XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Just come back from bedgbury some of the single track is still quite muddy,realy enjoyed the day cant wait to go again.Can someone point me in the righ direction for blue bell hill .
    Paul.
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    I'm going to miss tonight, I tried it in the bottle cage biut it snags your feet.

I think the only option is to buy the connectors and some cable and fit it properly to the seatpost.
    I just don't want it to come unstuck (pardon the pun) halfway round.
    Hell, I'm slow enough as it is without technical difficulties :oops:

Have a good one guys 8)

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • Paul_GT wrote:
    Can someone point me in the righ direction for blue bell hill .
    Paul.

Cant go wrong with the map from Impished (on the page before this one?)

If papa smurfs not going to be there are you all sure you know where to go :?

May have my helmet cam or a proped vid camera, so we can get some more DH bits.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Hi guys,

Michael- I have just tried looking at the pictures from Sunday and i can't enlarge the thumbnails. Tried it in Internet Explora 7 and Safari and it says page not found. Just thought i would let you know :)

Andy.
    Andy, my server is down so I could not upload all the pictures. Will place all the pictures from this weekend as soon as possible (hopefully tonight) and post a link on the forum

Michael

Andy,

The pictures from last Sunday have all been uploaded on the website http://www.kent-trails.co.uk and the website had a little revamp with more/new pictures added.
    Also, if anyone is interested, we are doing a night ride tomorrow in Blean/church woods from 6pm (check the website for all the details).

Michael
    DEADPOOL2E wrote:
    If papa smurfs not going to be there are you all sure you know where to go
    To be honest most of the trails are easy to find and I think Nick and I should be able to retrace most of our steps.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Panter wrote:
    I'm going to miss tonight, I tried it in the bottle cage biut it snags your feet.
    Shame you couldn't make it Panter. Hopefully next time eh? :)

Cheers for the ride tonight guys. Was what I'd call short and sharp - not many rest breaks which is good as i'm far too lazy if i'm allowed to be :lol:
    impished wrote:
    To be honest most of the trails are easy to find and I think Nick and I should be able to retrace most of our steps.
    We'll do our best! My sense of direction can be a little hit and miss but there wasn't anything too hard to retrace if i remember correctly (famous last words :oops:)!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I'll have an OS map with me on Sunday, and I know the area a little, so hopefully shouldn't get too lost, only wish I had it last Saturday, then perhaps I wouldn't have got lost. I'm all OK for 9am Sunday.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Andy: Mine and Lostimes are the 456 version which is a bit beefier and can take far longer forks, 4-6", not the same as the earlier Inbreds which are 100mm etc.
  • breezer wrote:
    Andy: Mine and Lostimes are the 456 version which is a bit beefier and can take far longer forks, 4-6", not the same as the earlier Inbreds which are 100mm etc.

Thanks Breezer. So will i be ok running a 100mm Marz MX Pro? I am assuming 4" is 100mm, don't have a tape measure to hand. I had a realy good look at Paul's bike this evening and i prefer the look of the 456 to the standard Inbred. Either way i am definately getting an Inbred. Damb fine frame for the money, and so much faster than my crappy Carrera Kraken!

Andy.

P.S. Found a tape measure, and 100mm is JUST under 4", so that would be OK wouldn't it. Once i have saved up enough for a new full bouncer i plan on getting a 5 or 6" fork for it.
  • breezer
    Yer will work fine, take a look at the info on their website http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=590 , add a degree to the head angle if using a 4"/100mm fork. They are very cheap and excellent value. Not mega light, my 18" was about 6.5 lbs or something but built strong, will take a longer fork if you upgrade, TONS of mud clearance and very low top tube. This means excellent stand over height. I am 6'3 but got a 18" with 400mm post so I can get a correct saddle height but lower it miles for when playing on the technical/downhill stuff

You may have trouble getting one from anywhere but On One direct. I had to wait 2 months for their next shipment! I think they still have them in stock now but doubt anywhere else does. Bear in mind you may need a new seatpost etc. It comes with rear V mounts if you need them
  • breezer wrote:
    Yer will work fine, take a look at the info on their website http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=590 , add a degree to the head angle if using a 4"/100mm fork. They are very cheap and excellent value. Not mega light, my 18" was about 6.5 lbs or something but built strong, will take a longer fork if you upgrade, TONS of mud clearance and very low top tube. This means excellent stand over height. I am 6'3 but got a 18" with 400mm post so I can get a correct saddle height but lower it miles for when playing on the technical/downhill stuff

You may have trouble getting one from anywhere but On One direct. I had to wait 2 months for their next shipment! I think they still have them in stock now but doubt anywhere else does. Bear in mind you may need a new seatpost etc. It comes with rear V mounts if you need them

Cheers mate. Yes i saw that on the site, just thought i would confirm i read it right. What travel are you running yours at, looks about 100mm from the picture?

Rear v brakes- don't be silly :) They will be off within seconds of it arriving! I won't be able to order it till mid March, so i will e mail On One to find out when the next shipment is sorted if they run out before.

Cheers,

Andy.
  • breezer
    They are coil 95-140mm Pikes set to 130mm now but may have been slightly less in that photo plus they sag about 20mm when I get on it. The rear v brake mounts come in a bag so no need to remove :)
  • paul_f
    paul_f Posts: 16
    I've also got a 456, not sure what you are going to do with it, but I hate mine going downhill when the forks are wound down to 100mm. I ride mine with the forks at 130 pretty much all the time.

If its the red you like, why not just get a normal inbred with the slot dropouts as they are in red as well.
  • So are any of you up for a ride on the 2nd? That's the nearest date I can make it :(

Shame really as I'd like to come along to this one..
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    edited February 2008
    Shout out to whos coming on Sunday @ 9 Blue Bell Hill.

Me (Mark)
    Neil
    Ade
    Nick
    SBezza (Steve)

any more to the list??

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    So are any of you up for a ride on the 2nd? That's the nearest date I can make it :(

Shame really as I'd like to come along to this one..

Definitley still on for Sunday :D Can't make the 2nd though Jon :(
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    My name is Steve, just to let people know.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    My name is Ade, and I'm an alco..... oops wrong forum :oops:

p.s. see y'all Sunday :wink:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Does anybody have any GPX routes or waypoints of the good Singletrack in BBH?

I might be along on Sunday, not totally sure what im up to yet.

Russ
  • paul_f wrote:
    I've also got a 456, not sure what you are going to do with it, but I hate mine going downhill when the forks are wound down to 100mm. I ride mine with the forks at 130 pretty much all the time.

If its the red you like, why not just get a normal inbred with the slot dropouts as they are in red as well.

The plan is to fit a longer fork hopefully not that long after i get the frame. I'll see how it goes once i get it. If it is a bit dodgy going downhill then i'll look for a cheap second hand pike. I'v seen a couple of 426's go very cheap lately. Brant says 100mm would be "nice actually" so should be OK.

Andy.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    Shout out to whos coming on Sunday @ 9 Blue Bell Hill.

Me (Mark)
    Neil
    Ade
    Nick
    SBezza (Steve)

any more to the list??

I'll be there too. Just to confuse things, my name is Nick too!
    Keep it locked or be distressed!
  • pittpony
    Looking like a good turnout for Sunday guys :D I'm glad you're bringing that map SBezza - I'm not sure i could handle the pressure of getting all these people lost ;) :oops:
  • pittpony wrote:
    I'm not sure i could handle the pressure of getting all these people lost ;) :oops:

Getting lost is all part of the fun :D

• Oh and for those of you who haven't seen the fast downhill track, here's a headcam video I took a long time ago... It's not the greatest of quality but it was the first time I used the cam.. You get the idea..

http://www.youtube.com/v/-ztss0UsGqM&rel=1
  • breezer
    deadpool I seem to have a habit of not seeing your posts etc LOL. Regarding the total cost of my on one. All the bits except headset and seat post came off my old Dmr Trailstar so difficult to tell, the brakes were hand downs from my xc bike etc. Roughly, £150 frame, £280 coil pikes, £110 julie brakes, £100 wheels, £90 Hones, another £100 maybe for cheap stem, bars, post, old mech etc.
  • pittpony
    Hi guys,

I didn't want to hijack the thread, so if anyone is interested in riding the South Downs way have a look here and add your name to the roster :D
  • I bought my first ever copy of SINGLETRACK this week and have been inspired/prompted to ride in a group! (big deal for me as i only ever ride on me lonesome) I see you're all riding at BBH on Sunday which although i've never been to is only a short ride from my house in Maidstone. I hope nobody minds me tagging along?
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I hope nobody minds me tagging along?
    100% open invitation. The more the merrier, etc, etc
  • billynobates

Don't worry, I have no bates either. :lol:

It's all about meeting new riding buddies....I'll see you there on Sunday. Should be a good mornings ride. Just hope my fitness is up to scratch....though I doubt it somehow!
  • All

I did a dry run of the route to the meet point for Sunday today and made some notes which may be of assistance to those who haven't been before:

If you are using TomTom to help you, search for "Blue Bell Hill, Aylesford" then "Common Rd". It worked for me today - then follow brown signs for the picnic site.

If you aren't using SatNav then try these directions:

From Jct 3 of the M2 follow signs for Maidstone A229. It is a massive junction so be careful....if you go wrong you have to go round again!
    Get on the inside lane. Just before the A229 slip road there is a brown tourist sign pointing left with a picnic site sign on it and public house "The Upper Bell" (Maidstone Rd). Turn left here.
    Follow Maidstone Rd all the way down to the derelict pub and turn right into Common Rd.
    The meeting point is about 300yds on the left hand site marked Picnic Site.

As for directions around the trails.....can't help there. I'll be at the back anyway!
    :oops: