XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Guys

Limped back to the car park with my front end making some strange noises! Three spokes lost as well as my computer and my front pads faded to nothing!

Looks like a bit of maintenance needed this week.

Ade, think I found a bit of your chin on my front wheel. Let me have your address and I'll post it back! Seriously, hope the face is OK......

Really enjoyed the ride today, the hills where epic! Looking forward to a bit of Blean action when anyone fancies it.

:wink:
    Keep it locked or be distressed!
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Lol no wonder Ade's jaw was hurting after he took such a large bite out of your wheel ;):lol:

Will be over at Blean before too much longer - I'll let you know when!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Thanks for a great ride, apart from my off towards the end, having a bit of difficulty in walking at the mo, even had a trip to A&E to make sure everything was OK, as the pain was quite bad. Might not be riding for a week or two, until all the swelling goes down, but I will hopefully not have the same problem with the steps in the future.

Hope you are OK as well Ade, it did seem quite a nasty impact.

Once again thanks for letting a unfit guy join in, look forward to the next time.

Steve
  • pittpony
    SBezza wrote:
    Thanks for a great ride, apart from my off towards the end, having a bit of difficulty in walking at the mo, even had a trip to A&E to make sure everything was OK, as the pain was quite bad. Might not be riding for a week or two, until all the swelling goes down, but I will hopefully not have the same problem with the steps in the future.

Hope you are OK as well Ade, it did seem quite a nasty impact.

Once again thanks for letting a unfit guy join in, look forward to the next time.

Steve
    Your crash was pretty spectacular - just didn't realise quite how much you managed to hurt yourself! Hope you're back on the bike soon and we see you next time! :D
  • Ade, why were you trying to eat Noo Noo's front wheel? Hasn't anyone ever told you rubber isn't eadible :lol: Seariousely though, details, details! Sound's like you had a bit of a bloodfest today. If it is any consolation i have a crushed little finger from a bar/ finger/ tree incident (680mm bars are just too wide for XC!) and lot's of new scratches and brueses, and i feel completely f***ed. Think i did 40miles including riding too and from Blean.

Andy.
  • I reckon we should make a ride date for the 16th.... Next weekend would be too close for some, am busy the 9th so maybe we should go on the 17th and see who can make it...
    Not sure if anyone else needs some endurance practice too...

What do you think?
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    If it is any consolation i have a crushed little finger from a bar/ finger/ tree incident
    I normally go for crushed toe, personally. :twisted:
    Oh, and I've started trying to break my jaw too :wink:
    All in all, we did well yesterday. I've got jaw ache, headache, ankle-ache and I think I've re-broken a rib :shock: .
    But I'm still smiling. Albeit a very small smile :)
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I'd be up for a ride on the 16th or 17th, will be back fighting fit by then. Actually the pain is no where near as bad as it was yesterday, can walk pretty good at the mo,hopefully back on the bike before the end of the week.
  • Hi All,

Was looking at getting involved in some of the night rides (kent trails)

I have a helmet now!! But was just wandering what type of lights would be suitable.

I know there have been various discussions on here about Fenix lights etc.....

Would my standard Cat eye lights be suitable?? Or pretty useless?

I just have the standard cateye front light....which doesn't give off an awful lot,!!

Any advice welcome.
    Cheers.
  • Ayup lights seem to get good reviews. Not cheap, mind. Was tempted to get a pair myself, but now that the evenings are getting lighter it may make sense to hold on for a bit and pick up some bargains before the nights draw in again in a few months.
    http://www.ayup.com.au/uk-shop-kits.html
    Andy - The Expat Cyclist in Germany
    '07/'08 Cotic Soul
    '96 Scott Vail
    '89 Ridgeback Rapide 105
  • impished wrote:
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    If it is any consolation i have a crushed little finger from a bar/ finger/ tree incident
    I normally go for crushed toe, personally. :twisted:
    Oh, and I've started trying to break my jaw too :wink:

Done the crushed toe thing before. REALLY hurt, managed to split my toenail down the middle!

So how did you come to be munching his tire then? Or is this a "what happens in BBH stays in BBH" thing :)
  • Hawksie,
    Depend what your budget is. Have been using Light&Motion solo logic mounted on helmet (another good use for it!) for the last 3 years. More than enough (13W halogen) to go around the singletracks in Blean and last 2h10 on 13W setting.

Michael
    Hawksie wrote:
    Hi All,

Was looking at getting involved in some of the night rides (kent trails)

I have a helmet now!! But was just wandering what type of lights would be suitable.

I know there have been various discussions on here about Fenix lights etc.....

Would my standard Cat eye lights be suitable?? Or pretty useless?

I just have the standard cateye front light....which doesn't give off an awful lot,!!

Any advice welcome.
    Cheers.

Which cat eye lights do you have? I had some Cat-eyes with a Fenix torch on my helmet and it was good enough for solo night rides
  • impished
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    So how did you come to be munching his tire then? Or is this a "what happens in BBH stays in BBH" thing
    I think I was abducted by mind-probing aliens and dumped at the top of a very steep hill. So as I rolled down, in my altered state, I forgot to use the brakes and try to cast anchor instead. I didn't have an anchor. Only a head :shock:
    The other guys would probably tell you I tried to be 16 again and do a short bit of DH and I should've known better after the previous weekends tree-cuddling incedent :roll:

Sbezza and Pittpony tried somersaulting down some steps too.

You should come to the next "nice gentle" ride we do :twisted:
  • impished wrote:
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    So how did you come to be munching his tire then? Or is this a "what happens in BBH stays in BBH" thing
    I think I was abducted by mind-probing aliens and dumped at the top of a very steep hill. So as I rolled down, in my altered state, I forgot to use the brakes and try to cast anchor instead. I didn't have an anchor. Only a head :shock:
    The other guys would probably tell you I tried to be 16 again and do a short bit of DH and I should've known better after the previous weekends tree-cuddling incedent :roll:

In fact why not watch and see (im up loading the vid now) and if you dont laugh out load or go OOOOHhhh your not human.

BTW Ade my wife thought it was very funny....... :D

Glade your ok though mate could have been much worse...... :(
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    impished wrote:
    ANDYTURNER wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I must say you did it with style!
  • Update

pbpic1792596.jpg
    pbpic1792586.jpg
    pbpic1792579.jpg

And the vids

This a link to a few vids i have put on pinkbike.com http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/MTB-Vids/

Hope you enjoy

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    DEADPOOL2E wrote:
    And the vids
    Ooooh, that looked like fun :shock:

p.s. the bit where i'm screaming "muuuuummm" was me messing about. :roll: The bit where my jaw went "CLONK" that was real :twisted:
  • impished wrote:
    DEADPOOL2E wrote:
    And the vids
    Ooooh, that looked like fun :shock:

p.s. the bit where i'm screaming "muuuuummm" was me messing about. :roll: The bit where my jaw went "CLONK" that was real :twisted:

DUDE, that looked painfull! Were you still in the saddle as you went over the roots? Was it all as dry as in the vids? Looks prety fun round there anyway, i must try and make the next BBH ride, if only to witness the carnage :lol: Is there no vids of the cartwheeling down the steps then :twisted:
  • Is there no vids of the cartwheeling down the steps then :twisted:

No sorry mate, we was all to busy going about a hundred miles an hour (thats what it seemed like) DH and dealing with my own near wipe outs.

• Hey,

I just got the HL500 Cat eye light......

Cheers for the recommendations above but I think my budget would have to be sub £100..... more like £50 tops if I can get anything decent for that sort of dosh.?

What are those fenix lights like - as they are only like £38 or something - or would I need more than one??

thanks again.
  • pittpony
    Hawksie, I got three Ultrafire W606A LED lights which are pretty bright. They aren't as bright as the Fenix and i've not used them in anger yet but i think they'll do the job nicely. About £50 including 12 batteries too 8) I'll let you know more once i've had a night ride with them!
  • Thanks for the reply.........are you riding on Thursday night at all?

I may be tempted to whack a couple of new duracells in my cat-eye and then I can see how I get on.
  • pittpony
    Unfortunately I won't be riding on Thursday :( I'm not likely to get out for a night ride until next week now
  • Hawksie wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.........are you riding on Thursday night at all?

I may be tempted to whack a couple of new duracells in my cat-eye and then I can see how I get on.

Kent-Trails are doing a Thursday evening ride, meating at the Canterbury uni sports ground at 6pm. Have a look on www.kent-trails.co.uk

Oh and the Fenix lights are very good. I have an L2D Q5 on my bars and it is just as bright as my £175 Light and Motion Stella 180! Wish i found them before shelling out on that. The only dissadvantage is battery life, as even with decent batteries it only last's 180min on turbo, wheras the Stella last's 5 hours.

Andy.
  • Yeah cool........I was looking at the kent trails ride.........the website doesn't seem to have been updated yet this week though? Anyone know if its going ahead this week? and anyone going?
  • Hawksie wrote:
    Yeah cool........I was looking at the kent trails ride.........the website doesn't seem to have been updated yet this week though? Anyone know if its going ahead this week? and anyone going?

You are right, the website has not been updated yet... problem with the server. However, the ride is still on tomorrow at 6pm by the Uni sports grounds. A few of us should be there.
    Michael

Im planning to tag along if thats OK? I have helmet, and have just ordered a fenix light.....so should be able to see where I'm going!

Where exactly is the sports ground? Is that just at the top of the Uni hill?
  • I know is a bit late notice but does any one fancy Bedgebury Tomorrow early ish (i have a day off) plan on doing 2 laps nonstop ( well ok maybe a few stops :D )

• impished
    I'm at work :evil: Have fun on the new boardwalks