XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Cheers Russ - Will have a scout around see if any are still available methinks!!!! :lol:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • Bmjboy
    Cheers Russ - Looks fine for the job!

Rung and reserved at Sittingbourne Halfords! - Guy on the phone was very helpful! and the price is/was right.

Sounded perplexed that I knew it was in the stockroom though!! :lol::lol:

(Just to advise, that was the only one they had)

so...

Dirtworker for sale! : £89.99!! :lol::lol:

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    That's a good bit of kit for £50 Russ! Very professional demo video too. Have you ever worked for JML?? We could get Ade to have a go at the voiceover for your ad?
  • Bmjboy
    pittpony wrote:
    That's a good bit of kit for £50 Russ! Very professional demo video too. Have you ever worked for JML?? We could get Ade to have a go at the voiceover for your ad?

BANG! - and the dirt is worked!

I dont have time to do any photoshoppery, no doubt it will emerge soon!

• pittpony
    Bmjboy wrote:

I dont have time to do any photoshoppery, no doubt it will emerge soon!
    Don't worry - I'd imagine the magic is happening as we type ;)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Glad you liked it Ben, not sure if you have got to try it out yet but it really is just right for the job. It holds plenty of water to throughly clean a really dirtty bike or just ebnough to clean 2 dirty bikes.

Nick my hero i cant wait to see the results you cheeky sod.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Oh photoshop isn't my forte - i'll leave it to those less busy and more talented than myself ;)
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    Glad you liked it Ben, not sure if you have got to try it out yet but it really is just right for the job. It holds plenty of water to throughly clean a really dirtty bike or just ebnough to clean 2 dirty bikes.

Picking up this afternoon so will give it a whirl later today no doubt.

Just hope some over zealous other XC in Kent member doesnt pop down there pretending to be me to pip me to it!! :lol:

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Well Ade lives near sittingbourne but he doesnt believe in cleaning bikes, his drivechain is normally so think in crap you cant see the chain.

Nick, you dissapoint me, are you going to be able to get to swinley for 9am?
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Well Ade lives near sittingbourne but he doesnt believe in cleaning bikes, his drivechain is normally so think in crap you cant see the chain.

Lol no danger of Ade ever cleaning his bike so i think you're safe!!

Yeah we'll be at Swinley for 9. If i leave a little before 7 we should be there in plenty of time. Just putting together a road trip soundtrack in my head but with no iPod input i think you're stuck with my CDs Andy. How does 4 hours of Trance sound to you?? ;)
  • pittpony wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Lol no danger of Ade ever cleaning his bike so i think you're safe!!

Yeah we'll be at Swinley for 9. If i leave a little before 7 we should be there in plenty of time. Just putting together a road trip soundtrack in my head but with no iPod input i think you're stuck with my CDs Andy. How does 4 hours of Trance sound to you?? ;)

Thought you wanted Eskey Boy :wink:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Just been down Halfords picking up the last Dirtworker :shock: Strange really, the fella seemed to think my name was Ben. Didn't wanna disapoint him so I played along. :twisted:

I can feel a bit of a photoshop frenzie building for when I get home :wink:
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    How does 4 hours of Trance sound to you?? ;)
    I've found just the thing to fire you up on the way to Swinley, here
    You'll both have sore throats (from singing :shock: ) and aching sides (from swaying side-to-side) to these banging toons :wink:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    I've found just the thing to fire you up on the way to Swinley, here
    You'll both have sore throats (from singing :shock: ) and aching sides (from swaying side-to-side) to these banging toons :wink:

Lol :lol:

Has there ever been a better pop video than Wired for Sound? Waterskiing, aviator glasses, roller skates, leather jacket, leotards, mullet and a walkman. Classic!

Mark - Eskey Boy is a bit of chillout for when i need a break from the trance. Bet you can't wait Andy! :lol:
  • Bmjboy
    impished wrote:
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Just been down Halfords picking up the last Dirtworker :shock: Strange really, the fella seemed to think my name was Ben. Didn't wanna disapoint him so I played along. :twisted:

I can feel a bit of a photoshop frenzie building for when I get home :wink:

:lol::lol:

Just been down to Halfords and some scrote's taken my dirtworker! The guy behind the counter said the man who bought it has a really dirty bike, a crystal ball and lots of scars? :lol:

I walked out with a sponge, a watering can and a permanent marker, gonna write "Hard Worker" on the side of it now............ :(

• Ben do you fancy Swinley on Sunday?

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Bang and its gone.

pbpic2690378.jpg

:wink:

• Bmjboy
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Ben do you fancy Swinley on Sunday?

Cant do Sunday Im afraid, got a busy weekend lined up (work mainly!) but doing an early flyer to shake out the cobwebs on Sat AM around BBH - very early! :(

Got my Dirtworker - what a compact and well thought out little machine! - not tried it yet, but looks the business. Think its quite heavy for such a small unit, and thats without water in! Gonna find a secure location to mount it in the van!

No doubt I will post my own review after this weekend as Im expecting some messiness around BBH!

And Kudos to Halfords in Sittingbourne, helpful staff on the phone, and helpful when I went to collect, all round good show!

• pittpony wrote:
    How does 4 hours of Trance sound to you?? ;)
    Err......Hell! I have an itrip, and a Creataive Zen and another FM transmitter, so think we'll be sorted for tunes so you can leave the trance cd's at home!
  • Bmjboy
    pbpic2690782.jpg

• Bmjboy wrote:
    pbpic2690782.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I love the pedal arrangment on the pic, can see that being very effective indeed! :roll:
  • yeah did it in about 5 mins and noticed it after i saved it..... :D
    And you say WE have to much time on our hands :wink: good job by the way.

• impished
    Aaaaarrrggghghhh!!! I have been beaten to it....

I'll be back....

Just you wait and see....

[goes to fire up Gimp rather than Photoshop] :wink:
  • pittpony
    Great pictures guys - you've done me proud :D

My mate met Barry Scott once. Right up there amongst the least impressive 'famous' people to have met :lol:
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    These dirt workers, anyone got a url? I couldnt find them on Halfrauds website yesterday. I got so muddy at bedgebuy last sunday and I was talking to my friend about a mobile 12v (which I presume these are?) pressure washer. I was so muddy I was about to PAY to use bedgeburys own wash but its so high pressure that I didnt fancy having to buy new bottom bracket and hub bearings after using it!!! Is this dirt worker one adjustable or low enough pressure that it cleans without destroying the bike?

cheers
  • Bmjboy
    breezer wrote:
    These dirt workers, anyone got a url? I couldnt find them on Halfrauds website yesterday. I got so muddy at bedgebuy last sunday and I was talking to my friend about a mobile 12v (which I presume these are?) pressure washer. I was so muddy I was about to PAY to use bedgeburys own wash but its so high pressure that I didnt fancy having to buy new bottom bracket and hub bearings after using it!!! Is this dirt worker one adjustable or low enough pressure that it cleans without destroying the bike?

cheers

Google "Dirtworker" Breezer and the main website for it will emerge.

Halfords are technically not displaying them, they are all kept out the back, if you go back a couple of pages, Russalfs posted a link to another forum explaining it.

What you need to do it phone/visit your local Halfords and give them the product code of 430991 (I think thats right) they'll do a stock check on their system.

If any in stock, explain they are in the stock room, and not on the shop floor. They should grab it for you.

They are down from £99.99 to £49.99 - wicked!

I can confirm Sittingbourne doesnt have any as some lucky so-and-so got it yesterday evening! Me! :lol:

Check out Russalfs vid of the DW in action, its fully adjustable from Jet to fine mist.

Gonna have a go with mine later today. :lol::lol:

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    excellent thanks, wonder if my halfrauds trade discount card will get any more off lol, doesnt normally on offers but worth a try!
  • Bmjboy
    breezer wrote:
    excellent thanks, wonder if my halfrauds trade discount card will get any more off lol, doesnt normally on offers but worth a try!

Im not sure if its an offer - think they maybe just selling them off as theyre not even on display!....

Let us know if you have any luck.

• shop.jpg:lol::lol::lol:
  • Bmjboy
    I dont think the DW has got the power for that, [Read: HOPE the DW doesnt have the power! ]

Looks like we have a forum of Photoshoppers.....

Should we run a caption competition or something!!? :lol: