XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Thats me and Ade and we are married and proved that we are not seedless jaffas :twisted:

*cough*

:wink:
  • pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Thats me and Ade and we are married and proved that we are not seedless jaffas :twisted:

*cough*

Haha but that's enough about Ade.. :wink:

I always feel a bit funny when people ask me about my MTBing and i say "I met these guys of the internet and go out in to the forest with them for a few hours at a time" Its usually greeted by stunned looks, Dont know why?? :lol:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I always feel a bit funny when people ask me about my MTBing and i say "I met these guys of the internet and go out in to the forest with them for a few hours at a time" Its usually greeted by stunned looks, Dont know why?? :lol:
    You try explaining a night ride to your workmates without it sounding like you're going dogging!! :lol: Actually had slight reservations about meeting up with Ade and Andy for the first night ride but soon found out it's a lot more scary without the company of strange men!!
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

*cough*

Haha but that's enough about Ade.. :wink:

Lol i get that from my boss all the time, especially when i ride strait from work with my "miners light" on my helmet.

I was pissing myself laughing reading this parked outside a pub earlyer and got some very strange looks:) i wonder if you'v sacred Russ off:)

Nick- How about doing Swinley 2 weeks in a row? Don't think we'll get board of that place!
  • I have talked Neil in to doing BBH this weekend and Swinley Next but i dont mind swinley both weekends?

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    I only suggested BBH to save a bit on travel costs but if we're splitting fuel i guess it won't be that much. Its just i'm a little skint at the moment for some reason! I'm happy to go with 2 visits to Swinley, one BBH one Swinley, one Surrey one Swinley etc etc. Defo Swinley on the 23rd though.
  • Nick have you abducted Russ? Seeing as he is unusually quiet..

• stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    i would come along to BBH (i assume you mean bedgebury :? ) if you lot are aright having me :P

that depends also if i can get the train fair

and also if i can replace this bloody spoke :evil:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Steve, nope, not Bedgebury (Dont be silly!!!) Blue Bell Hill view point is the place, near chatham ASDA/ BBH Crematorium.

Although I cant do alot in the way of mileage atm I do need to up my routine a little bit so if you lot do ride BBH this weekend I wouldnt mind tagging along for as long as I can, basically untill my knee says so..
  • stevet1992 wrote:
    i would come along to BBH (i assume you mean bedgebury :? ) if you lot are aright having me :P

that depends also if i can get the train fair

and also if i can replace this bloody spoke :evil:
    No he dose not mean Bedgbrury! There are loads of trails from the lookout in Blue Bell Hill.

I am off next weekend too, so i am easy where we go this weekend. I assumed i was working and was worried about missing out on a trip to Swuinley.

^^^You beat me to it :)
  • stevet1992
    :oops: woops :lol: makes more sense now :roll:

in which case anyone know the nearest station ?

shouldnt be to bad on train fare as its only between maidstone/rochester i believe? so if its alright with you i might tag along (dependent on spoke) (can last much longer now 8) )

how far you guys planning on riding?

• stevet1992 wrote:
    :oops: woops :lol: makes more sense now :roll:

in which case anyone know the nearest station ?

shouldnt be to bad on train fare as its only between maidstone/rochester i believe? so if its alright with you i might tag along (dependent on spoke) (can last much longer now 8) )
    Rochester is nearest but we don't know where we are riding yet.
    stevet1992 wrote:
    how far you guys planning on riding?
    Till Ade starts saying he feels sick.....oh, actually that was me last time :wink: Usually between 15 and 30 miles.
  • stevet1992
    Rochester is nearest but we don't know where we are riding yet.

well +1 for BBH :P
    Till Ade starts saying he feels sick.....oh, actually that was me last time Wink Usually between 15 and 30 miles.

sounds good did a 20 mile few weekends ago and breezed through that

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Im doing BBH very early doors on Saturday as I need to get out (not been on bike since Wales!) so need to get back into the swing sharpish.

Just to add to the vehical based discussion......

