XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Do you realise this is the 4th page we're on for today's ramblings alone? Man we talk some crap!!
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    edited November 2008
    pittpony wrote:
    Man we talk some crap!!

*cough* understatement *cough*

Thought I'd do an Ade type comment there :lol:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Nick if only i could be like you and your ramblings

Jon, poor show not enough html linking for ade.
  • Was just editing that in while you wrote that, couldnt remember the coding at first lol
  • RussAlf
    ahh thats better, ill let you off.
  • pittpony
    Aw Russ you're too kind... :lol:
  • Yeah Russ, can you do me a favour and let me off please?? :lol:
  • RussAlf
    Adding to the XCinKent automobiles club ive just ordered this:

AK6.JPG

and

thule%20972.jpg
  • ^^^Sweet 8) Can you do your avatar in a different coulour, i have to look 3 times to see who's who :)

Nick- Yep i'm up for a ride tomorrow. It's realy muddy over there though, i'v been avoiding the singletrack because the black route is so bad!
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Adding to the XCinKent automobiles club ive just ordered this:

AK6.JPG

and

thule%20972.jpg

Dont forget you will need a fake crossbar for your frame to fit on the back.

Can we do early on Sunday so i can attend to family matters later.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    pittpony wrote:
    Andy, Ade, anyone else... On for a night ride tomorrow? I haven't been on my bike for almost 3 weeks and football just isn't a good enough substitute - i feel LAZY!! 6.45, Rough Common? You know it makes sense!
    I can't do tonight unfortunately. Finally feeling better, but gotta go sit and listen to a teacher waffling.

I should be good for Sunday though. I'll let you know for defo tomorrow. Where was the final chosen venue?

You may now return to cars and being uber-friendly :shock: . Next time we all go away, whoever books the B&B, can I request a single room.
  • pittpony
    Oh Russ - that means i have to order exactly the same thing now so i can continue to be like you ;) Looks like a good solution, did it end up costing you much? I'm happy with the bikes in the back for the time being, just need to dig out some old sheets to catch the worst of the mud.

Andy - i'm happy just to get out for a ride so we can steer clear of the singletrack if you like. Is 6.45 ok for you? Any other takers?

Mark - how early on Sunday??? :shock:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    You may now return to cars and being uber-friendly :shock: . Next time we all go away, whoever books the B&B, can I request a single room.

I was going to request you have a single room after your snoring on the SDW ;)

We decided to go to Swinley on Sunday
  • RussAlf
    Mark - yup i know, the ones they had online looked like the rubbish ones. Where did you get your decent one from?

Nick - Cost £150 all in but i have to fit it myself, its cheaper than going down the roof rack option. Its just been annoying me having to put it in the car so much and when having 2 in the back, plus i can take 3 people now.

Ade - I dont understand your avater

Early Sunday is good for me to.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Ade - I dont understand your avater
    A reference to the popular TV series Heroes methinks??
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    Got it in 1 :P
    I was bored and thought I'd confuse Andy a bit more :wink:
  • impished wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    Got it in 1 :P
    I was bored and thought I'd confuse Andy a bit more :wink:
    Going for maximum confusion now Ade? The last couple of posts now make no sence at all :)

Nick- 6:45 is fine with me, i'll meet you in the car park to save any confusion. Should be a lot better today as it has been sunny all day.....hopefully :roll:
  • Well good news is i should have my bike back for Sunday.

But double bad news is that.....
    1 Stumpy MK 2 has died.
    2 i wont have time to copter tape my NEW frame. :):):):)

Nick early as possible please (Russ said so as well :wink: ) also neil will have to be back earyish if he is going to come to swinley.

Russ got my "good" bar from HalFrauds but you can borrow it on free of charge hire for a few months if you would like, or you could just steal it like Andy tried to :wink:

Hands up if you think i should do frame limitation tests for Specialized

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    Going for maximum confusion now Ade? The last couple of posts now make no sence at all :)
    Ha ha :twisted: My plan worked. You're now totally confused. :wink:

I'm not gonna be make Sunday after all :cry: Apparently Xmas is coming soon and I've gotta go wandering round 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 shops spending money on Barbie Dolls and Peppa Pigs instead of wheels and frames. :roll:
    Although maybe Deadpool's got the right idea. Buy 1 Specialized, get 3 free :shock: Deal of the century.
  • pittpony
    OK Andy - car park at 6.45 it is. I reckon it'll still be very wet but at least its not raining!

Sooo, what time are we meeting on Sunday? It'll be 2 hours drive for me. I guess you don't class 10 as being early??
  • pittpony
    By the way Andy - my phone battery is deader than my credibility on this forum so if you need to call later i won't be able to answer.

Mark - did they replace with an 09 frame? Do you just do it to keep up with this seasons colour?? Actually, what colour will your new frame be? Maybe you should persuade them to replace it for something a bit more rugged??
    sdkfz2_kettenrad.jpg
  • impished wrote:
    Ha ha :twisted: My plan worked. You're now totally confused. :wink:

I'm not gonna be make Sunday after all :cry: Apparently Xmas is coming soon and I've gotta go wandering round 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 shops spending money on Barbie Dolls and Peppa Pigs instead of wheels and frames. :roll:
    Although maybe Deadpool's got the right idea. Buy 1 Specialized, get 3 free :shock: Deal of the century.
    Do shopping on Saterday, ride on Sunday! Or even better, do shopping online :)

Mark, i can't beleave you got another new frame :shock: What was wrong with it, i thought it was just a squeeky bush? I was concidering getting a Pitch Pro, but the rate your destroying Specialized's finest i am starting to change my mind.............again :wink:

I'd prefer early too on Sunday, what time were you thinking?
  • pittpony wrote:
    By the way Andy - my phone battery is deader than my credibility on this forum
    :lol::lol::lol:
    pittpony wrote:
    Mark - did they replace with an 09 frame? Do you just do it to keep up with this seasons colour?? Actually, what colour will your new frame be? Maybe you should persuade them to replace it for something a bit more rugged??
    sdkfz2_kettenrad.jpg
    HaHa lots of bearings to destoy on that one :lol:
  • RussAlf
    Had a good ride round surrey today but it was extremly slippery and yes you may be shocked but i fell off twice, once at a fair speed down barry knows best. Think all the rain and that combined with the amount of leaves on the ground is making the ground like an ice ring.I also saw some photographers taking pics for a magazine, luckily they didnt see it,

Mark is a jammy git huh, lets hope he looks after this one a bit more. Ill proberly buy one of those thingys but i wouldnt mind borrowing another one for when i have other people along.

Ben, i recorded the dirtworker in action i wont be able to upload it till late this eveing though.

Ade, shame about sunday how about arranging to go shopping in bracknell and then say to the wife your popping to the toilet but come and do a quick lap instead??
  • pittpony wrote:
    By the way Andy - my phone battery is deader than my credibility on this forum so if you need to call later i won't be able to answer.

sdkfz2_kettenrad.jpg

I have not seen it yet but the guy at the bike shop said it was a like for like replacemet i.e 08 stumpy pro they said that the rear triangle was out of alignment by a fraction thats why i keep destroying the bearings on the left side only.

Andy Spesh Pitch looks very very good vaule for money and i can vouch for spesh if anything goes wrong (lifetime frame warrenty) :D

dont help that im a fat barstool as well :wink:

• pittpony
    Glad you had a good ride Russ - i bet some bits were quite "sketchy"! :shock: Hope the crash wasn't too bad - sure you're glad you weren't pictured :oops:

Just got back from a good blast round Blean but it was quite a short ride. A couple of weeks off the bike have done nothing for my goat powers :cry: Good to get out all the same :D

Sooo - what time on Sunday? Any advance on 10??
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    pittpony wrote:

sdkfz2_kettenrad.jpg

I have not seen it yet but the guy at the bike shop said it was a like for like replacemet i.e 08 stumpy pro they said that the rear triangle was out of alignment by a fraction thats why i keep destroying the bearings on the left side only.

Andy Spesh Pitch looks very very good vaule for money and i can vouch for spesh if anything goes wrong (lifetime frame warrenty) :D

dont help that im a fat barstool as well :wink:
    Yeah i think i'v finally decided on the Pitch. Apparently the geometry is identical to the Enduro, and everyone seems to rave about the handling of that. I like the slack head angle too, with my tendancy to have my weight too far forward that might help a bit :) Just got to save up the money now :roll: Think i might even forgo ski-ing this year :shock:

So what time do you guys want to meet on Sunday?
  • How about 9 at Swinley? Because Neil will have to leave at about 2ish so should give us a good ride?

• pittpony
    OK 9 sounds good to me. I don't know - getting up at 6 on a Sunday??! The things i do for this hobby :lol:

Andy, i'll leave home a bit before 7 and be round to yours at about 10 past. Don't forget the trailrakers ;)
  • RussAlf
    Dirtworker action as promised

The Dirtworker and my brushes
    DSC00080-vi.jpg

Bike Before cleaning
    DSC00078-vi.jpg
    DSC81-vi.jpg

Dirtworker in action
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/47452/

Job done
    DSC00082-vi.jpg
    DSC00083-vi.jpg

Ive got a karcher 5l garden sprayer and although it can get most of it off it takes alot longer and the 5l of water is not enough to do a proper job.