XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Anyone up for a midweek evening ride between now and Wednesday?
    I should be up for that. Let me know what day and I'll get permission. :wink:
    And I promise I won't use the words "break" and "pain" :twisted:

p.s. Nick, have you checked your carbon bar for damage after your attempt at tree felling @ Blean last week? :wink:

DOH, I've gone and done it again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    impished wrote:
    p.s. Nick, have you checked your carbon bar for damage after your attempt at tree felling @ Blean last week? :wink:

DOH, I've gone and done it again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Aagh - i just heard it snap as i read that ;) My vote is for Wednesday this week as Lost Time can make that too. Blean at 6.45? I promise to be on time if you are ;)

Any other takers? Andy??
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Hey guy's. Definately count me in for Wednesday, cold is much better now, did about 34miles around Blean the other day and Minis Bay and back today, so you could say i am back up to speed :) Glad you can make it too Paul. Do you fancy riding round Blean on a regular basis, now that you don't have your commute to work any more? I'm always up for some company :)

Russ- Sorry your holiday was pant's, i know you were looking forward to that for a while. Hope Nicki's ok now. I posted those front mech shims today, sorry it took me so long :roll:

I am getting seariousely worried for my rear hub now, that's 2 people i know it's happened to in 3 months, and i don't exactly treat my bike gently :shock: I'v already got to replace the freehub body at some point as i noticed when changing the cassette last it is looking verry second hand.
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Hmm, to attempt or not to attempt... This time with a charged phone!! :lol:
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    Wednesday 18:45 sounds good to me guys.

Paul
  • pittpony
    and i don't exactly treat my bike gently
    :lol::lol: I agree - i've seen how you treat it outside train stations when hot girls are watching :lol::lol:

Excellent - 6.45 tomorrow it is then, meeting at Rough Common for Paul's "big comeback" 8)
  • lost-time
    Glad you can make it too Paul. Do you fancy riding round Blean on a regular basis, now that you don't have your commute to work any more? I'm always up for some company :)

Yeah, should be up for that. I'll keep you posted as I'm not sure on my rotas just yet.
  • lost-time
    I can't make wednesday now as my financial advisor is coming round to sort out our re-mortgaging.

If you can do thurs or fri that'd be great, if not then I'll have to catch up with you later.

Paul
  • pittpony
    Ah - shame :( I can't do Thursday or Friday this week so will be riding on Wednesday anyway. Maybe see you next week Paul!
  • Papa Smurf
    Will you meet up with me if I meet you at the train station or the Jag place if I find it Nick?

Edit, just got a text from Ade, getting a lift back to Sittingbourne with him, that saves waiting for a hour at Ashford!! Thanks Ade, cya 2morrow!!

And yes, my damn phone will be charged! Though with how its behaving it'll probably break instead! *touches wood*
  • lost-time
    pittpony wrote:
    Ah - shame :( I can't do Thursday or Friday this week so will be riding on Wednesday anyway. Maybe see you next week Paul!

No worries Nick. Once I know which week my new rotas start from I'll be able to sort out some time for rides.

Cheers

Paul
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Will you meet up with me if I meet you at the train station or the Jag place if I find it Nick?

Edit, just got a text from Ade, getting a lift back to Sittingbourne with him, that saves waiting for a hour at Ashford!! Thanks Ade, cya 2morrow!!

And yes, my damn phone will be charged! Though with how its behaving it'll probably break instead! *touches wood*
    So you're getting a lift back with Ade but still want to meet me to show you how to get there, right? No problem at all. Do you know where the Jag garage is? It's right at the end of the High St next to the Westgate Towers. Call me if you need directions and I'll meet you there at 6.35 8)
  • Papa Smurf
    pittpony wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

So you're getting a lift back with Ade but still want to meet me to show you how to get there, right? No problem at all. Do you know where the Jag garage is? It's right at the end of the High St next to the Westgate Towers. Call me if you need directions and I'll meet you there at 6.35 8)

Got it in one Mr Nick!
    I have seen the Jag garage before, but as for how the fuck I get there I dont know... Will have a scout about if I get there early enough and will text you when I'm nearing canterbury... If you dont hear from me, either come find me at the station (where ill wait if anything goes wrong) or try giving me a ring, should be fine though,
    But all going well, I'll be at the Jag garage.. 6.35 on the dot-ish
  • andyturner28
    lost-time wrote:
    I can't make wednesday now as my financial advisor is coming round to sort out our re-mortgaging.

If you can do thurs or fri that'd be great, if not then I'll have to catch up with you later.

Paul

I am riding on Thursday if you still fancy a ride, thats asuming i don't kill myself trying to race Nick up every hill :) I can do any time that suits you from around 5:30ish.
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Got it in one Mr Nick!
    I have seen the Jag garage before, but as for how the fark I get there I dont know... Will have a scout about if I get there early enough and will text you when I'm nearing canterbury... If you dont hear from me, either come find me at the station (where ill wait if anything goes wrong) or try giving me a ring, should be fine though,
    Its a lot easier for me if you can get there as I'll be cutting it fine time-wise back from work as it is. If i swing by the East Station we'll definitely be late meeting the guys. Its either straight round the ring road or if you head over the footbridge into town its directly down the High St. Check out Google Maps - It' where Pound Lane meets St Dunstans and St Peters Place

See you tomorrow![/url]
  • Papa Smurf
    Right I shall endeavour to make one of the following trains:
    Depart: 17:08 17:28 17:32
    Arrive: 17:58 18:16 18:16
    All going well I should be there for 6, but maybe 16 past if I miss the train, should be fine for 6 though.
    Now its just finding out which train goes from rochester and which goes from chatham!

Looking forward to it now... :twisted:
  • Papa Smurf
    pittpony wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Got it in one Mr Nick!
    I have seen the Jag garage before, but as for how the fark I get there I dont know... Will have a scout about if I get there early enough and will text you when I'm nearing canterbury... If you dont hear from me, either come find me at the station (where ill wait if anything goes wrong) or try giving me a ring, should be fine though,
    Its a lot easier for me if you can get there as I'll be cutting it fine time-wise back from work as it is. If i swing by the East Station we'll definitely be late meeting the guys. Its either straight round the ring road or if you head over the footbridge into town its directly down the High St. Check out Google Maps - It' where Pound Lane meets St Dunstans and St Peters Place

See you tomorrow![/url]

Ah right the footbridge... I can find the high street easy enough from there, then will just make my way up it to the westgate.
    Will check out google maps now..
  • impished
    I am riding on Thursday if you still fancy a ride, thats asuming i don't kill myself trying to race Nick up every hill
    [egging_on]Don't worry Andy, Nick's in the full-susser gang now :P . You'll leave him for dead uphill now :wink: [/egging_on]

18:45 @ Blean.... see ya then 8)

Any lurkers? As always ALL are welcome to join me watch Nick "the mud", Andy "the goat" and Jon "the invisible" (OK, so it was only once :wink: ) try to outdo each other while sampling the, seemingly, always evolving singletrack that Blean has to offer. Oh, and this wine's quite strong. Hic :oops:
  • pittpony
    Living up to the forum name eh Ade? I don't want any 'heavy headed' excuses tomorrow ;)
  • impished
    Damn! And there was me planning on falling down the stairs tonight.... Oh, oh :shock: :shock:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Andy: Cheers mate! Started the build today, helicopter taped up to the max! lol

What size stems is everyone runnig here? i cant decide between a 90mm or 70mm.

Rode my fold up into work these past 2 days, good to be back on 2 wheels now! Shoulder feels ok except for the slight click and sharp pain everynow and then. Also still cant raise my arm past my shoulders, its already 5 weeks since i broke it tomorrow!

Have a good ride around Blean, very jealous.
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Andy: Cheers mate! Started the build today, helicopter taped up to the max! lol

What size stems is everyone runnig here? i cant decide between a 90mm or 70mm.

Rode my fold up into work these past 2 days, good to be back on 2 wheels now! Shoulder feels ok except for the slight click and sharp pain everynow and then. Also still cant raise my arm past my shoulders, its already 5 weeks since i broke it tomorrow!

Have a good ride around Blean, very jealous.

No worries :) I assume it arrived then?

Erm, i went through 5 different stems till i found one the right length :shock: What length do the full builds come with? I think in all the reviews i have read they ran 65 or 70mm. It's an all mountain frame, so i am guessing you could get away with a 60mm, it's just a case of getting used to a more upright riding position. It takes a bit of getting used to but you can put a lot more leverage through the bars, especially if you run a full width bar. If Ade can bring my old 60mm stem with him tomorrow, i'll post that off to you as well and you can see how that feels before buying the Race Face one. Oh and mine is a 65mm.
  • lost-time
    lost-time wrote:

Paul

I am riding on Thursday if you still fancy a ride, thats asuming i don't kill myself trying to race Nick up every hill :) I can do any time that suits you from around 5:30ish.

Sounds good Andy. I've not properly started my job yet so I'll be free then. No worries.
  • andyturner28
    lost-time wrote:
    lost-time wrote:

Paul

Sounds good Andy. I've not properly started my job yet so I'll be free then. No worries.

Sweet :D
  • andyturner28
    Guy's, i'v left my mobile at work, so if for some reason i am not there at 6:45 due to a mechanical on the way or something, hang around a bit as i will be there :)
  • RussAlf
    Its ALIVEEEEE

DSC_0005-vi.jpg
    DSC_0012-vi.jpg

Almost there, just missing a few bits yet.
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    Looks Sweet, Would one be so kind as to allow onesself a little ride once fixed up? :D:D

BTW what does the front derailleur fit to, can not see anything in the photo?
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    Of course you can! should be allready by the weekend hopefully if the bits i need arrive.

Mech fits on here:
    DSC_0003-vi.jpg[/url]
  • andyturner28
    NIICE! The VIP frame looks so much better than the fully built bikes, you'v got me tempted again now. The head angle looks a lot slacker than i thought it would. I was worried it would be a lot steaper than the Trance, especially aspecially knowing how much you love steep downhills. That would be perfect if you get Pikes. Is it within the realms of posibility that one might also blag a ride at some point :)
  • pittpony
    That's looking really nice Russ. I still have electrical tape on mine as i ran out of zip ties but was desperate to get out and ride it :lol: Unfortunately i guess that's not no1 priority for you at the moment with the shoulder. Are you still hoping to be OK for your expected comeback time?

Had a good ride round Blean last night. It's so dry there at the moment! Found a couple of new (well, new to me) trails just by taking a few turns and exploring. Quite an eventful evening, plenty of thrills and spills!