XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

thorpey82
thorpey82 Posts: 22
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
Hey Guys (and girls)

Am after any riding buddies in the kent area. Just bought a new Hardtail and am keen to give it a good burn out but all my mates are more interested in hitting the pubs rather then hitting the mud so if anyone is interested let me know!
:D Cheers Thorpey

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Where you looking?
    What pace? race/sensible :wink:
  • Well im just getting into the scene- Fitness not too bad as a regular to the gym and i learn quick- Went to Cwmcarn in Wales a few weeks ago and managed the uphill climb ok and took the easier of runs coming down but did that fine! I wont be showing you up if thats wot ur worried about :lol:
    Thorpey
  • This post ill actaully try and answer ur questions! ha Not into racing just yet- Give it a couple more weeks aye! And as for where-Anywhere in kent really- Im from Medway but got a bike rack!
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Hmmm, next Year maybe :D

I'm a newb but overweight and unfit :oops: . I've just started a 2 day/week commute over Detling hill so mebbe next Year I'll be up for a ride :D

cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • impished
    Panter, don't forget we're not all uber-fit racy types... :oops: some of us are only-get-out-occasionaly-slightly-overweight-not-that-fit types too.. Either way we ALL love riding bikes.. :P

If you ever meet me on a ride, I'll probably be the one holding you back, cos I'm not very competative, just like fun of biking :wink: 8)
  • Panter
    Well, if you ever fancy a pootle round, give us a shout 8) or a pm anyway. I assume you can pm on here?

I'm off to wales tomorrow though to tie up with a bloke from another forum who claims to be overweight and unfit. Although, when I was chatting to him on the phone, he did mumble something about "riding for a few Years" and "ex racer" so I imaging I'll be wheezing round in his wake 'till exhaustion takes over :lol:

Cheers

• Hell who said anything about racing! I get fed up with people walking quicker than im riding :roll: Ha. We should catch up some time guys. Have a good one in Wales Chris - Heading to Bedgebury tommorrow(sat) if anyone fancies coming along there more than welcome
    Thorpey
    :twisted:
  • Panter
    Cheers Buddy, have a great one in Bedgebury :)

I've still only done the family trail there with the family, and a couple of short sections of the singletrack. I really must give it a proper go one day.

cheers

• impished
    Lots'a people dis Bedgebury :evil: , but I fink you have to take in to account that it is in (flat!) Kent :? .....

I (nearly) always have fun @ Bedgebury... so cog on Thorpey :wink: You'll have fun

BTW, some of the waymarkers are a bit hidden, so keep an eye out :wink:
    Look out for the upwards bit by Louisa Lake.... It's UP not beside:!: :!: :lol:
  • genus
    genus Posts: 43
    Hey Thorpey. There are peeps who regularly ride the North and South Downs on MTBUK if that's not too far for you. Scope at the linky below!

:wink:
  • HeyGuys
    Bedgebury was ok actaully-better than i expected-Although my mates bike pedal hit a tree stump sending him over the bars much to my amusement!! :lol:
    Also ended up going round almost twice as got lost!! Twats. :oops:
    Anyway if anyone up for doing anything this weekend let me know

Oh and Genus
    Thanks for that mate-ill be sure to check it out wen i got a free min.
  • genus
    genus Posts: 43
    Hey cool, Tim K and Badgers for the North and South respectively I think, failing that there are a multitude over there who ride Swinley all the time.

:D
  • impished
    Thorpey, they've been doing a bit of tree felling, so some of the way markers are skewif(sp?) :roll:
    According to the Boars On Bikes webbie, Bedgebury is now under the wing of a proper trail builder, and they've started improving the trails... :P

Hopefully be something new by next weekend 8) (when I hope my foot is better and I can finally get back out on the bike :twisted: )
  • Hey lads
    Aiming to pop down to Bedgebury in a couple of weekend time -15/16. Any one fancy it :twisted:
  • impished
    Sound good Thorpey 8)
    Foot should be better, but even if it's not 2 weeks off the bike is doing my head in!!! :? I'm spending far too long with the xbox, wife & kids :roll: :wink:

Panter? IanSWMB? UKCraigB? Anyone else? Let's flood Bedgebury with the sound of Forum chatter.... :wink:

What kinda time you thinking of Thorpey? Early 8:30ish :shock: , or later?

p.s. what d'ya ride Thorpey?
  • Panter
    Thats a great idea BUT I need to get a lot fitter and lighter first. I'm the wrong side of 17st and 30 and TBH I'd just spoil the ride for you peeps.

Give me 6 months and I'll be there :D

Cheers

• impished
    Honestly Panter, I've been off the bike for 2 weeks resting a dodgy foot... :roll:
    Anyway, I hate riding alone... Couldn't care less if we had to stop after every section.
    Just better talking to humans rather than trees and squirrels.. :wink: besides which, you'll get fitter quicker if you have other people egging you on. :twisted:

As for wrong side of 30.... have you seen the thread about average age? Have a look here and see most riders are 30ish...

That's the beauty of a 4um ride... you get to select groups that ARE/ARE NOT racey/competative types. I just wanna ride my bike and when I fall off, have someone to laugh their ass off at me instead of laying there thinking; "what did I do that for" :roll: :wink:
  • Panter
    Ok bud, you've talked me into it :D

I can do early if that suits everyone else?

Cheers

• lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Ah gutted :cry: . I'm on 12 hour night shifts that weekend. Would have loved to come along. Hopefully next time.
  • Awesome lads its a date. The more the merrier thats wot i say :D
    Plus itll be easier on you guys when u gota carry me round the last half of the course :evil:

And in answer to ur question Impished-Its a CB Cape Wrath Hardtail. -A dirty one at that.

My num is 07940496466 -No prank fone calls you fu**kers.

8 is a little early- I dont get up that early for work- Thinking more like 10 but the majority rules.

4p
    :P
  • Id be up for it as well if thats ok. Just to confirm what day we are talking about so I can confirm with She who must be obeyed. Early is better so I dont get to miss the kids.

Let me know if im invited :shock: .

Cheers :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    I'm sure I speak for all here when I say EVERYONE is invited.... :P the more the merrier, as 4p said ^^^^^^

I think we're talking about weekend 15th/16th @ Bedgebury (that right, 4p). Any time's good for me 4p.

Personally, I'm gonna take a little wonder down to Blean this Saturday to see if my foot really is better :roll: Again anyone fancy meeting up let me know...
  • wheres blean??? or the route there?

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    Near Canterbury. Have a look at Google Maps and you can see 3 seperate woods combining to form The Blean.

I've just started finding some fun/fast singletrack there... 8) And have read on here before about people going there for years and still finding new parts...

At Rough Common there is a sign for RSPA Bird Sanctuary. That's where I park.(FREE :P )
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Is the 15/16th a deffo chaps?
  • 16th for me is ok, like i said the early the better.

• impished
    I'm good for 16th... anytime... the missus would prefer early :roll: , but I'm sure I can talk here round :wink:

Why, u gonna be off after all Ian?
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Doh! im heading over there on the 22nd :(
  • Panter
    16th is good for me :) would prefer the 15th but it doesn't really matter.

Early would also be good, but again I can get round it if it suits everyone else.

I'd love to get to Blean but I think I'd better leave it if I'm out next weekend. Another time though 8)

Cheers

• impished
    Amos, 22nd probably good for me too. :P (pending wife-permission :roll: :wink: )

Post a reminder on here next week and we'll see if we can drum up some interest for 22nd too. 8)