XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    No it wasn't that bridge - it was the wooden one by the ponds. Very very slippery!

Think we all had post Afan blues when we came back as well!!
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    pittpony wrote:
    No it wasn't that bridge - it was the wooden one by the ponds. Very very slippery!

Think we all had post Afan blues when we came back as well!!

Thought as much, that wooden bridge was saturated on Sunday, after we stopped for pics, I think most of all almost faceplanted our handlebars pushing away!

I need to shift these blues..... any recommendations? - apart from going back this weekend!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • pittpony
    Bmjboy wrote:
    I need to shift these blues..... any recommendations? - apart from going back this weekend!
    Get out and ride!! Doesn't matter where but it made me feel better :D
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Don't forget Deadpool2e and Russalf managed a day riding at Afan and home by 9pm :twisted:
    [subliminal_mode]Just DO IT :wink:[/subliminal_mode]
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    impished wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Don't forget Deadpool2e and Russalf managed a day riding at Afan and home by 9pm :twisted:
    [subliminal_mode]Just DO IT :wink:[/subliminal_mode]

Dont tempt me, long weekend for 6 only works out at £40 each exc fuel and food....

When I get my spangly Juicy Carbon brakes on this weekend, I may just have to "officially test them" - which is what I'll tell the missus!.......... :twisted:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    pittpony wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Get out and ride!! Doesn't matter where but it made me feel better :D
    The trouble with that is that nothing round here even comes close to Afan, well unless you are one of the lucky sods who have Surry hills and swinly as your local loop :wink: Pounding round Blean just made me feel even more depressed!

No worries about tonight, my fitness is still crap so probably best i get in a few fat burning sessions on my own hammering the black route.
  • i noticed some of you guys were talking about riding in surrey. I am currently staying in reigate and just watching my enduro gather dust cos i dont have a clue were to ride were it decent ...............sounds like you may be able to help me out??
  • pittpony
    i noticed some of you guys were talking about riding in surrey. I am currently staying in reigate and just watching my enduro gather dust cos i dont have a clue were to ride were it decent ...............sounds like you may be able to help me out??
    Leith, Pitch and Holmbury Hills just outside Dorking are great riding. Box Hill is pretty good too. The first time i rode there i got a map pack from Head for the Hills (in Dorking, just near the Grove House club, down the road form Waitrose) and followed a few routes. You won't be disappointed (or if you are you've missed the best bits ;) )
  • ok so head dorking way basically , sorry prob sounds stupid but just dont know area but i do know which way doeking is....will i be ok to chuck the bike on the rack without planning?
  • pittpony
    I'd check out some of Russalf's maps if you don't fancy buying any. And have a look at Google maps - head out towards Westcott, Wotton and Peaslake. You can find a reasonable amount by just looking but you might miss the best bits. The summer lightning trail is worth a look but doesn't include all the best riding
  • cool thanks i will pm rus alfs and have a word
  • Well me and Russ had a good ride yesterday. got covered in mud and snow but had a great laught. We ended up doing Swinley Forest and Surrey Hills.

Heres some pics.

Still warm and dry we start of at Swinley
    pbpic2640032.jpg
    Russ practicing his wheelies
    pbpic2640036.jpg
    me and Russ hitting a berm.
    pbpic2640042.jpg
    pbpic2640053.jpg

But saved the best till last. Make your own mind up...... :D
    pbpic2640075.jpg

The rest can be seen here http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/album/snowy/

Cheers[/img]
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    Cool pics guys 8) Bet it was nice 'n quiet there.
    As soon as I fully shake-off this cold I wanna join you guys @ Surrey or Swinley again. Might see if I can pack some bigger balls next time too. :oops:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Well me and Russ had a good ride yesterday. got covered in mud and snow but had a great laught. We ended up doing Swinley Forest and Surrey Hills.

you guys sure do like to travel :shock:

so is anyone out for a ride this weekend then got a day off work tommorrow so i might go back up to challock :twisted:

what do you guys think of this list for this months pay check :P

Continental Explorer

Bell Slant Helmet 2009

ODI Rogue Lock On Grips

and a pair of baggy shorts :P anyone know the sizing on them?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Personally I would go for xc pro's over continentals anyday, but thats just personal preference...

And some knee protection might be an idea... 661 Kyle straights are comfy as hell!
  • stevet1992
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Personally I would go for xc pro's over continentals anyday, but thats just personal preference...

And some knee protection might be an idea... 661 Kyle straights are comfy as hell!

are they about the same price though and do they not wear down to much on concrete ?

got some 661 knee and shin protection already :D

• Well if you shop around you can find a pair for about £30, which is well worth it. They're a good favorite of xc bikes and I use mine for off road and on road, they've got very good wear and I get about 18 months use out of mine.

Ebay is your best bet as you can get pairs on there, everywhere else like wiggle seems way over priced. CRC and uk Bike Store dont seem to have them either, which I find a little strange..
  • stevet1992
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Well if you shop around you can find a pair for about £30, which is well worth it. They're a good favorite of xc bikes and I use mine for off road and on road, they've got very good wear and I get about 18 months use out of mine.

Ebay is your best bet as you can get pairs on there, everywhere else like wiggle seems way over priced. CRC and uk Bike Store dont seem to have them either, which I find a little strange..

ok cheers shall have a look about :P

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Steve, get a Giro Hex

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/103388.html

Much better looking than the Bel End helmet and offers greater protection round the back of the head.
  • stevet1992
    Ok cheers for that russ

anyone got any idea on the sizing for helmets and shorts

i know for helmets its around the widest part of the head (just above the eyebrows) but what are the limits for small medium large etc

sorry to take it away from rides :twisted: didnt really want to make a whole new thread for a few things :roll:

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    In my opinion XC Pro's are shite! They are good in bone dry conditions but anything else and you might as well have a couple of elastic bands wrapped round the rim. I am a big fan of Maxxis Highrollers in Super Tacky front and Max Pro 60 rear configuration. If you want to go skinny they do a 2.1 XC model, but i personally won't go smaller than 2.35, especially on a hardtail. The only other tire i am concidering trying is the Pannaracer Rampage, as Russ seems to begetting on well with his up front.
  • Compared the high rollers the pros are abit shite in the rain yeah, but they are widely used and many people rate them so given the fact he has a budget I doubt high rollers would a pheasable choice.
    What about those maxxies minion tyres.. I'm hearing good things about them... Dunno what theyre like for xc

Oh and andy, do you use the XC high rollers or DH ones?
  • Nick if you read this can you contact me Urgently.

I have PMed you also

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • stevet1992
    In my opinion XC Pro's are shite! They are good in bone dry conditions but anything else and you might as well have a couple of elastic bands wrapped round the rim. I am a big fan of Maxxis Highrollers in Super Tacky front and Max Pro 60 rear configuration. If you want to go skinny they do a 2.1 XC model, but i personally won't go smaller than 2.35, especially on a hardtail. The only other tire i am concidering trying is the Pannaracer Rampage, as Russ seems to begetting on well with his up front.
    i assume these are the ones your talking about ?http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Maxxis_High_Roller_Single_Ply_Casing_Tyre/5360024632/

if they are worth it i may be able to spend a little more on them and just have less left over :P

• deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick if you read this can you contact me Urgently.

I have PMed you also

dont worry drama over.

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    On a different note....Bedgebury last night, the word damp springs to mind!!!!!!! still fun though :lol:
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick if you read this can you contact me Urgently.

I have PMed you also

dont worry drama over.

Is this something to do with a certain 'txt' ... Because seriously, what on earth was that about!
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Is this something to do with a certain 'txt' ... Because seriously, what on earth was that about!
    Yep - some thieving @!*%$s stole my phone and sent that message to pretty much everyone in the address book including my Mum, sister, relatives and of course the girl i've just started seeing. Good impressions eh??!

Sorry to anyone who recieved it. I was woken 5 times last night by worried neigbours, friends and finally the police. I'm a bit tired today!!
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    Yep - some thieving @!*%$s stole my phone and sent that message to pretty much everyone in the address book including my Mum, sister, relatives and of course the girl i've just started seeing. Good impressions eh??!

Sorry to anyone who recieved it. I was woken 5 times last night by worried neigbours, friends and finally the police. I'm a bit tired today!!
    :cry: Right I'm jealous :evil:
    The thieving blaggard that nicked Nicks phone left me out :cry:

Seriously though, bad luck Nick. Where'd it get nicked from? Pub?
  • pittpony
    Ha ha you're not the only one who was left out. One of my best mates is gutted because she didn't get it either ;)

I think it was in the pub that it was taken or at least fell out of my bag and was picked up by the little scumbags :roll: