XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    lost-time wrote:
    Andy,

Are you still riding tonight? I may be able to make it for wednesday night too as I should finish work by 5.

Yep still riding tonight, going to be a damp one though me thinks :roll:

Hmmmm I think you may be right...Long sleeve jobby too...to help ward of the mosquitos...!
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Ade- do you fancy riding tonight? And did you get my text last night?
    Can't ride tonight. I'm grabbing the mech hanger tonight and then gonna frantically put it all together and sort the shifting ready for tomorrow evening. :roll: And no text received.
  • impished
    Wednesday @ Blean @ 18:45 is ON
    I've got a working bike again :P

I do hope no one near Blean is planning an early night or has a new baby, cos that brand spanking new hub sounds like a gatling gun at full pelt :shock: :twisted:
    Wow, I wonder if it'll ever quieten down :wink:
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    impished wrote:
    Wednesday @ Blean @ 18:45 is ON
    I've got a working bike again :P

I do hope no one near Blean is planning an early night or has a new baby, cos that brand spanking new hub sounds like a gatling gun at full pelt :shock: :twisted:
    Wow, I wonder if it'll ever quieten down :wink:
    Cool :D Lets go back to plan a and meet in the usual place, as my directions appear to be as bad as ever :roll: Paul is hopefully coming too if he can get out of work in time. We had an awsome ride round Thorndon today, and i think we should do the same tomorrow. You guy's will love it!
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Great news about the bike Ade 8)

Thornden sounds good for tomorrow as it's been a while since i was over there. 6.45 at the usual place then :D
  • impished
    Thorndon sounds good. Good to hear Lost-Time's gonna come along. 8) Any one else?

BTW, anyone got a decent set of cable/outer cutters I can borrow? :oops:
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    Thorndon sounds good. Good to hear Lost-Time's gonna come along. 8) Any one else?

BTW, anyone got a decent set of cable/outer cutters I can borrow? :oops:
    Yeah i have some decent ones, i'll bring them along tomorrow.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    So jealous your all going for a ride, tomorrow i will be playing with my new helmet camera so expect some test videos.

Good news about the bike all fixed Ade. You get used to the noise after a while, it comes in handy when you gota get past walkers.
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    So jealous your all going for a ride, tomorrow i will be playing with my new helmet camera so expect some test videos.

Good news about the bike all fixed Ade. You get used to the noise after a while, it comes in handy when you gota get past walkers.
    I see the Meta's neerly finnished, have you ridden it yet? I am sure you wouldn't let the lack of saddle and seatpost stop you :wink: I had a quick go on Pauls the other day. Verry nice! I might be getting me an 09 frame hopefully before the end of the year. Although i keep finding myself looking on the Santa Cruz site a lot lately :roll:
  • lost-time
    Yep, should be out of work by 17:00ish so that should give me time to do some shopping on the way home too.

With all these Hope Pro 2 hubs we will have to freewheel in unison at the same speed just to get the most of the clicks... :roll: 8)
  • pittpony
    The Invisible Man (Papasmurf) will be joining us later.

/\ /\ Hopefully you won't be living up to your new nickname again Jon ;)

I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't been out in a week and am getting a bit twitchy not having exercised for a few days!
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Well seems my new nickname is stuck eh :lol:
    Of course if anyone asks how I got it, I'll just have to say I'm such a super duper rider than I leave you lot in my dust :lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    Nearly
  • RussAlf
    there!
  • RussAlf
    there!

100!!!!!!!!!
  • impished
    LOL!!!
    I've been resisting the temptation all night!!!! At last I can forget about the elusive 100th-page-1st-post. :wink:
  • RussAlf
    hahaa i stole your glory!
  • impished
    So... :roll: the race to 200 begins :twisted:
  • andyturner28
    Dough, you beat me to it! I was going to string a whole sentance over several post's :)
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Now would be a good time for Neil aka Thorpy82 to turn up :lol:

And for those of you who don't know.. In my efforts to put together a new trail, I came across a long puddle which a land rover had made. Started out fine with the water about 2 inches from my disk brakes. Next it covered my crankset and shortly after I could only see my stem bar - Of course I won't mention this if you lot was ever to ride said trail... :lol:
    Oh and yes, I got quite rightly f**king soaked :lol:
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Now would be a good time for Neil aka Thorpy82 to turn up :lol:

And for those of you who don't know.. In my efforts to put together a new trail, I came across a long puddle which a land rover had made. Started out fine with the water about 2 inches from my disk brakes. Next it covered my crankset and shortly after I could only see my stem bar - Of course I won't mention this if you lot was ever to ride said trail... :lol:
    Oh and yes, I got quite rightly f**king soaked :lol:
    Lol p*ssed myself laughing when i got your text ;) Hope you had a good ride aside from the impromptu bath :D
  • andyturner28
    I have just looked back over 14 pages of the rides section, and we'r beating the next biggest thread by 44 pages :D ! It must be one of the biggest threads on the whole forum!
  • impished
    As long as we keep posting "off-topic"/pee'd-up/bored posts we should keep well...
  • impished
    ....ahead of all other threads :wink:

(BTW, if you try to do a comedy-one-after-the-other-post ignore the "can't post so soon please try again warning"! I just posted this 8 times!!! Lucky you can delete your posts :roll: )
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    Girls in Lycra thread is still going strong at about page 127. not that i have been looking or anything :evil:

Thought i would getin on page 100 as well :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    hmm not seen that thread, will have to look later heh

perhaps this is off topic as its not kent but my ride on the Downs last night wasnt great due to my friends freewheel dying after about 4 miles! Made worse by the fact the idiot knew it was going as it was slipping at the weekend, he had bought a new one but didnt fit it as his girlfriend told him to do the hoovering! Pathetic! Still had some fun on the downhills though!
  • impished
    BREEZER wrote:
    perhaps this is off topic as its not kent but my ride on the Downs last night
    Any pics?
  • lost-time
    Did you guys ride last (thursday night)?

Andy, sorry for wussing out on wednesday...I didn't have any energy. I realised afterwards that I'd only eaten 1x Kellogs ellevenses, 2x bananas, 1x satsuma and a couple of slices of malt loaf all day. That on top of running around on my new job plus the fact that on tuesday night after our ride I only had a 'light' salad... I must have been totally bonked. And after cactching my handlebar in my mouth after our portage section I had lost all incentive to ride...! Oh well, lesson learnt!

Catch up with you soon

Paul
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Got some video footage but the camera doesnt like the dark :(

Sadly I wasnt filming when my friend reinacted that famous Morris Minor (?) scene from Fawly Towers and started attacking the back of his bike with a large stick in an attempt to get the freewheel to engage :lol: