XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    BB is good as new Russ :D There were some pretty dry bits when i took it off so covered everything i could find with grease. Cleaned and regreased the headset for good measure and hey presto no more creaking!! 8)

Just had an hour round Blean. It's really drying out nicely now and there are some nice quick sections. Nowhere near as quick as BBH though :shock:
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Tis nice n wet up there lads.... And if it rains tonight your gonna be slipping and sliding everywhere. If it is resonably muddy up there, take care on the DH run by the viewpoint... I've been down that on about 1 hours worth of rain and nearly didin't come out alive.

Shame I'm gonna miss it, but then again, I'm free from here on out....
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Good news about BB, we will have to go up to blean sometime and just explore and try to figure out a really good loop.

Ive done this for tomorrow, shows only 18miles but it will be more. Scroll overt to see whole pic.
    BBHSuggest.jpg

If it doesnt work go here

http://public.fotki.com/russalford/mountain-biking/gps-logged-rides/bbhsuggest.html

Let me know what you think.
  • pittpony
    Nice looking route Russ 8) Do we really have to go down those steps again though :wink::lol: Only kidding - i need to redeem myself after the last attempt!

Am i still ok for a lift tomorrow? What time shall i come round?
  • RussAlf
    Yes the steps are a vital part of the route, they are steps though so you can walk down them lol, i however will be going as fast as i can.

Outside mine for 7:30?

Look on BBC weather on 24hours and it says its due to stop raining at 03:00 and at 09:00 we should have sun!
  • pittpony
    If i recall last time SBezza (i think) and i were considerably braver than anyone else with those steps. I didn't see anyone else try to go down them headfirst without a bike ;) :oops:

7.30 it is. Glad the weather looks OK. it was a bit miserable out this afternoon but at least it didn't rain too hard
  • pittpony
    Great ride again today - thanks guys. One of the best yet i reckon :D I'm still buzzing from that last downhill section with the small steps and BIG rocks!

Thanks for sorting out the route Russ (and for the lift)! I think we're really starting to get a feel for the place now 8)
  • Papa Smurf
    And while you was all playing chase in the woods, I was screaming, running and shooting, alot.
    2 shots to the ar*e later and I'm ready to go biking.... :lol:
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    Super Ride today, some nice technical bits and super fast downhill :D and the weather was nice.

Enjoyed it alot and as said before there are a few more routes we could try or do some bits the opposite way around.

and we only had 2 punctures at the begining :shock:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    Wicked ride! I agree Mark i feel we still have plenty of routes to try and explore and some of the ways could be done better the other way round. Soon we will have an excellent loop though!

Lips fairly sore now lol, found a nasty cut on my leg to.

Heres the ride in big:

http://images35.fotki.com/v1130/fileRywE/3dbdc/8/886335/5854622/BBH90308.jpg

If that doesnt work then go here:

http://public.fotki.com/RussAlford/mountain-biking/gps-logged-rides/bbh90308.html
  • pittpony
    I could sit and look at those maps all evening Russ. I really should get out more ;)

Hope the lip is feeling a bit less sore soon! BBH is bad for your health - just ask Ade!
  • deadpool2e
    BTW anyone who came last time, Ade managed to find a cycle computer (whilst looking for a tooth and a light he lost last time :shock: ) that we recalled someone lost last time. If you PM me your address i will post it to you free of charge :D .

Again Blood good ride :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    pittpony wrote:
    If i recall last time SBezza (i think) and i were considerably braver than anyone else with those steps. I didn't see anyone else try to go down them headfirst without a bike ;) :oops:

Yeah that was me, anyhow more fun trying to fly down the steps LOL. Glad you all had a good ride, weather was quite nice today luckily.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Yeah, I enjoyed todays ride. And I didn't hurt myself!!!! Bonus :wink:

check this out Maybe I could try that for a new bike :shock:
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    BTW anyone who came last time, Ade managed to find a cycle computer (whilst looking for a tooth and a light he lost last time :shock: ) that we recalled someone lost last time. If you PM me your address i will post it to you free of charge :D .

Again Blood good ride :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Good to hear you all had a great ride. Mark,incase you still have the computer i seem to recall Noo Noo saying he lost his which he discovered shortly after Ade head butted his bike! :lol:
  • Papa Smurf
    Anyone riding this weekend?
  • impished
    I won't be about, the missus has booked me for something called d...i...y... :shock:
    Oh, and "quality family time" whatever that means :?
  • RussAlf
    Working nights this weekend :(
  • Papa Smurf
    Anyone else up for a ride around BBH then?
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    I'd love to but guess what, bloody working as well, and next weekend! I'd be up for a BBH ride on Sat 28th though, as i want to ride with Kent-Trails on the Sunday.

Andy.
  • deadpool2e
    edited March 2008
    Sorry i can no do this weekend as i have to do the same as Impished and put in some family time :roll: and the week after will prob not be out as well cause its easter and im going to eat sh*t loads of £1 easter eggs from woolworths :D:D Oh and i also have to work.......

• pittpony
    I won't be riding this weekend as i'm off to the midlands to visit family :(
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I am away this weekend visiting family as well.
  • Papa Smurf
    So, who's up for a ride next weekend ???
  • Papa Smurf
    Well, with the rather heavy fog around Boxley, the rain from BBH to Boxley and the excessive mud in Boxley... I think you missed out of a very good ride, and a very very messy one :lol:

Praise the lord for Maxxis Tyres! I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for them!
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Well, with the rather heavy fog around Boxley, the rain from BBH to Boxley and the excessive mud in Boxley... I think you missed out of a very good ride, and a very very messy one :lol:

Praise the lord for Maxxis Tyres! I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for them!
    Lol sounds like i missed a good ride :D Not sure about next week yet, will let you know
  • Papa Smurf
    Yeah it was quite good and jesus christ it was muddy! Found a way up onto the actual boxley hill racing bit, which is quite fun to come back down as it's lots of chalk, steps and a few gates to get through/go round. Nice view n all..
  • Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm in the process of fixing up my bike and am looking for some Kent based riders to join for some riding adventures :lol:

I used to ride allot and am very excited to get back in the saddle... literally! It looks as though there are some great rides in the North Downs but would need help and was wondering if I can join you for a ride... or maybe you can point me in the right direction for clubs in Kent?

:wink:
  • pittpony
    Goldieboy5 wrote:
    Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm in the process of fixing up my bike and am looking for some Kent based riders to join for some riding adventures :lol:

I used to ride allot and am very excited to get back in the saddle... literally! It looks as though there are some great rides in the North Downs but would need help and was wondering if I can join you for a ride... or maybe you can point me in the right direction for clubs in Kent?

:wink:
    You're more than welcome to join us - can't promise we'll be able to show you where to go though ;) It's very much "everyone welcome" and we ride at a moderate pace. Keep an eye on this thread to see when the next ride will be :D
  • impished
    Hi Goldieboy,
    Don't know what's happening this weekend yet...
    Keep an eye on this thread though, as we'll DEFINITELY be out and about, BBH or Blean, soon.
    And YES everybody's welcome to come a long and watch me crash! (although Russ did try to eat a tree last weekend!!! :twisted: )

As for clubs, check out Kent-Trails
    Have you tried Bedgebury? Have a look here
    Or get yourself down to Blean and just explore the huge expanse of hidden singletrack trails there.