XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Yeah the weather is looking crap :x !! It's absolutely hammering it down here at the moment, and i'v just cleaned my bike :evil: Even stripped the gears down and attacked it all with a toothbrush, and you should have seen the amount of mud i got out of the chainset, i should have taken a picture :shock: Once again though as happens every time i clean the sodding thing, i have found something else that is knackered, or neerly knackered! The BB sounds like it's got most of Blean inside it, the chainset axle is fooked, cassette and middle ring needs renewing very soon and i have a broken ceramic bush in the lower jocky wheel, but the jocky wheels are fooked anyway :x :evil: :evil: Also the pads will just about last tomorrow and that's about it! So my Christmass list is going to consist entirely of bike parts :roll:

Hope you can make it Russ. Nick, i'll be riding anyway and i am easy where we go, BBH sounds good.

Russ has the factory stereo, but if you have another to put in there already Cant Car Radio would probably get the old one out for you if you ask very nicely :wink:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Nick, i dont have the stereo removal tools im afraid but ive had it out before. Mine came with a aftermarket stereo but it didnt work with the steering wheel remote so i put the standard one back in. The standard one is more than good enough for me now, back in my youth i had over a grands worth of subs/amps in the boot, BOOM BOOM init boyyyyyy. I used barbecue skewers and a flat metal ruler to change them over!

Sorry i didnt come today guys, didnt fancy the horizontal rain and i was pretty knackered. Did you go to BBH?

Taken with my new c905 andy, not bad for a phone hey:
    DSC00055-vi.jpg
    New Handle Bars, RaceFace Atlas All Mountains:
    DSC00057-vi.jpg
    Guess where this is, winner gets a jelly baby:
    DSC00053-vi.jpg

Video i filmed and edited on my phone lol Person who guesses where the first section is wins my bike.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/47052/

Enjoy
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Guess for the photo is by Leith Hill tower...

I bought the removal tools to have a look at the back of the stereo. I'm not sure i'll get my iPod linked up unless i get an expensive kit or use one of those crappy FM transmitters though. Ha ha your boy racer days make me laugh Russ, you seem far too level headed these days for such sillyness!
  • pittpony
    By the way - no ride today hence being on the forum now rather than being blown about BBH. Shameful i know.
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    Guess for the photo is by Leith Hill tower...

I bought the removal tools to have a look at the back of the stereo. I'm not sure i'll get my iPod linked up unless i get an expensive kit or use one of those crappy FM transmitters though. Ha ha your boy racer days make me laugh Russ, you seem far too level headed these days for such sillyness!

Close but no Jelly Baby.

Im sure you can get an adapter that lets you run the ipod in place of a cd changer, something like this

http://indashpc.org/new/ipod_adapters/grom-ipod-vag.html

The weather here is truly shocking, no way i would want to be exposed on top of BBH. It would remind me of the SDW attempt 1.
  • I am guessing the first bit is where i liked to hug loads of trees, and the second the double you told me to do on here but didn't remind me at the time :wink: So, do i win the bike?

Those pictures are prety good. SE definately make the best cam phones, my old K800 took way better pictures than my 5mp N95. If i hadn't wrecked my ipod touch i would be tempted, but as all my music is in itunes i might go for the iphone for simplicity's sake. It would probably take about 3 days converting all the tracks back to mp3 files!
    Did you go for wider bars this time, they look the same width as mine?

No worries about today mate, it's probably THE worst day we could have chosen for a ride! No we didn't go to BBH, i think we both lost all motivation when we heard the rain on the windows this morning. According to Metcheck it's not supposed to rain the rest of the week, so if you fancy a ride during the week Nick let me know. Ade- are you over your multiple colds yet?

Do any of you have any lateral play in your rear mech's, where the main body bollts onto the bit that screws onto the drop out? I had to replace both jocky wheels this morning and noticed it while i was striping it down, it moves about 2-3mm.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Ade- are you over your multiple colds yet?
    I think I've finally pulled through :roll: I'll let you know about a ride this week. Might have to make it latter end or weekend.
    Do any of you have any lateral play in your rear mech's, where the main body bollts onto the bit that screws onto the drop out? I had to replace both jocky wheels this morning and noticed it while i was striping it down, it moves about 2-3mm.
    If my memory serves me, mine was rock solid. But I have got the worlds worst..... er.... what was I saying :shock:

(sorry about that. Probably my worst attempt at a joke.)
    I'll check the meck later and post my findings :wink:
  • RussAlf
    Nick, check this out http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195019

Andy well done your spot on, you have won my fold up bike how would you like collection :P

It was flooding here at around 3pm, glad i didnt go swimming ermm i mean riding.
  • pittpony
    Right - stereo iPod linkup is sorted (i hope). That's all i need for the moment. Interesting about the tow bar but i'm happy to keep the bikes in the back for the time being. Was that your yellow Seat Russ? Your boy racer credentials get better by the day!

