XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Brilliant... thanks loads for all that info... I'll keep an eye on this thread and would love to join you for some tree bashing :lol:

I'll probably check out Blean first this weekend as it's close to me... I live in Greenhithe so just a short trip down the A2! Will the tracks be easy to find?

Thanks again!

Mark
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    The only marked trails at Blean are dog-walking trails.
    Russ and Lost-Time have posted a couple of GPS maps earlier in this thread, but basically if you get on the fire-road at the car park take a nice slow ride back towards the main road and keep an eye out for breaks in the trees on the right. Then the fun begins :twisted:
    And it the same if you head away from the main road on the fire-road. Just keep looking for breaks in trees. :shock:
    On your first few visits it'll probably be a voyage of discovery, but you'll soon find lots of sections to stitch together to make a ride of whatever length you wish.

Have fun, and we'll see you soon.
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Well not sure about you lot but I'm up for a ride this weekend....
  • Papa Smurf
    Just a thought for future rides, as in weekend trips...

Boxhill to Maidstone and off from there
    Devils Punch Bowl
    And I've forgotten the other one...

Was wondering it it's worth maybe trying to co-ordinate a universal ride as it were... Somewhere centrail, riders from all over meet up and we go from there... Kinda like us lot meeting the Cornwall lot halfway....
  • impished
    Hmmm, that might be an interesting idea Papa. 8)
    We could go for a mass forum ride. Try to take-over a small village somehere :twisted:
  • Papa Smurf
    impished wrote:
    Hmmm, that might be an interesting idea Papa. 8)
    We could go for a mass forum ride. Try to take-over a small village somehere :twisted:

Abit like the Hells Angels, only not as butch but way way cooler 8) :lol:
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    Hey guys, Any one fancy doing cobham woods this sunday?
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I will be up for this, what time were you thinking of on Sunday, don't forget a few of the guys are doing the South Downs this weekend as well.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Yeah will have to miss this one out but will definitely be up for next time :D
  • Papa Smurf
    I'm in, whether it snows or not!
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    im out due to mechanicals (Bearings have gone on swingarm? :? )
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    Cool were going to meet at 9am at the three crutches carpark in strood my mobile number is 07812125354 please post on the medway ride to confirm if your coming :lol:
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Bottom of the page for the reivew on south down way ride

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12559591&start=75
  • pittpony
    Hi all,

Anyone riding this weekend? I haven't seen anything posted on the Kent Trails website but was thinking of joining up if they are riding locally. Or does anyone have other plans?
  • Papa Smurf
    I wouldn't mind heading up Shorne again, check out the Medway thread...

Up for it?
  • pittpony
    Nice one. Should be able to make it. Anyone riding on Saturday?
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    pittpony wrote:
    Hi all,

Anyone riding this weekend? I haven't seen anything posted on the Kent Trails website but was thinking of joining up if they are riding locally. Or does anyone have other plans?

Kent_Trails rides are a bit all over the place for the next few weeks as me and Geoff are off MTBing in Spain and Michael is off to Cuba....

This is a copy+paste email for the forthcoming rides....

Hi,

A bit of an early planning for the next few weeks but as I am away, some people have agreed to take on the rides:
    Thursday 17 Blean woods - Night riding. Meeting by the University Sport fields (Canterbury University) at 6.00pm
    A 1h30 to 2 hour ride in the surrounding woods - Led by Matt
    Saturday 19 Mereworth Woods - Parking at Wateringbury train station at 2.00pm (Free parking)
    Train station is 3 miles East of Maidstone on the A26. Ride lead by Marcus with mainly off road with riding in the various woods in/around Mereworth/Wateringbury. Led by Marcus

Sunday 20 Rough Common (Blean Nature Reserve Carpark) @ 10.00am
    A 3 hour ride in the woods led by Matt

Thursday 24

Blean woods - Night riding. Meeting by the University Sport fields (Canterbury University) at 6.00pm

Saturday 26 Rough Common (Blean Nature Reserve Carpark) @ 2.00pm
    A 3 hour ride in the woods led by Paul
    Sunday 27 Kearsney Abbey carpark (Dover) at 10.00am
    A ride taking you on the ups and downs around Dover - Ride led by Geoff
    Thursday 1 Blean woods - Night riding. Meeting by the University Sport fields (Canterbury University) at 6.00pm

Saturday 3
    Rough Common (Blean Nature Reserve Carpark) @ 2.00pm
    A 3 hour ride in the woods led by Matt
    Sunday 4 Gorrick Enduro Challenge - Swinley Forest (Please check the Gorrick Website for start times)
    If you haven't entered this event before, it is well worth it as the trails are just amazing.Complete up to seven laps of the notorious ten mile course as it winds its way through Swinley, Surrey Hill and Crowthorne Woods.

We would appreciate if you could make every effort to attend the above rides and support the people leading them.
    Best regards,

Michael.

Hope this makes sense.

Paul
  • Thanks Paul. Are you not working today? not polishing the bike all day again?
    Thanks Paul. Are you not working today? not polishing the bike all day again?

Thats right Michael, got a day off! Just had to spend a small fortune on the Commy *insert randon insult about 'French' bikes*. New rear cassette and shifter....(long story about the shifter but too embarrassing for the internet!)
    The amount I've spent this month on bikes could solve a third world countries international debt!

Anyway, it's all ready for Spain now.

Have a good trip and I'll see you on the day of Wales. I'll email you before then anyway.

Paul
  • Hi are these definitely happening ?

Saturday 19 Mereworth Woods - Parking at Wateringbury train station at 2.00pm ( Marcus

I could do with getting out this weekend, are these open to all & anyone going ?

Thanks
  • pittpony
    waxwobbler wrote:
    Hi are these definitely happening ?

Saturday 19 Mereworth Woods - Parking at Wateringbury train station at 2.00pm ( Marcus

I could do with getting out this weekend, are these open to all & anyone going ?

Thanks
    Check the Kent Trails website for information but i think if they say a ride is on then it is definitely on. Would come along myself if i was around this weekend :(
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Weve not had a ride together for ages.
  • deadpool2e
    Id like to come along also this weeked but im away.....in wales for a week at Afan :D (if i manage to fix my bike) why is it when you plan to go out everything seems to go wrong on your bike????

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Papa Smurf
    Anyone up for getting out this weekend then?
  • pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Id like to come along also this weeked but im away.....in wales for a week at Afan :D (if i manage to fix my bike) why is it when you plan to go out everything seems to go wrong on your bike????
    Hope you get the bike fixed Mark. What's wrong with it? You'll have to let me know what Afan is like. I've been put in charge of organising a university reunion and couldn't beleive my luck when my mates suggested Wales. Cheque went in the post this morning to secure our accommodation 10 mins from Afan for a long weekend :D:D:D I just hope they (and I) can handle the trails!

Like i say John, not likely to be about this weekend so probably won't be joining you for a ride :(
  • deadpool2e
    Well where do I start........ Bearings went on sus pivot. Chain has stretched and also worn out rear cassette and I am got to set up tubeless. All as long as wiggle send me all my stuff before Saturday.Its like your bike knows.......... :shock:

will let you know what its like and hopefully put some pics and vids up on pinkbike once im back, i feel like a little kid and can not wait :D doing skyline on Tuesday (longest trail) so hopefully weather will be good

• DH legend
    DH legend Posts: 27
    Bike ride this weekend Sunday 20th check out the website for full info. :D
    www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org

We are a relaxed chilled bunch of riders and enjoy getting muddy, any one with a bike who wants to give it a go is welcome.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Anyone fancy BBH next Sunday. Still haven't ridden there yet so want to see what all the fuss is about :)

Andy.
  • impished
    DHLEGEND wrote:
    Bike ride this weekend Sunday 20th check out the website for full info.
    www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
    Thanks for the invite. 8) Not sure the missus would be too impressed if I said "l8rs love, just off to Cornwall for a quick ride!!!!" :roll:
    I'm sure it'll be easy for the Cornwall Volunteers :wink:
  • pittpony
    I see you've got the new bike pic on your profile now Andy 8)

Probably not going to be good for BBH either this Sunday or next. I really need to start getting my priorities right and riding at the weekends more!!!