XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• hi well im in goodnestone which is near wingham i was just looking for a few tracks to change the ride home from canterbury but ill check out google earth cheers for that
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    anyone fancy a ride Monday morning? Bedgebury maybe? (need to get over my demons)
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    deadpool2e wrote:
    anyone fancy a ride Monday morning? Bedgebury maybe? (need to get over my demons)

Would love to, but working :evil: What demons have you got anyway? Everyone's slipped on the odd bridge or two, they used to scare the crap out of me. Just need to get used to north shore though, me thinks Goodwood might just do that :) Is it August yet?
  • andyturner28
    hi well im in goodnestone which is near wingham i was just looking for a few tracks to change the ride home from canterbury but ill check out google earth cheers for that
    Sorry mate, can't help you there. There is a lot of woodland round there though so there must be loads! As the saying goes, "seek and ye shall find" :)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    deadpool2e wrote:

Sorry mate ill be lying on a Beach in Kefalonia :lol:
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e wrote:

Would love to, but working :evil: What demons have you got anyway? Everyone's slipped on the odd bridge or two, they used to scare the crap out of me. Just need to get used to north shore though, me thinks Goodwood might just do that :) Is it August yet?

Yes i love a bit of northshore, just joking about the Demons.

Russ are you taking the Girlfriend with you or the Meta? Tough choice :D

Oh well looks like im going on my own then..

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    I would if I could get there, work really near maidstone too.. But not a clue where I'm going from there.. What time was you thinking?
  • deadpool2e
    About 10 ish

• Papa Smurf
    Am? Be at work :(

You dont work mondays do you?
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    hi well im in goodnestone which is near wingham i was just looking for a few tracks to change the ride home from canterbury but ill check out google earth cheers for that
    Stuart - I sometimes pass through that way on my Canterbury - Sandwich commute. I've not found a lot of non-road routes round there but have spotted some woodland tracks and jumps just off Keeper's Hill, Bekesbourne. I'll be checking it out at some point when i have time so will let you know what i find
  • pittpony
    Well here it is, after a lot of messing around I have my new full sus together. Thanks Russ for deciding to upgrade your frame!
    2685206135_700a7b2d34.jpg
    2685217059_ea748f09fa.jpg
    Still have to see if i can extend the ebas to 115mm but so far I'm over the moon with it :D

So who fancies a ride one evening this week???
  • cheers pittpony i mite go that one one evening and have a look around there
  • deadpool2e
    Nice looking bike there Im sure she will be in better hands than its last owner :D

love to come for a ride but you lot all work when i can ride :(

• pittpony
    Lol i'll be sure to look after her!! I've just had a go at the forks and now have 115mm travel on the front.

Couldn't resist going for a quick blast round town so spent the last half hour in Sainsbury's car park hopping up and down kerbs then went to find every set of steps i could think of (all of 2 flights) to ride down. Also found a steep grass bank with a draincover dropoff to play on and a lot of speed bumps to jump over. Basically i've been behaiving like a 10 year old :D

Anyway, why oh why could Russ not sell me his frame sooner? I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to get out and give it a proper blast off road 8)
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    OK. Now I'm getting scared!!!!! :shock:
    I normally look forward to the mid-week rides, but I've got a funny feeling we're gonna need the St Johns ambulance to follow us round from now on :roll:

It's gonna be a massacre when Russ is back on the scene and we all get out :wink:

Looking good though Nick 8)
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Lol i'll be sure to look after her!! I've just had a go at the forks and now have 115mm travel on the front.

Couldn't resist going for a quick blast round town so spent the last half hour in Sainsbury's car park hopping up and down kerbs then went to find every set of steps i could think of (all of 2 flights) to ride down. Also found a steep grass bank with a draincover dropoff to play on and a lot of speed bumps to jump over. Basically i've been behaiving like a 10 year old :D

Anyway, why oh why could Russ not sell me his frame sooner? I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to get out and give it a proper blast off road 8)
    So you like it then :lol: Hmm its ok, i'v seen better........i'm not jelouse at all.......much :wink:

I will hopefully be up for a ride towards the end of the week. Got a bloody cold at the moment, a verry unwelcome present from my boss! Next time she want's to give me a present it had better be a pay rise, or a full suss frame, then i'll be faster than the lot of you :wink:
  • impished
    Nick, I'm good for any evening except Thursday, so let me know when you wanna go test your new pogo-stick. :wink: We'll have to brave the "bramble trail" where Andy ruined his brand-new £80 shorts :shock: and see how much faster you can get down the following sections :twisted: Honestly, I won't egg you on :roll:
  • pittpony
    Maybe see how you feel on Wednesday then Andy. I won't be able to make it on Thursday/Friday as i'm away for a long weekend. I might head out tomorrow evening if there are any other takers for a blast round Blean??
  • impished
    I'm good for Blean tonight or tomorrow Nick. Gotta get your new toy muddy :twisted:
  • deadpool2e
    Just got back from Bedgebury and had a really good ride. Did my Personal Best time of 44:40 seconds which includes the new sections so well happy about that. Dialed in my Jumps on the Jump track (up and down for about a hour) then meet a guy who showed me a secret trail which ends at the car park which was very good and twisty. so all in all a wicked ride and its Nice weather. :D Im well up for what ever August holds now. :twisted:

Oh well im off to clean the bike now.

• impished
    Hope you can feel the daggers-of-jealousy heading your way :evil: :wink:

We need to sort a weekend at Bedgebury soon. Just to keep Russ happy :lol:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    I'm good for Blean tonight or tomorrow Nick. Gotta get your new toy muddy :twisted:
    Tomorrow would be good for me. I'm riding home from work tonight and have made the mistake of trying a Blean trip after the commute before :cry: How about 6.45pm at the usual place? Anyone else fancy it?
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Just got back from Bedgebury and had a really good ride. Did my Personal Best time of 44:40 seconds which includes the new sections so well happy about that. Dialed in my Jumps on the Jump track (up and down for about a hour) then meet a guy who showed me a secret trail which ends at the car park which was very good and twisty. so all in all a wicked ride and its Nice weather. :D Im well up for what ever August holds now. :twisted:

Oh well im off to clean the bike now.
    Don't let Russ hear you talk about Bedgebury like that - he'll disown you! Glad you had a good one. That last section sounds interesting and much better than the fireroad route back.
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    I'm riding home from work tonight and have made the mistake of trying a Blean trip after the commute before
    Don't get lazy now :wink: Remember the South Downs 8) . Last week I rode from home to Blean, had a little 6 mile blast round there and then rode home!!! :twisted: 42miles when I only intended to do half an hour... :roll:

Tuesday 6:45pm @ Blean car park sounds good to me.
    Come on :!: Anyone else fancy coming along. All welcome.
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    PITTPONY wrote:
    I'm riding home from work tonight and have made the mistake of trying a Blean trip after the commute before
    Don't get lazy now :wink: Remember the South Downs 8) . Last week I rode from home to Blean, had a little 6 mile blast round there and then rode home!!! :twisted: 42miles when I only intended to do half an hour... :roll:

Tuesday 6:45pm @ Blean car park sounds good to me.
    Come on :!: Anyone else fancy coming along. All welcome.
    Lol yeah i really should get out on my bike a bit more! ;) The problem was that I'd ridden to work that morning, absolutely caned it back home and then met up with the mountain goat for "a quick lap of the black route". Needless to say 2 miles in he was a little dot on the horizon and my legs felt like they were coming off :oops:

Anyway, i have an excuse tonight as someone is coming round to look at my spare room later. Fingers crosed they take it and i can actually afford the bike i've just built!!!

All good for tomorrow then 8)
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Maybe see how you feel on Wednesday then Andy. I won't be able to make it on Thursday/Friday as i'm away for a long weekend. I might head out tomorrow evening if there are any other takers for a blast round Blean??

I'm not grtting me hopes up as it only really manifested itself on Friday. I'm so pissed off because i intended getting back to riding every day again like i did last summer. I'v been really lazy lately and been eating loads of crap, and according to our scales have put on half a stone :shock: !
  • pittpony
    I'm not grtting me hopes up as it only really manifested itself on Friday. I'm so pissed off because i intended getting back to riding every day again like i did last summer. I'v been really lazy lately and been eating loads of crap, and according to our scales have put on half a stone :shock: !
    Bad timing eh Andy? :( I'm guessing we won't see you tonight then! So far its me and Ade. Anyone else want to sample the delights of Blean? Should be nice and fast rolling after the reasonably dry weather we've been having 8)

Stuart - last night i checked out the bit of woodland near Bekesbourne i mentioned. It turned out to be a very short man made "downhill" section with rudimentary berms, dropoffs and a jump at the bottom. Quite good fun for 10 minutes playing but not enough to revolutionise the ride home. Worth stopping by to have a look though. There were some other promising looking tracks across the road so i'll be checking those out soon.
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Bad timing eh Andy? :( I'm guessing we won't see you tonight then!
    Not unless you want to see me actually cough up a lung :shock: Oh well, have a good one guys and we'll catch up next week. Anyone up for a BBH ride?
  • deadpool2e
    I am up for a BBH ride on sunday If anyone else is? Early please :D

• Papa Smurf
    I can make that... Time not a problem
  • Ok cheers nick ill go that way on thursday on my way back from work if i've still got the energy. and i mite pop along to blean one evening if i get my bike in the back of my car ill let u know