XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    RussAlf wrote:
    hahaha very good ade, ive been trying to think of ideas to photoshop mark with.
    We hoped Russ and his 'special' glasses would be able to spot the offending pikey, but alas no. So mark is now without a bike.
    RussGoggs.jpg
    Sorry Russ :oops: No one escapes :wink: (sorry. Quick 'n dirty)
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :lol:i hold you responsible for the tea splatters on my screen now :P
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Peeing myself laughing at all these pics. But i must admit i spat the most tea out at Russ' post. Doesn't she play a child in Heroes? The word "jailbait" springs to mind! Worth a suspended sentence i reckon ;)
  • pittpony wrote:
    Peeing myself laughing at all these pics. But i must admit i spat the most tea out at Russ' post. Doesn't she play a child in Heroes? The word "jailbait" springs to mind! Worth a suspended sentence i reckon ;)

What and you dont find this attractive??

hayden-panettiere-1152x864-27800.jpg

And do i spy cameltoe :twisted:

Love the pics Ade :wink:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

hayden-panettiere-bikini-1-12.jpg

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Obviously the text message has some truth behind it :D

I dont understand either Mark.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Hold on hold on!! I didn't say i didn't find her attractive - the "tea on the screen" was because she's a hottie! I just thought she played a child in the TV series and was having age related moral issues about dating her ;)
  • RussAlf
    Yeah Yeah Nick we got you now,
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    edited November 2008
    Yeah its ok Nick your secret is safe with us :wink: Why do you think i was so worried the other day.... :twisted:

Anyway Joking aside, i recall you going on about a HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL girl....Morals Pahhhh

• RussAlf
    Ah i forgot about the HSM! Just been down to halfords i think i saw your bike down there mark being fixed??
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Ah i forgot about the HSM! Just been down to halfords i think i saw your bike down there mark being fixed??

MMMeeeooowww

Wouldnt trust Halfords to fix anything let alone my bike :D

• RussAlf
    They asked if i wanted them to fit my headlight bulb, i turned them down.
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Never one to detract from the running theme... but can I interject with some Kent based MTB chit-chat?..... ok thanks..............

Guys - Ive been approached with a view to designing a Kent based website for MTB'ing.

It would be a relaxed kind of site which would allow users to pop in to review or upload local ride/trail information, maybe something the Kent based bikers here would like to participate in?

A site of which is very much favoured already in existance is the Muddymoles website (google it) of which I personally like in terms of looks and features.

Other ideas in my head would included uploaded GPS files for visitors to download if they want to attack a local loop etc.

Opinions on a forum-based postcard please......
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • RussAlf
    Ive thought of doing that myself but there is alot of sites similar to that out there already

MudTrail

Jab - Ride

Kent Trails

New Bedgebury Site

To name a few, but each website i find lacks user input. Its very mainly built and updated by the website creator. If you can pick out what each individual site lacks and focus on these elements it would work and stand out. I personally would like to make a site just for shift workers so i need never ride alone again :D
  • Guys, quick question:
    Got DMR V8's on my I-drive, wanna pimp the pedals...

Pedals are black, pimp choice is Purple or Red (The grip pins)
    Colour of bike:
    P8247058.jpg

So, what fits, Purple or Red?
    I love both colours, and black n red pedals would look kinda cool, but I'm not sure what'll go with the blue better..
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    Ive thought of doing that myself but there is alot of sites similar to that out there already

MudTrail

Jab - Ride

Kent Trails

New Bedgebury Site

To name a few, but each website i find lacks user input. Its very mainly built and updated by the website creator. If you can pick out what each individual site lacks and focus on these elements it would work and stand out. I personally would like to make a site just for shift workers so i need never ride alone again :D

They all "appear" to be fairly static in content.

The site in mind would allow "approved" users to post reviews on trails, rides, events, products etc, whatever they want. There would also be the obligitory forum and gallery etc.

If anyone is familiar with Joomla - thats the kind of background system that I would prefer to implement.

This also come about from a chat in the pub - I really shouldnt drink and agree to pub ideas!!

• RussAlf
    Dont bother Jon, look at the reviews on Chainreaction the paint on the pins wear off after one ride then it just looks shit

My vote is for white pedals :P
    DSC00739-vi.jpg
  • RussAlf
    Yup agreed they do all seem static, Ive never used Joomla but i reckon i could pick it up ok, im sure are local internet html nerd Ade could also. Id be more than up for helping and have plenty of spare time.
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    Yup agreed they do all seem static, Ive never used Joomla but i reckon i could pick it up ok, im sure are local internet html nerd Ade could also. Id be more than up for helping and have plenty of spare time.

Cool, Joomla is easy once installed, its designed for non geek's to enter news/blogs etc without html knowledge, best of all its FREE!

Get a domain and hosting for about £20 and we're away..........

Group Poll : "What should the all new Kent based biking website be called?"

• impished
    Bmjboy wrote:
    I put the 1st shout in for "KentXC.co.uk" (Available as of 14:50)
  • Bmjboy
    Just thought this probably isnt the best place to air our ideas for domain names! - probably some grubby teenager snapping them up right now!......

(Im really showing my age this week..........)

A personal fave of mine was a genric one:

MTBloggers

A bit like "mountainbikers" when pronounced, but in a internet kinda way! - jesus Im a genius!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:roll:

Yes its been a long day........

• impished wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:
    I put the 1st shout in for "KentXC.co.uk" (Available as of 14:50)

+1
  • RussAlf
    Ohhhh

I dunno Ade, i think it would be best to steer away from the type of riding in the host name, after all i wouldnt consider myself as solely interested in xc riding. I also proberly ride more in Surrey than kent :oops:

SouthEastGoats

WoodlandWarriors

SouthEastMTB

SEMTB

My brain is not thinking to well, still half asleep from the night shift last night.
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    Ohhhh

I dunno Ade, i think it would be best to steer away from the type of riding in the host name, after all i wouldnt consider myself as solely interested in xc riding.

SouthEastGoats

WoodlandWarriors

SouthEastMTB

SEMTB

My brain is not thinking to well, still half asleep from the night shift last night.

I think to steer clear of an affiliation or inclination to a riding group/party as you will alienate pretty much everyone who isnt in the gang(!)

What about "South East Cross Country" = SEXCOUNTRY

Although for some reason I cannot put my finger on why this would be a bad choice? :P

• impished
    How about "XCKents.xxx" Sounds a bit like "Sexy C..ts" :wink: D'ya like it do ya?
    "NutCrushers.co.uk"? :oops:
    "Bikesonar.com" :twisted:
  • impished
    I could have a regular column where I predict who's gonna break what next :twisted:

"MonthlyCycles.co.uk" :?
  • Bmjboy
    One position filled - goes to Ade for his Mystic Meg predictions.....or the "Horror-Scope" as we should call it.

Dirtypeddlers?

SEbiking?

• Bmjboy wrote:

Rideon.co.uk

FlatlandMTBers.co.uk

MTBsouth.co.uk

Any of those sound Ok, would love to be a MOD on the forum :wink::wink: nudge nudge.

• RussAlf
    Off for a ride guys, see you later :D