XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    As soon as I shake this cold, I'll be back with a vendgence :twisted: I need to get to Surrey/Swinley again ASAP to scare myself :shock:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    With all the rain weve been having im considering taking a hover craft out with me on the next ride. This weather is really getting depressing.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Aaaargh - tomorrow night is out and Wednesday isn't looking too hopeful now :( Time for some commuting i think - at least it'll keep a few miles going through my legs! Is it me or is the real challenge of road riding managing to stay awake despite the boredom ;)
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    Aaaargh - tomorrow night is out and Wednesday isn't looking too hopeful now :( Time for some commuting i think - at least it'll keep a few miles going through my legs! Is it me or is the real challenge of road riding managing to stay awake despite the boredom ;)
    Try posting that in the roadie section, just for a laugh :wink:
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:

The only reason i cope with it is because of the buses, taxis and other morons that make it interesting.
  • RussAlf
    Nick, my superstar pads have fallen apart, 2 pads fell off the backing plate on my last ride.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    looks like we are all going in to hibernation this winter. I may not have a car soon and the weather doesnt exactly push you out the door.
    Tell me about it! I had every intention of riding into Canterbury to get a few bits followed by a very long ride around Blean, but ended up driving in and was going to go for a ride when i got home, but now it's peeing down i just can't be arsed :roll: Unless the ground is covered in snow, I HATE WINTER! So how come you are selling the car?

Nick- i'll say i am up for a ride whichever day suits you, but everyone at work has had a cold so far and it's only a matter of time until i get it :roll: Think Wednesday will be better for me as i havn't ridden since Thursday and it might be an idea to get a gentle ride in tomorrow so you don't kill me again :wink: Oh and get well soon Ade, that's a right bummer getting another cold strait after :evil:

Edit: Nick- didn't read your last post before posting this one.....Oh well, next week maybe?
    And who watched the GP yesterday? Oh my good god, he likes to make it hard for himself, and us! I'd love to hear the conversation between him and Timo Glock :wink:
  • pittpony
    Russ - contact Superstar and arrange to send the pads back - they'll refund or replace. I've had several sets from them that have been every bit as good as the Avid pads. Maybe it varies depending on the batch? Maybe the quality has gone downhill though...

Andy - I doubt i'll be riding any evening this week. Tomorrow is definitely out and Wednesday doesn't look too hopeful. I'll let you know if there's a change of plan :roll:
  • RussAlf
    Andy, glock was slow because he was on slicks, he did a lap time of 1:44 which is near identical to the other guys on slicks. Hamilton caught him because he was on inters. If hamilton had stayed out on slicks he still would have finished ahead of glock so it made little difference except making it a little bit more risky. Was a bloody good finish though, the amount of money hamilton has had invested in him its about bloody time he won it.

Nick, yeah going to send them back and get soem new ones sent out.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    deadpool2e wrote:
    looks like we are all going in to hibernation this winter. I may not have a car soon and the weather doesnt exactly push you out the door.

you can say that again :( tried to get down to challock again but its like swamp right now :shock: hopefully going on a spending spree for my bike will bring back the will to ride 8)

And who watched the GP yesterday? Oh my good god, he likes to make it hard for himself, and us! I'd love to hear the conversation between him and Timo Glock Wink

yeh the face ferrari must have pulled as hamilton over took :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Andy, glock was slow because he was on slicks, he did a lap time of 1:44 which is near identical to the other guys on slicks. Hamilton caught him because he was on inters. If hamilton had stayed out on slicks he still would have finished ahead of glock so it made little difference except making it a little bit more risky. Was a bloody good finish though, the amount of money hamilton has had invested in him its about bloody time he won it.

Nick, yeah going to send them back and get soem new ones sent out.
    Yeah agreed, if it wasn't for that rain shower at the end he would have easily finnished 4th, and the only reason Vettel cought and passed him was because Lewis had less downforce. He was matching Massa's times on slicks. I was bloody impressed with him though, he drove a realy mature race, i think he has grown up a lot since Japan, that scared the crap out of him i think. I feel realy sorry for Massa though, he thought he was champion as he crossed the line. He's a bloody nice guy and i hope he wins it one day.
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    edited November 2008
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Tell me about it! I had every intention of riding into Canterbury to get a few bits followed by a very long ride around Blean, but ended up driving in and was going to go for a ride when i got home, but now it's peeing down i just can't be arsed :roll: Unless the ground is covered in snow, I HATE WINTER! So how come you are selling the car?

Need to sell the car so we can keep our costs down for a few months (going to save about £350 a month) then in the new year about Feb-March get another one. Looks like i will be cycling rain or shine anyway.

Anyway back to bikes, don’t laugh but I was cleaning my bike yesterday and noticed that one of the bearing had gone again, the same one that has gone 4 times now. So I replaced both sides on the suspension and one was completely gone to bits. So I went to LBS and said not happy that it keeps going and that the brain feels weird. Well whole bike frame is going back to specialized and I will let you know what I get back… (fingers crossed if you know what I am thinking). Anyone would think I am a bit mad on my bike. :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Need to sell the car so we can keep our costs down for a few months (going to save about £350 a month) then in the new year about Feb-March get another one. Looks like i will be cycling rain or shine anyway.

Anyway back to bikes, don’t laugh but I was cleaning my bike yesterday and noticed that one of the bearing had gone again, the same one that has gone 4 times now. So I replaced both sides on the suspension and one was completely gone to bits. So I went to LBS and said not happy that it keeps going and that the brain feels weird. Well whole bike frame is going back to specialized and I will let you know what I get back… (fingers crossed if you know what I am thinking). Any one would think I am a bit mad on my bike. :D
    You are mad on your bike :wink: You'll be lucky to get another frame just because the bearings keep wearing out though.

Good idea with the car, i must have saved thousands by not using my car for 2 years! Trouble is it is rotting in front of my eyes, and thanks to this poxy anti car government i can't afford to put it on the road again as it is a 2.5!
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Should have gone to Crowthorne on Sunday for the Gorrick Autumn Classic. Thank god I put my Mud X's on before the race! Its unreal how much grip they give, can just 2 wheel drift everywhere. As for my race, started near the back as late to the grid then some idiot in front of me stalled on the line so I had nowhere to go and ended up pretty much last. Then managed to overtake about 40 riders on the 1st lap which was quite interesting considering how much of it was single width singletrack, I did a few questionable overtakes :lol: settled down after that and only took 5 on the 2nd lap and overall result was worse than any of the spring rounds I did sigh. Course didnt suit me, mainly flat with not much technical stuff and just treacle mud which although grippy was so tiring. Need to get fitter over the winter then go for top 3's in the fun for all the spring rounds. My heart rate was a bit down on usual, only averaged 189bpm for the hour, 207 max, normally bit higher than that...

GorrickAutumn.jpg
  • stevet1992
    bit of a slow week on here isnt it :lol:

dont suppose any of you guys are out for a ride this saturday? should be getting the helmet and new tyres this friday so just wanting to test them out :P

Also whats the nearest railway station to Swinley Forest just out of intrest?

cheers

• RussAlf
    Nice Pic Breezer, well done with the race but better luck for next time at the start.

Steve, i think the closest station to Swinley forest would be Bracknell station. I cant ride this weekend im working nights.
  • I'm working all weekend too :evil: I might be up for a Monday ride though, i'll let you know. Got these shooting pains in the top of my thigh at the moment.....i seem to be falling to pieces lately! And i can't seem to make myself go riding in the dark all on my own. Had every intention of riding tonight but as soon as i sat down when i got in from work all intentions quickely went out of the window :roll: I seem to remember riding 5 days a week this time last year.
  • impished
    Stevet1992, have a look here. Got a little "how to get there" from the station.

As for not riding, I think we've all got winter depression and colds :evil: Hopeing mine is nearly gone now and then I REALLY wanna get another Swinley under my belt.
  • pittpony
    You'll be staggered to hear this weekend is probably out for me too... I'm definitely up for a Swinley ride sometime soon. I have a mate in the midlands who wants to meet up for a ride so maybe we could all meet up and show him round?

Breezer - nice race report. I fancy having a go at racing, it sounds like good fun :)
  • RussAlf
    I was planning a ride this friday but it looks like ill be taking my hover craft instead. Im off mon/tue/wed/sat/sun next week so if anyone fancys a ride one of those days let me know.
  • stevet1992
    :shock: might hold of untill it gets lighter before im able to go to swinley :evil: takes about 3 hours by train and then theres a 4KM ride up a busy dual carriage way(which is illegal isnt it :lol: )

Looking ahead now :P dont suppose anyones off on the 16th? (last day off work till Febuary :( )

• Id love to go on a ride at some point but i dont have a bike........ :(

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • stevet1992
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Id love to go on a ride at some point but i dont have a bike........ :(

:o what happened

or has this already been explained :roll: and i missed something :lol:

Just spent £150 ouch it hurts :cry:

• stevet1992 wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Yep already been explained. Bike has gone back to Specialized so they can have a look at the rear suspension.

• deadpool2e wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Yep already been explained. Bike has gone back to Specialized so they can have a look at the rear suspension.

S'all that slow paced commuting you do, made the bearings give up the ghost through sheer boredom... :roll: :lol:
  • RussAlf
    His bike was put under to much stress trying to keep up with me down the trails.

Heroes
    hayden-panettiere-fhmproch.jpg

Discuss
  • impished
    stevet1992 wrote:

Oh, it was truly shocking!!! Mark was concentrating on a jump and some pikey whipped his bike out from under him :shock: You can see tha look of shock on his face.
    MarkMissingBike.jpg
  • stevet1992
    impished wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Oh, it was truly shocking!!! Mark was concentrating on a jump and some pikey whipped his bike out from under him :shock: You can see tha look of shock on his face.
    MarkMissingBike.jpg

:lol:
    that sir made my evening :P

• RussAlf
    hahaha very good ade, ive been trying to think of ideas to photoshop mark with.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    His bike was put under to much stress trying to keep up with me down the trails.

Heroes
    hayden-panettiere-fhmproch.jpg

Discuss
    Niiiiiiice!