XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Who's still in for Swinley this Sunday?
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Me +1

Any chance of a half 9 start? My mate has quite a long way to travel...

Andy - still up for it?
  • Bmjboy
    We've gotta meet a friend's work-mate early doors (8ish), I can check with them, or we could just find each other when there?

There will be 4 of us.

• pittpony
    Bmjboy wrote:
    We've gotta meet a friend's work-mate early doors (8ish), I can check with them, or we could just find each other when there?

That might have to be what we do. Unfortunately my mate can't get there before half 9. We'll PM numbers nearer the time and sort out meeting up!

The weather forecast is looking better. Any more takers?
  • pittpony
    Oh yes - Andy / Ade / anyone else still up for a night ride tomorrow? Usual time / place?
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I'm up for the C2C. As others, I need some notice to sort work / kids / 'Da Wife'

Can't do Sunday as I'm gonna be living up to my Impished monica :wink: , while trying to catch a glimpse of Louise Redknapp through her bathroom window :twisted: (I'm going to Poole)

Can't do tomorrow Nick. I've been taking the kids swimming on Thursdays for about 2 years now, and I still managed to forget all about it :roll: Oh, and 'Da Wife' wants me to help with the packing :evil:

Have fun without me fellas. Hope to meet you next time Bmjboy.
  • pittpony wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Me +1

Any chance of a half 9 start? My mate has quite a long way to travel...

Andy - still up for it?
    Yep still up for it, even if Sunday heralds the dawn of a new ice age :wink: Supposed to be bloody cold i hear!

Looks like it's just the two of us again tomorrow Nick, unless you want to join us Legless?
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    I'd love to do a bit of night riding, but sadly no lights at the moment... I also have to go and test a load of kitesurfing gear tomorrow for the day job.

Where are you out tomorrow evening? If i win the lottery between now and then i will be there with bells on...
  • pittpony
    Legless wrote:
    I'd love to do a bit of night riding, but sadly no lights at the moment... I also have to go and test a load of kitesurfing gear tomorrow for the day job.

Where are you out tomorrow evening? If i win the lottery between now and then i will be there with bells on...
    We'll be riding Blean Woods around Rough Common.

Andy - might have to stick to the wider tracks tonight, I haven't charged my lights and can't get away from work early so am going to be running on low power!

Still good for 6.45 in the car park?
  • pittpony wrote:
    Legless wrote:

We'll be riding Blean Woods around Rough Common.

Andy - might have to stick to the wider tracks tonight, I haven't charged my lights and can't get away from work early so am going to be running on low power!

Still good for 6.45 in the car park?
    No worries Nick, it's still so muddy over there i don't think the singletrack would be that much fun at the moment. I have been sticking to the black route, had some really good rides though and think my fitness level is at least back to before i went on holiday. Been using the SIS drinks powder though! 6:45 is good for me. Oh and if i remember to get some batteries from work you can borrow my Fenix if you want.
  • pittpony
    Thanks Andy but its the main lamp that i haven't charged - my head torches are fine (or as good as they ever were ;) )

See you later
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Are their signed routes up at Blean or are the "black route" etc names you have given your loops? I must get up there one weekend when you are riding
  • WHat do you think of my new bike Russ??
    pbpic2713396.jpg

Ok its a crap photoshop job to see what it would look like with my kit.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Not fair. There's you using Photoshop to play with bikes and here's me using Photoshop to remove lamp-posts & scooters from site photos :roll:

You'd need a whole new wardrobe for that lime green Mark :twisted:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :shock: just a warning dont know if its got any better since sunday but even some of the wider tracks at blean had puddles stretching the whole path which easily engulfed the rim and tyre

was a bad time to find out my dust caps had been stolen :evil: why would you want plain dusk caps :roll:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • stevet1992 wrote:
    :shock: just a warning dont know if its got any better since sunday but even some of the wider tracks at blean had puddles stretching the whole path which easily engulfed the rim and tyre

was a bad time to find out my dust caps had been stolen :evil: why would you want plain dusk caps :roll:
    It's still muddy, but knowhere neer as bad as when i rode on Tuesday.

Breeza- Don't tell anyone, but the black trail is one of three walking only trails, the black being the longest, although only 7.5 miles. It's got some fairly steep hills and fast swoopy bits which make it good fun. I still get lost trying to find all the singletrack round there so i mainly do that and the red route. If you are over here on a Saturday Kent-Trails do a 3-4 hour ride over there starting at 2pm.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    ok cheers and I won't tell anyone heh. It does annoy me when you get footpaths only in some places, especially when walkers quite often chew them up more than bikes in the winter and don't start me on horses and bridleways! I am always really courteaus (er spelling!!!!!!) to walkers regardless where im riding though. I do get a bit annoyed when I find them on say bits of the bedgebury course like the other day but at least they got out of my way and I ride on footpaths sometimes so...... what I won't tolerate is walkers on the bedgebury course with untrained dogs that try and eat my feet for dinner!

hmm 3-4hrs starting at 2, but its dark at 4 these days :(
  • breezer wrote:
    ok cheers and I won't tell anyone heh. It does annoy me when you get footpaths only in some places, especially when walkers quite often chew them up more than bikes in the winter and don't start me on horses and bridleways! I am always really courteaus (er spelling!!!!!!) to walkers regardless where im riding though. I do get a bit annoyed when I find them on say bits of the bedgebury course like the other day but at least they got out of my way and I ride on footpaths sometimes so...... what I won't tolerate is walkers on the bedgebury course with untrained dogs that try and eat my feet for dinner!

hmm 3-4hrs starting at 2, but its dark at 4 these days :(
    Thats a good point actually, i think they might start earlyer during the winter so that they are done before it gets dark. I haven't looked at the e mail this week but if you are interested have a look at the kent-trails site.

Good ride last night Nick, it's so nice to be a bit fitter again! And those Skins tights really work, i hammered it home as fast as i could and my legs don't ache at all, they usually kill after every ride!
  • Bmjboy
    breezer wrote:
    I do get a bit annoyed when I find them on say bits of the bedgebury course like the other day but at least they got out of my way and I ride on footpaths sometimes so...... what I won't tolerate is walkers on the bedgebury course with untrained dogs that try and eat my feet for dinner!

What does grab my goat is the fact that Bedge is supposed to be cycle friendly blah blah blah, but it still makes me laugh how MANY walkers treat you with disgust and surprise when you are on the Family route to and from the Red route.

Does the huge cycle hire shop, route sign posts and hundreds of cars with cycle racks not give anyone a clue???

They should get back to the cafe for their Brie and Walnut Baguettes and keep out of my way! :twisted:

{End of Rant}

• Bmjboy wrote:
    breezer wrote:
    I do get a bit annoyed when I find them on say bits of the bedgebury course like the other day but at least they got out of my way and I ride on footpaths sometimes so...... what I won't tolerate is walkers on the bedgebury course with untrained dogs that try and eat my feet for dinner!

What does grab my goat is the fact that Bedge is supposed to be cycle friendly blah blah blah, but it still makes me laugh how MANY walkers treat you with disgust and surprise when you are on the Family route to and from the Red route.

Does the huge cycle hire shop, route sign posts and hundreds of cars with cycle racks not give anyone a clue???

They should get back to the cafe for their Brie and Walnut Baguettes and keep out of my way! :twisted:

{End of Rant}
    Your Bedg ranting is getting almost as good as Russ's :wink: You two should have a Bedg rant off :lol:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Legless wrote:
    Hi Guys, and Gals if there are any, although reading through the last few pages i haven't spotted any.

I know a few of you, or at least one through kiting. Just getting back into my biking again as winter is here and it is too cold to get wet. live in Canterbury so know a few good rides round here, but recently been venturing further afield.

Off to Swanage this weekend and Wareham Forest. But would like to hook up on a ride soon.

Just thought i should check in and say hello first.

Cheers

Rou Chater

Hey Rou, how are you doing? Its Russ, ive meet you a few times around and with lance a few times. I should be heading out kiting this week but the thougth of cold NE along the north coast isnt to appealing! I actually find riding more enjoyable during the NE/NW winds but i suppose you dont have that option when testing kit for the mag.

No Gals unfortunatley
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    WHat do you think of my new bike Russ??
    pbpic2713396.jpg

Ok its a crap photoshop job to see what it would look like with my kit.

Do ittt as ive said so many timessss :)
  • Anyone selling, or know of anyone selling a black 4-bolt 44t Bash Ring? (for the big ring)

Just brought myself a cracking deal on a RaceFace Ride crankset with BB and figure now would be a good time to protect it before I break it.

Can only find 5-bolt ones argh!!
  • RussAlf
    Ill keep the idea about C2C alive then guys, id like to do another "endurance" ride but id also like to fit in France for some fun.

Surrey was bone dry yesterday :D

Fitted my Towbar nick

DSC00097-vi.jpg
    DSC00098-vi.jpg
    DSC00103-vi.jpg

Much happier.
  • RussAlf
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Anyone selling, or know of anyone selling a black 4-bolt 44t Bash Ring? (for the big ring)

Just brought myself a cracking deal on a RaceFace Ride crankset with BB and figure now would be a good time to protect it before I break it.

44t? :lol: ermmm you normally remove the big ring to fit a bash ring. You will have hardly and bb clearence with such a large bash ring.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Anyone selling, or know of anyone selling a black 4-bolt 44t Bash Ring? (for the big ring)

44t? :lol: ermmm you normally remove the big ring to fit a bash ring. You will have hardly and bb clearence with such a large bash ring.

I know, but unfortunately for me I use my big ring alot, and thus don't want to lose it.
    Untill today I didn't know bash rings for the outer rings existed, untill I found this:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3953
    It's for my I-drive, which has a shit load of clearance already, so with a correct size bash ring, im only gonna loose about 2mm
  • RussAlf
    You can never have enough clearence, try swapping your middle ring for a 36 or 38t and then get a bash ring to fit. Your bike must be seeing tarmac to much to need the big ring. :lol:
  • Really sorry guys going to have to bow out for tomorrow as i have some people coming to view the car.

Sorry Nick :( was looking forward to it as well.

But hopefuly i will sell my car and be in a better situation for a few months.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Hi Russ,

Yeah i too have decided to get back on my bike for the winter, used to ride loads a few years back till i broke my foot. So been trying to build up the fitness. Been out three times a week for the last month so getting there.

Just spent the day riding around Dorset with the missus, she rides too, just got herself a tasty Felt Q920, lucky girl... Off to Wareham forest tomorrow which should be good.

Will be around next weekend for a ride, and as soon as i kit myself out with some lights i will be up for Thursdays.

Does anyone ride during the weekdays in daylight hours? I am lucky enough to be able to skive off when i want so if anyone does i would be up for it.

Right now i have the same buzz for biking i had when i started kiting all those years ago, loving it and just can't wait to get back on it once i am off it!!

Have fun tomorrow guys where ever you ride...
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Really sorry guys going to have to bow out for tomorrow as i have some people coming to view the car.

Sorry Nick :( was looking forward to it as well.

But hopefuly i will sell my car and be in a better situation for a few months.

Slacker. :roll: Im going to be tucked away in my warm cosy controll room all day, hopefully it will snow really hard and then i can stay at home all day.

Fingers crossed they buy the MTB mobile, then you can buy a meta in its replacement.

Im thinking about buying one of These Mark as an early crimbo present for myself.