Anyway, to avoid completely taking over the thread with car talk i should be good for Swinley on Sunday and hopefully a night ride one evening this week 8)
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Nick, check this out http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195019

Andy well done your spot on, you have won my fold up bike how would you like collection :P

It was flooding here at around 3pm, glad i didnt go swimming ermm i mean riding.
    Wo hoo i'll pick it up tomorrow and sell it to by my new frame :lol:

I was going to stick two fingers up to the weather and ride Blean with my waterproofs, but then went outside and was neerly blown over by the wind and i thought that wasn't such a good idea! Sounds like you got the rain worse than here, but the wind is just rediculouse, it must be gusting 60mph! Looks like Wednesday might be the best day this week.
  • pittpony
    Yep today was a bit of a write-off, i got soaked just going to the shops. Wednesday should be good, i'll keep it free :)
  • Oh crap i missed out on all the prizes....

Russ that vid you sent didnt look like the one i saw the otherday :wink: .

Nick will hopefully have bike back for Sunday so I am up for Swinley anyone else coming?

This is assuming i still have a car or i will have to get a train
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Oh crap i missed out on all the prizes....

Russ that vid you sent didnt look like the one i saw the otherday :wink: .

Nick will hopefully have bike back for Sunday so I am up for Swinley anyone else coming?

i would but the 3 hour train journey then 4K of dual carriage way kind of puts me off :lol:

lucky b*****ds having cars :cry:
    :shock: was riding through mini rivers to get back to my house god i hate this weather :x
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    Right - stereo iPod linkup is sorted (i hope). That's all i need for the moment. Interesting about the tow bar but i'm happy to keep the bikes in the back for the time being. Was that your yellow Seat Russ? Your boy racer credentials get better by the day!

Anyway, to avoid completely taking over the thread with car talk i should be good for Swinley on Sunday and hopefully a night ride one evening this week 8)

Yellow one was my old car which i really didnt want to sell but it i had to due to running costs and trying to save. It was a Mk3 Ibiza Cupra1.8 20v Turbo standard it was 160bhp but i spent a fortune and it was running 221.2bhp when i sold it, would keep up with M3s and eat porsche boxters. Should be ordering the tow bar this week.

Mark what vid was that? :wink:

Im good for Sunday, ill get ya mark.
  • pittpony
    OK my mate can't make it on Sunday but i'm still up for a ride somewhere and Swinley, Surrey or BBH get my vote. It'd be good to make a day of it again :) Andy - do you want a lift? Oh also i have a little lateral play in my rear mechs, just a few mm too.
  • RussAlf wrote:

Cheers Buddy.

and if your not going to show it i wont tell :wink: .

Soooo where to guys?

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Soooo where to guys?
    Bedgebury?? :wink:
  • pittpony wrote:
    OK my mate can't make it on Sunday but i'm still up for a ride somewhere and Swinley, Surrey or BBH get my vote. It'd be good to make a day of it again :) Andy - do you want a lift? Oh also i have a little lateral play in my rear mechs, just a few mm too.
    Thanks mate, lift would be great 8) I don't think the play was affecting the shifting at all, think i have finally got it sorted now after several hours stripping and fettleing today. I definately have to get back into the habit of cleaning the bike after every ride, the amount of crap in the chainset and cassette wasn't funny!

Someone in Downlands asked me the quickest way to Bedgbrury this morning, went into a bit of a rant and i think i might have put her off a bit :)
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Cheers Buddy.

and if your not going to show it i wont tell :wink: .

Soooo where to guys?

Show what? :)
  • impished
    Someone in Downlands asked me the quickest way to Bedgbrury this morning, went into a bit of a rant and i think i might have put her off a bit :)
    I know Nick already wants to be Russ, are you joining the "I wanna be Russ" club now too? :wink:

BTW, I was thinking about getting some white DMRs, a Commencal Meta 5.5 and a Russell Athletic T-shirt. Oh, and does anyone know where I can get some wraparound shades :twisted:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    I know Nick already wants to be Russ, are you joining the "I wanna be Russ" club now too? :wink:
    I have no idea what you're talking about Ade. I love you all the same. There is no favouritism!
  • impished
    I love the new avatar Nick. Nearly blew my computer up with all the coffee spit. :P
  • pittpony
    Thought you'd like it :lol:

Who's up for BBH on Sunday? My mate wants to ride Swinley on the 23rd so maybe we could ride somewhere more local this weekend and have a longer trip next weekend??
  • Nick I am seriously getting worried about you, shall I book you a room :wink:

• impished
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick I am seriously getting worried about you, shall I book you a room :wink:
    Make sure it's a double room for Russ & Russ2 :wink:

Are you worried yet Russ? :shock:(the real Russ, I mean)
  • pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Lol no need to worry just yet :lol: It's amazing how a vicious rumour can tarnish your reputation... :cry:
  • pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Lol no need to worry just yet :lol: It's amazing how a vicious rumour can tarnish your reputation... :cry:

Nick just going on the evidence that is at hand……. :wink:
    The only thing going for you is you are not at the back on any uphills looking at Bums. :lol:

Thats me and Ade and we are married and proved that we are not seedless jaffas :twisted:

• deadpool2e wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Nick just going on the evidence that is at hand……. :wink:
    The only thing going for you is you are not at the back on any uphills looking at Bums. :lol:

Thats me and Ade and we are married and proved that we are not seedless jaffas :twisted:

Huummmm saying that though...you are always behind me and Russ on the downhills when our bums are off the seats. :twisted:

• pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Huummmm saying that though...you are always behind me and Russ on the downhills when our bums are off the seats. :twisted:
    Yeah but i'm so far behind you I wouldn't be able to see even if i wanted to :lol: