• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    impished wrote:
    Any chance of an idea of what the text was? I promise I won't laugh :lol:
    PM coming your way!
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    pittpony wrote:
    Yep - some thieving @!*%$s stole my phone and sent that message to pretty much everyone in the address book including my Mum, sister, relatives and of course the girl i've just started seeing. Good impressions eh??!

Sorry to anyone who recieved it. I was woken 5 times last night by worried neigbours, friends and finally the police. I'm a bit tired today!!

:O sorry to hear bout that hope you catch the theiving scum and give him what for :twisted:

sadly i couldnt pay someone to take my phone :P cracked screen and got sanded at my old school :shock: :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    pittpony wrote:
    PM coming your way!
    (struggling not to laugh :shock: ) At least it's a thief with a sense of humour and proved people really do like you.

:?

:cry:

LMAO
    Sorry, I couldn't hold back any more :wink:
  • 'For I only feel at peace when he is ****** **' - :lol:

I thought something was wrong as the grammar was poop, either that or our new found backdoor mountain biker typed it while he was overdosing on these 'pills' :lol:

But seriously, I woke up at 3.30 ready for work and got that text, have you any idea how much that affected me!!!! (none, btw) :P
  • pittpony
    Honestly guys - you wouldn't have been laughing if you'd seen my neighbour sobbing her eyes out outside my front door at 5am and her HUGE boyfriend getting ready to put the door through if i didn't answer in the next minute or so :shock: A lot of people didn't see the humerous side of the message!

Anyway all done with now - just have to wait until Monday when my new phone is delivered :(
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    stevet1992 wrote:
    In my opinion XC Pro's are shite! They are good in bone dry conditions but anything else and you might as well have a couple of elastic bands wrapped round the rim. I am a big fan of Maxxis Highrollers in Super Tacky front and Max Pro 60 rear configuration. If you want to go skinny they do a 2.1 XC model, but i personally won't go smaller than 2.35, especially on a hardtail. The only other tire i am concidering trying is the Pannaracer Rampage, as Russ seems to begetting on well with his up front.
    i assume these are the ones your talking about ?http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Maxxis_High_Roller_Single_Ply_Casing_Tyre/5360024632/

if they are worth it i may be able to spend a little more on them and just have less left over :P

I got my High Rollers from All Terrain Cycles as I found they where the cheapest. Running the XC 2.35 60a front and rear and just done Afan on them and they where EXCELLENT. Had slight issues around Bedge on the them, but reducing pressure helped them nicely.

I also have a Giro Hex (In action man green and orange!) and its the best £35 Ive spent! - My friends Met Kaos (£90!) is practically the same. I do believe the Giro Hex is one size only, but comes with some extra pads and the closing mechanism is great.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    pittpony wrote:
    Honestly guys - you wouldn't have been laughing if you'd seen my neighbour sobbing her eyes out outside my front door at 5am and her HUGE boyfriend getting ready to put the door through if i didn't answer in the next minute or so :shock: A lot of people didn't see the humerous side of the message!

Anyway all done with now - just have to wait until Monday when my new phone is delivered :(

That sounds terrible - what w*nker would do such a thing!.

I would text the phone saying that the location is tracked, put the wind up them a bit!

Wont beat finding them and going a bit Mr T on those suckers tho!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    I really didnt find the message funny, i was on nights last night and it really messed with me. It didnt help that we are doing the live link for most haunted live!
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    impished wrote:
    Any chance of an idea of what the text was? I promise I won't laugh :lol:
    Not that i'm nosy or anything but i was left out too :wink: Bad luck Nick, did you back up your contacts?
  • pittpony
    PM your way too Andy :roll:

No i haven't backed up any contacts so if you could PM your mobile numbers that would be great. Mine is staying the same and i should get the new handset on Monday. Mark i already have yours - thanks again for the message
  • stevet1992
    pittpony

did you phone up your network and have them block the phone and sim :?: stop anymore texts being sent out

sorry again to hear about it seems to of been quite serious :shock:

• impished
    OK, let's change the subject, 'cos I feel guilty for laughing now. :oops: Now I've thought about it, I realise I would've been worried too, if I'd received it.
  • pittpony
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pittpony

did you phone up your network and have them block the phone :?: stop anymore texts being sent out

sorry again to hear about it seems to of been quite serious :shock:
    Yeah the handset and SIM are blocked now so there shouldn't be any more messages. All in all not the best day!! Ah well, hopefully i can ride tomorrow to thrash out some of my pent up aggression!! :)
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    OK, let's change the subject, 'cos I feel guilty for laughing now. :oops: Now I've thought about it, I realise I would've been worried too, if I'd received it.
    No worries you cold hearted, mean person ;)

Anyone riding this weekend?? I'm considering Kent Trails again, time permitting
  • Ade im surprised you didnt know his phone was going to be stolen.

pbpic2643691.jpg

Thought it was a joke but you never know :wink:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • stevet1992
    does anyone know if there are other woods in challock other then king woods? as whilst kings wood is good you can do most of it in around an hour and a half :(

Looking to go back up there sunday :shock: tomorrow doesn't look to good weather wise ahh well im at work :lol:

• i noticed some of you guys were talking about riding in surrey. I am currently staying in reigate and just watching my enduro gather dust cos i dont have a clue were to ride were it decent ...............sounds like you may be able to help me out??

Hi
    Ride up to the top of Reigate hill via gatton bottom, turn west along North Downs Way and you can ride to the top of Box Hill and then cross the A25 to Holmbury, Ranmore and Leith Etc. The whole route is pretty much off road, just the ride through Redhill to get to the bottom of the trails probably just a couple of miles at worst. It was a bit muddy on the NDW on Sunday, but it was hammering down!!!
  • hi can anyone help me out with a decent pair of shorts for riding id like baggy shorts with a liner any help would be great cheers and is anyone riding on sunday?
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    hi can anyone help me out with a decent pair of shorts for riding id like baggy shorts with a liner any help would be great cheers and is anyone riding on sunday?
    Could you ask that in the MTB buying guide forum, this thread is prety much 80% off topic as it is :wink: For what it is worth i'd go for anything Gore, think there is one around £35-£40 which has a decent liner and pad.

I am working again this weekend, and i am peed off about it as i thought i was off :x Was looking forward to doing the Kent Trails rides this weekend!
  • stevet1992

I am working again this weekend, and i am peed off about it as i thought i was off :x Was looking forward to doing the Kent Trails rides this weekend!

i know how you feel :evil: meant to have sunday and next saturday off but i still havent got my holiday form back from them yet :x

• pittpony
    hi can anyone help me out with a decent pair of shorts for riding id like baggy shorts with a liner any help would be great cheers and is anyone riding on sunday?
    Endura singletrack shorts are great. If you shop around i'm sure you can find them cheaper than the link
  • pittpony wrote:
    Endura singletrack shorts are great. If you shop around i'm sure you can find them cheaper than the link

Or endura Humvees are always a good pair with loads of pockets.

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony wrote:
    impished wrote:
    No worries you cold hearted, mean person ;)

Anyone riding this weekend?? I'm considering Kent Trails again, time permitting
    Did you do the Kent Trails ride today?
  • pittpony
    Did you do the Kent Trails ride today?
    Nope - I was out last night so spent today recovering with a spot of lunch and an afternoon game of Jenga :lol:
  • pittpony
    OK back on topic - night ride this week anyone?? I'm going to be free one day out of Tuesday / Wednesday and haven't been out for a week or so
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    OK back on topic - night ride this week anyone?? I'm going to be free one day out of Tuesday / Wednesday and haven't been out for a week or so
    I'm proper pee'd off :evil: I was feeling a bit better Thursday and planned a little outing on Sunday after shaking my cold but woke up on Saturday with ANOTHER BLUDDY COLD :cry:
    So it looks like I'm gonna have to stay home wrapped up nice and warm, while you burn the retinas of all the fluffy little bunnies 8) @ Blean , for another week :roll:

The wonder of having kids, I 'spose. 2 colds so far, only another 6 to squeeze in before the end of the year :shock:
  • pittpony
    That's sods law Ade. I'm actually feeling a bit crap again today so am tucking into yet another Lemsip. Ugh. Get well soon - seems like fro ever since we all had a ride!
  • looks like we are all going in to hibernation this winter. I may not have a car soon and the weather doesnt exactly push you out the door.

• pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    looks like we are all going in to hibernation this winter. I may not have a car soon and the weather doesnt exactly push you out the door.
    Tell me about it :( Rides are getting less frequent and shorter! I might have to change the goat in my avatar to an elephant ;)