As the weather is poop and Im bored, Im looking at adding a little something to my Van to help keep the bikes clean on our days out. I think I saw one of you lot have a similar pressure sprayer on a photo...(?) As I have loads of space, was looking at putting something semi-permanent in via a mount rail or something...

pbpic2683807.jpg

Its a 20l pressure sprayer, only about £20 or so, worth a go I reckon!! :lol:

Coupled with my already installed bike rack system I'll start to have the ideal biking wagon!!

Any thoughts on pimping for the ideal MTB van welcome - only a bit of fun!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

• Bmjboy
    deadpool2e wrote:

Suddenly my idea of a two-bit garden sprayer lashed into my van doesnt seem cool any more! cheers! :lol:

Theyre something else arnt they!

When time comes for a new van for the business, I may just have to keep this one and do a spot of converting myself!

Or just save up and buy a Lopes 55!!

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    impished wrote:
    Someone in Downlands asked me the quickest way to Bedgbrury this morning, went into a bit of a rant and i think i might have put her off a bit :)
    I know Nick already wants to be Russ, are you joining the "I wanna be Russ" club now too? :wink:

BTW, I was thinking about getting some white DMRs, a Commencal Meta 5.5 and a Russell Athletic T-shirt. Oh, and does anyone know where I can get some wraparound shades :twisted:

And he bought the same helmet in the same colour as me, ive got some glasses you buy ade if you want?
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    Thought you'd like it :lol:

Who's up for BBH on Sunday? My mate wants to ride Swinley on the 23rd so maybe we could ride somewhere more local this weekend and have a longer trip next weekend??

Very good Nick i am very impressed!!! what about the rest of you huh? you should all be ashamed of yourselves! It should be a club membership requirement to display that avatar i feel :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I cant do the 23rd im working that weekend so my vote is for Swinley this sunday
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick I am seriously getting worried about you, shall I book you a room :wink:
    Lol no need to worry just yet :lol: It's amazing how a vicious rumour can tarnish your reputation... :cry:

Nick just going on the evidence that is at hand……. :wink:
    The only thing going for you is you are not at the back on any uphills looking at Bums. :lol:

Huummmm saying that though...you are always behind me and Russ on the downhills when our bums are off the seats. :twisted:

Normally behind you mate, im miles in front. :lol:
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick have you abducted Russ? Seeing as he is unusually quiet..

I can reasure you i am safe and i still have my anal virginity.intact :shock: thanks for caring though mate.

Been playing in the sea with my kites today, shoulder feels so much better it didnt hurt once much happier now.
  • RussAlf
    BMJ (sorry ive already forgot your name, ben isnt it?)

Get a Dirtworkerd, seriously you will not be dissapointed and you can pick them up in halfords for £50. Only thing is though is not all halfords have them and they are in there stock room and you need the item code in order for the muppets to go and find you one. More info in this POST on singletrack world about 5 posts down. Im very impressed with mine ill get a video of it in action tomorrow if you want when im cleaning my bike down after my ride.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    impished wrote:
    Someone in Downlands asked me the quickest way to Bedgbrury this morning, went into a bit of a rant and i think i might have put her off a bit :)
    I know Nick already wants to be Russ, are you joining the "I wanna be Russ" club now too? :wink:

BTW, I was thinking about getting some white DMRs, a Commencal Meta 5.5 and a Russell Athletic T-shirt. Oh, and does anyone know where I can get some wraparound shades :twisted:

And he bought the same helmet in the same colour as me, ive got some glasses you buy ade if you want?
    Actually it was me that got the same colour helmet as you, Nick's is black.

Kite surfing this time of year, are you mad? The sea must be just above freezing :shock: Do you just use a wet suit or a dry suit?

