynamite on that one anyway, i am sure that is what bent my mech hanger!

Nick- I'll let you know on here when i get up.
  • Sorry Nick, gonna have to give it a miss today, still feel a bit crappy :roll: Shame, the weather don't look too bad today. I should be good for a ride on Wednesday though.

Who's riding on Sunday?
  • pittpony
    No probs Andy, i've only just got up myself. Glad i've got today off!!

I might have a wander up to Blean later but will more likely waste the day watching DVDs and wandering round town :oops:

Steve - had a lot of holiday to take before Christmas hence lots of time to do very little 8)
  • breezer
    So lazy! :lol:

Im at work despite being in pain from crashing yesterday and I have to work all of xmas except for the national holiday days. Pretty much everyone else I know always gets 2 weeks or so off :(
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    We'll be at Swinley this Sunday (7th) - 4 of us, but dont know times yet - be good to see a few more forum chaps....
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    edited December 2008
    Andy Andy Andy, you obviously did not study the picture well enough :roll:

The White onone has no spacers under the stem and has a low rise stem and handle bars which make the post look taller. Also this one is only running 85mm rebas which steepens the head angle and seat tube angle pushing the saddle up even higher.
    1136811984_618efb5217_o.jpg
    pbpic2626886.jpg
    This fine beast has lots of spacers and has high ride bars, which makes the post look shorter when actually if you compare the two yours is actually higher :lol::lol::lol::wink: Also as you are running 140mm forks this slackens out the head angle and seat tube angle making yours a more relaxed look.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    I might play it by ear for tomorrows ride then. Perhaps i'll check out Blean if it isn't raining too hard. Rou are you riding anyway? Andy let me know if you're feeling better but best not to overdo it

Russ - good day in Canterbury yesterday?? I was in town but didn't see you

Yeah it was a nice day cheers nick, did keep an eye out for you. It was a bit wet and miserable but we had a pub lunch and good wonder around the shops, did think blean would have been much fun on saturday. :lol:
  • RussAlf
    Legless wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Been away from the net for a day or so... Was in Surry today at Leith Hill, was pretty good, sandy so not too muddy, was at least 1 percent cleaner at the end of the ride than i was on Friday!
    I would be up for tomorrow about 10, or earlier... Got shoot loads to be getting on with and riding isn't really in my schedule...Blean would be cool as it is nearby, plus it would be good to go round having done it once before so i will know what is coming...

You keen Nick?

Hey Rou, thats where i normally ride I know lots of good trails and "skecthy" sections around there, feel free to come along when ever you can.
  • RussAlf
    breezer wrote:
    So lazy! :lol:

Im at work despite being in pain from crashing yesterday and I have to work all of xmas except for the national holiday days. Pretty much everyone else I know always gets 2 weeks or so off :(

I have to work national holidays, yup chirstmas day :cry:
  • RussAlf
    stevet1992 wrote:
    :shock: do you guys not have work/wifes/college that need attention :shock:

my ramblings are that of a jealous person :lol: lucky buggers always out for rides

anyways cheers for the advice about the decathlon think i will chance it :P always nice to have a back up if one goes bust :lol:

Work? was is this you speak of? Today i have mainly looked at Houses, surfed various MTB Forums, watched the whole of Survivors on BBC Iplayer and ate.

at work...
  • pittpony
    You buying a place then Russ? I know a lovely 2 bed place in the centre of Canterbury that'll be on sale next year ;)

Let me guess, so far you've looked around Peaslake and put in an offer on Leith Hill Tower?
  • RussAlf
    Im afraid you missed lots, this is my latest gps log i have, i dont ride much with my gps anymore so i dont have any more up to date maps but we have found much more.

Swinley190808-vi.jpg

Yours to compare

pbpic2727898.jpg

We will have to arrange a ride together sometime, unfortunately im working this weekend :(
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    You buying a place then Russ? I know a lovely 2 bed place in the centre of Canterbury that'll be on sale next year ;)

Let me guess, so far you've looked around Peaslake and put in an offer on Leith Hill Tower?

No ive decided not to buy just yet, im in a situation at the moment where im not quiet sure where i want to live or what the future holds, im actually looking at moving peaslake way in a year or so! Ive still got my deposit so im going to hang back for a while and rent a 3 bed house with soem mates, should be a giggle for a while.

You should come live up hear nick, we could rent together and have a mtb house, bit of a commute to sandwich from here though.
  • HHHHmmmmmm how many times can you post in a hour?? (or just less)

though we was coming up to page 200 (not far now)

Sorry Andy but i did nearly p iss myself about what Russ said... :wink:

I need to ride.. but none of you lot live near me, may do my loop one day this week if i can bear the though of cleaning all the mud off.

While you lot "work" Ha, my work is getting bad and mad, almost as bad as Britney Spears on X Factor :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    HHHHmmmmmm how many times can you post in a hour?? (or just less)

though we was coming up to page 200 (not far now)

Sorry Andy but i did nearly p iss myself about what Russ said... :wink:

I need to ride.. but none of you lot live near me, may do my loop one day this week if i can bear the though of cleaning all the mud off.

While you lot "work" Ha, my work is getting bad and mad, almost as bad as Britney Spears on X Factor :D

Well i did get the 100 page post which you were all throughly jeaslous of.

Just about to order all of my christmas presents online with the request they be posted through the Bromley depot near to crystal palace

Sorry Andy aswell but i couldnt resist.