XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    DEADPOOL2E wrote:
    Id be up for BBH (if i can find it) If we can arange for a sunday as i work most Saturdays. I'll even bring my camcorder
    Sounds good to me Deadpool.
    Was a fun 'n' fast ride last weekend. Looking forward to a repeat.

[grovel_mode] I'm off to butter-up the missus [/grovel_mode]
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Did the black route round Blean this evening. Tis true it wasn't very muddy, but only because the ground was frozen solid! I fear that if it is above freezing Wednesday evening it could be a bit greasy again, unless it is verry sunny. Everyone do a sun dance between now and Wednesday :)

Nick- What lights did you go for in the end?

Andy.
    Fingers crossed it'll be ok. I haven't seen any rain forecast for the next day or so (famous last words)...

I ordered the Ultrafire lights at about £10 each in the end. i figured if they're not good enough i can strap them all on the bars and get a fenix for a helmet light... I'll look like a juggernaught bombing down the trails :lol:

I'm defo up for another ride at BBH sometime soon. If only to capture some super high quality DH video moments :D
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    hah just signed in here for the first time on my new work pc to find out there is a messages section with deadpool asking if i wanted to go on a Blean ride in November. Oops! :D

Lostime: Got the Inbred built up, see below, has a longer 400mm post on it now so I can get full height and its still low enough when I want to hack and so far its done exactly what i wanted of it, nice fun thrash around bike. Took it up on the south downs for a night ride last week etc. Crashed it within 30 seconds off road the first time coming home from work but fine since then heh

IMAG0041.jpg
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Must BUY some lights!

Thanks for the vids Nick erm i think, love my lame fall.
  • breezer wrote:
    hah just signed in here for the first time on my new work pc to find out there is a messages section with deadpool asking if i wanted to go on a Blean ride in November. Oops! :D

IMAG0041.jpg

AH well better late than never..........

Nice bike BTW . If you dont mind me asking what was the total build price???
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Hi guys,

I live in Ramsgate but only at the weekends (due to working in London) so unfortunately I can only make weekend rides, I don't drive but the girlfriend is prepared to drop me off wherever I need which is nice of her..... :wink:

Do you boys get out much weekends and if so when's the next outing?

Thanks
    Adam (Cheesey) :D
  • pittpony
    Cheesey wrote:
    Hi guys,

I live in Ramsgate but only at the weekends (due to working in London) so unfortunately I can only make weekend rides, I don't drive but the girlfriend is prepared to drop me off wherever I need which is nice of her..... :wink:

Thanks
    Well i was just thinking about suggesting a ride on Sunday morning. I'd prefer Blean unless i can catch a lift again (thaks for that last time Russ!) as i may well be without car this weekend. Anyone able to make it then?
  • My rig won't be ready probably until 30th weekend as it needs to go to LBS for some work (above my technical mech ability). And can't get out until after that.

So the first weekend or whenever after that I can tag along :D
  • impished
    Personally, I was hoping for a bit of Bluebell Hill again.
    I'm happy to give you a lift nick.
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Hi guys,

Thanks

You could always try a Sunday Kent Trails ride www.kent-trails.co.uk which for the last 3 or 4 weeks has been starting from Deal. I went on Sunday and 2 weeks before and they were fantastic rides, this weeks was realy good as we went along the Dover cliffs and ended up in Capel le fern (sp) as well as lots of singletrack and bridleways, think we did about 35 miles. Realy good bunch of guys and i will be going every weekend i can. Cant wait till the summer and the all day rides.

Michael- I have just tried looking at the pictures from Sunday and i can't enlarge the thumbnails. Tried it in Internet Explora 7 and Safari and it says page not found. Just thought i would let you know :)

Andy.
  • i would like to do bluebell hill on sunday. if papa smurf willing to show us round. ( earlier the better for me ) Neil said he would come as well.

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Personally, I was hoping for a bit of Bluebell Hill again.
    I'm happy to give you a lift nick.
    Thanks Ade :D I guess Canterbury is going to be a bit out of your way but if nobody is coming from over here I can make it to Sittingbourne or nearby pretty easily on the train.

Sounds like we have the start of a plan here :) Any other takers for Sunday?
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Thanks Ade I guess Canterbury is going to be a bit out of your way but if nobody is coming from over here I can make it to Sittingbourne or nearby pretty easily on the train.
    Honestly, it's not that far outta my way, and anyway, I don't suppose you remembered those lock on grips, did you :wink: :oops:
  • pittpony
    Lol i can bring those tomorrow if you like. Should only take a few seconds to fit!
  • breezer wrote:

Lostime: Got the Inbred built up, see below, has a longer 400mm post on it now so I can get full height and its still low enough when I want to hack and so far its done exactly what i wanted of it, nice fun thrash around bike. Took it up on the south downs for a night ride last week etc. Crashed it within 30 seconds off road the first time coming home from work but fine since then heh

IMAG0041.jpg

Looks like mine first did! As I said mine now has fox forks off the Commencal.
    They're great frames and a steal(!) at £150!
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Lol i can bring those tomorrow if you like. Should only take a few seconds to fit!

Cheers Nick :oops: We'll have a chat tonight about lift arrangements for Sunday @ BBH :wink:
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Hi guys,

Michael- I have just tried looking at the pictures from Sunday and i can't enlarge the thumbnails. Tried it in Internet Explora 7 and Safari and it says page not found. Just thought i would let you know :)

Andy.
    Andy, my server is down so I could not upload all the pictures. Will place all the pictures from this weekend as soon as possible (hopefully tonight) and post a link on the forum

Michael
    If I'm not there this evening guys then don't wait for me as I'll either be ther early or not at all.

I'm having real trouble fitting the light, its one of these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... t-10w-9165
    But the mounting strap is too short to go round the frame on my MTB :(

I bodged it to the seat post last night and tied the cable to the frame with string but I don't think it'll hold.
    I'll have another pop at it later (off work today) but if I can't mount it securely I'l have to give it a miss.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I would be up for BBH, either Saturday or Sunday.

Know where I am going this time LOL
  • pittpony
    Panter wrote:
    If I'm not there this evening guys then don't wait for me as I'll either be ther early or not at all.

I'm having real trouble fitting the light, its one of these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... t-10w-9165
    But the mounting strap is too short to go round the frame on my MTB :(

I bodged it to the seat post last night and tied the cable to the frame with string but I don't think it'll hold.
    I'll have another pop at it later (off work today) but if I can't mount it securely I'l have to give it a miss.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Chris :)

Seatpost sounds like a good bet to me, otherwise are you able to extend the mounting strap with velcro? I can't see what shape the battery is - i take it it wouldn't fit in a bike bottle?

Let us know how you get on - i'll check the forum before i leave work so we know whether to expect you along!

Hope you can make it

Nick
  • Hey chaps!

What's the score with Bluebell Hill? I fancy it but don't want to overstretch myself for my first ride in a while!

Where do you meet and what time?

How long are you out for? Do I need to bring anything more than a snack?

Will I die?

What is the meaning of the universe?

Answers on a postcard please.........
    Keep it locked or be distressed!
  • impished
    Sorry guys, I'm not gonna make tonights ride. :cry: Gotta take the kids shopping :roll: (did really well at the dentist this morning)

But I'm 100% for BBH still.
    PittPony: Lift still available if you need it.

Noo Noo: BBH, Sunday will be at the level of the slowest rider. difficult to say how long we'll be there for, but we're never far from the car park if you need to leave early. I only take a granola bar (or two :wink: ) and some of the other guys might take a banana (no jokes please :shock: ), but that's about all you'll need (apart from some fluid), oh and don't forget your helmet. The whole area is strewn with rocks & logs you wouldn't wanna be headbutting :evil:

Personaly I'd prefer Sunday @ "The Lookout" between 8-9a.m.
  • pittpony
    Noo Noo - last time we did a gently paced 12 or 13 miles over a few hours, stopping to take in some scenery and for a couple of the lads to have a play on a short but steep DH section :lol:

We meet at the Viewpoint / Lookout (see page 43/44 of this thread), time to be decided but i imagine somewhere around 9am (depending on my lift) ;)

Shame you can't make it tonight Ade. Is 6.45 still ok for everyone else? Looking forward to it!
  • Right guys, I'll gladly show you around BBH again, but if you want to do the same route again it might be worth it if I ask Thorpy to show us that route.. Because I like getting lost, intentionally! :twisted:
    I can't do this weekend as practicing then racing at Penshurst. The weekend after I am free though.

Which brings me to my next question:
    It may not be the thing for some of you but I'm an organiser for paintball, and I'm about to book for the 9th @ Tree Jumpers (Near Brands Hatch).
    If anyone's interested, or has a group of friends who are you can either make your own booking and pay your own deposits, or send me the money via paypal etc... I'll then pay them all in one go and you just turn up on the day and blast others away! Normal spend for a basic day is about £55 (inc deposits, which covers the 1st 200 rounds- £5 per 100). If you go mad it could be up to £70, maybe more... But your in controll of how much you spend.

Anyone interested? Lemme know asap as time is ticking!
  • breezer
    Got any info on that race, presumably at Porc? ta
  • breezer wrote:
    Got any info on that race, presumably at Porc? ta

We first things first, if you want any info on P.O.R.C, you wanna be registered here:
    http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php - Then check out the "P.O.R.C Racing Series" section.

This weekends race looks to be going ahead from what I can tell...
  • breezer
    ta, I went to their site and the news only had the winter series and a quick browse through the main forum revealed nothing but I missed the Porc section so will go back later thanks. Been there a few times and do downhill local to there but like watching the races :)
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    edited February 2008
    lost-time wrote:
    breezer wrote:

IMAG0041.jpg

Looks like mine first did! As I said mine now has fox forks off the Commencal.
    They're great frames and a steal(!) at £150!

Actually you can now get them for £129 on Chain Reaction, but all out of stock at the moment. I have decided to get one too as it can take a 100mm fork. The latest ones are white though so don't worry, we won't look like twins.

Have you got the vertical drop out virsion? If so have you ever experimented with the wheelbase, and what difference dose it make?

Are you still riding tonight? If so bring your Inbred, i want a go :)

Andy.
  • Count me in for BBH on Sunday, shall we say 9am ?? ill try and get a few more of us.

• impished
    DEADPOOL2E wrote:
    Count me in for BBH on Sunday, shall we say 9am
    9 am is good for me. You gonna bring your patented helmet mounted camera? Loads'a great opportunities for 'You've been framed' entries to be had. (especially if I try a bit of tree hugging again :oops: )

Pittpony, if you still need a lift, PM/ring/txt with an address and I'll pick you up about 8(ish :roll: )