That van is well cool 8) I especially like the off road virsion, only i would have leather sofa's, a 42" plasma and 7.1 sound system :D
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    hi guys, ive seen u mention swinley forest quite a lot for riding, how good is it? we go to bedgebury fairly often (but not too often, cant afford the extortionate car park!) i was jsut wondering if u cud give me some info on the trails at swinley? are they waymarked? ive looked at a few vids on pinkbike, and they seem to branch off quite often, so i dont want to get lost, or miss any killer bits out! also there seems to be quite a few different trails in the same bit? are these easy to find? what kind of distances are the trails? and lastly, how do they compare to bedgebury? thanks guys!

p.s. anyone know of any other decent riding spots other than bedgebury that is localish to dartford?
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • RussAlf
    Its only cold getting unchanged, today i had on my winter wetsuit which is 5mm thick and wetsuit boots, nice and toasty. I stay in that all year round, on really cold days ill put some proper gloves on and a hood. Drysuits are for old men that dont do anything, the leak when you crash hard and fill with water.
  • RussAlf
    dot1 wrote:
    hi guys, ive seen u mention swinley forest quite a lot for riding, how good is it? we go to bedgebury fairly often (but not too often, cant afford the extortionate car park!) i was jsut wondering if u cud give me some info on the trails at swinley? are they waymarked? ive looked at a few vids on pinkbike, and they seem to branch off quite often, so i dont want to get lost, or miss any killer bits out! also there seems to be quite a few different trails in the same bit? are these easy to find? what kind of distances are the trails? and lastly, how do they compare to bedgebury? thanks guys!

p.s. anyone know of any other decent riding spots other than bedgebury that is localish to dartford?

Swinley is about 10 times better than the joke of a trail center Bedgebury, unfortunately the trails are not way marked nor is the expert mountain bike area. Maps are available on the internet and gps waymarks. Its really a case of just go explore and ye shall find or get a local or regular to show you around. Have you watched my VID on pinkbike of swinley? Its not to big of a place so getting compltely lost isnt to major, just head north and you will get back to the car park.

Swinley190808-vi.jpg

Other places close to you is BBH and Surrey Hills, Surrey hills being the best out of all 3.

As for paying for parking at bedgebury, just park outside on the A21 and ride a bridleway in, its perfectly legal. £7.50 is robbery.[/img]
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    BMJ (sorry ive already forgot your name, ben isnt it?)

Get a Dirtworkerd, seriously you will not be dissapointed and you can pick them up in halfords for £50. Only thing is though is not all halfords have them and they are in there stock room and you need the item code in order for the muppets to go and find you one. More info in this POST on singletrack world about 5 posts down. Im very impressed with mine ill get a video of it in action tomorrow if you want when im cleaning my bike down after my ride.

Yes matey, Ben it is.

A video would be good if you can, just to see the pressure its got. Wonder if the local Sittingbourne superstore has any???

• pittpony
    Wow i think you've made up for your lack of posting today Russ - that was quite a barrage!

Swinley it is then - on Sunday i can try and get an idea of where we're going and next week i'll see how much i've remembered!!
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    awesome, im gunna plan a trip over xmas break from work. yeah i saw ur vid, that was the one that made me want to go so bad! where is surrey hills? (im presuming in surrey, but whereabouts) how about BBH? im planning on gettin as much riding crammed in over xmas as is humanly possible!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • RussAlf
    dot1 wrote:
    awesome, im gunna plan a trip over xmas break from work. yeah i saw ur vid, that was the one that made me want to go so bad! where is surrey hills? (im presuming in surrey, but whereabouts) how about BBH? im planning on gettin as much riding crammed in over xmas as is humanly possible!

Surrey Hills
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leatherhead+junction+m25&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=51.204625,-0.419025&spn=0.052808,0.154495&z=13

BlueBell Hill
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leatherhead+junction+m25&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=51.332381,0.501938&spn=0.026331,0.077248&z=14

Ben, will do ill record it tomorrow, think its 80psi but not to much that would damage bearings etc.
  • pittpony
    Andy, Ade, anyone else... On for a night ride tomorrow? I haven't been on my bike for almost 3 weeks and football just isn't a good enough substitute - i feel LAZY!! 6.45, Rough Common? You know it makes sense!