XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Bmjboy wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    I've not found that bit. Is it a road climb? Will have to give it a go and will no doubt come back with my tail between my legs :lol:

Its not a road, its definitly a "track", but very rocky and loose and steep!

If you lose momentum, your screwed - none of us done it, and none of us want to even try again... I lay the guantlet down!

To get there : After youve nailed the steps section, go down to the gate and onto the Pilgrims way - turn RIGHT.

That'll bring you out to bridge over the trainline - bear right to take a path running adjacent to the trainline, then right again.

Will bring you up to the top field again to have another go at the steps as a treat!

Go have a look if you get the chance.
    Excellent - i will give it a go sometime. I thought it was a road up there - the bit i was thinking of was off Warren Road back to the car park. A b1tch of a hill in itself! I won't make it up in one, but if it means getting another go on the steps its got to be worth trying :D
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    pittpony wrote:
    Edit: nope, getting confused again. I haven't ridden it but i know the bit you mean. Why would you ride on the roads round that way when you can get offroad so easily?! :shock:

Its not a road, we wanted a circuit to take us back up again, underneath my red trackline is a green pathway OS line.

Only bit of road you touch is about 500yrds of yellow that you see.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • mbnut
    mbnut Posts: 155
    All this talk of biking has got me excited... i have just booked my summer trip to the Alps, not Morzine as i've done that and fancy more singletrack... i have found a great value place near Alp d Huez... if you are thinking of going have a look at this place, great riding and amazingly good value

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/sumintro.htm

Of to pay for it now...
  • mbnut
    Legless.. good looking magazine, i've added it and will peruse at a later date... cheers
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    I was about to rant about the cost then I saw "Unlimited beer" :lol: 8) thats how I would make my money back LOL

I might be tagging along with some roadie friend to Alpe d'Heuz next year and will go mtbing whilst they ponce around on the tiny hills out there on their lovely smooth road surface
  • mbnut
    Yeah the unlimited beer may have been the hook that caught this fish....

No single supplement and free transfers too... a bargain.. uummm free beer
  • breezer
    OT: I hate being single with stuff like that. I drove round Europe for most of October and of course was fleeced the same as 2 people would be for all hotels etc. Ok im taking up a similar amount of room space but it still winds me right up. If only I spent less on my bikes and more on plastic surgery!! It would pay off long term as I would have about £4-500 more a month if I lived with a woman instead of paying for everything myself!
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Drunk chicks Breezer, thats where it is at, drunk chicks...

:wink:
  • Legless
    Drunk chicks Breezer, thats where it is at, drunk chicks...

:wink:
  • Legless
    So true i said it twice look...
  • breezer
    heh, im old now, over 30, pratically had it so after something more serious. Its just hard to find a long haired brunette size 6 model who earns 200k+ a year and her only interests other than her work and her partner, are motorsport and mountain biking, both of which she would be good at but obviously worse than me

Maybe I need to be less fussy :?
  • Legless
    Nah whilst fussy "goes without" he is always the one smiling in the end. Settle for less and you will just want more.

But drunk chicks can help pass lonely nights, and they help you keep your practice up for the real thing...

I like the good at, but worse than me comment, that's imperative!
  • breezer
    Yes I like your logic, it does make sense. re:other bit, I cant imagine anything worse than being slower in a car or down a hill than my gf! I accept some women "may" be quicker than me but im not with them so I can ignore them :D Would be nice to have one even vaguely into it as its something to do together plus she would be more understanding of purchases such as why you needed to spend more to get braided hoses etc
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Well OT, but my PC just blew up! - Im now on "Emergency Business Laptop"....

I think the robust and frequent posting on this very forum blew my £1k+ kit up!

Anyone have a spare 800w+ PSU lying around? :cry:

And if its not that that's gone, then I'll be looking for a "spare" Quad Core high end PC.... Im sure you all have one lying in the shed or something???
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • breezer
    Christ the waffle on here, just took forever to find stuff about sunday lol. PC's zz, get enough of them at work, poxy things, dont ask me why I have 3 setup at home lol

Anyway

Sunday, 9.30am at the lookout as per Pittponys post on page 257 at 15:42hrs

How many are going? How long roughly will the ride be? I may tag along for final ride before the race if my forks are ok tomorrow. If they die or I have spend to long faffing on Sunday I will have GPS so can make my own way back heh
  • Bmjboy wrote:
    I'll be looking for a "spare" Quad Core high end PC.... Im sure you all have one lying in the shed or something???

I have one in a bag tied to some rope and floating around the back of my boat.. Not much room for storage on here :lol:
    I'm pretty sure it's still dry, but either way it'll be full of shit and very dirty stuff, which isn't all bad :wink:
  • breezer
    Just found this post on the bedgebury lots forum. I wish I was 18 again heh. I think I saw this Coppi last Sunday as I was drinking a cup of tea. Cant be many women riders on Proflexes. Nice to see she too as a club member, was ignoring the rules regarding taking bikes down to the cafe :D

"Coppi rider is on their soapbox over on the other side(Bike radar), in defence of Bedgebury and it was getting quite bitchy when I looked last. If they find out shes an angry bird with a proflex they will be after me instead of her. Well theres something to look forward to, a load of 17to 19 year olds whining about car parking costs bike washes and falling off in the gravel and getting hurty knees. Makes you wonder who forces them to go to Bedgebury and use that terrible bike wash that most people seem perfectly happy with on such a regular basis. So if any body spots people parking a car at gun point, or washing their bikes in floods of tears as the staff at Quench give them chineese burns and flick their ears let me know as Ali(AKA Coppirider) is stomping the laminate floor in the bathroom all out of shape.
    Cheers and a happy new year"
  • breezer wrote:
    Nice to see she too as a club member, was ignoring the rules regarding taking bikes down to the cafe "

Yep that was me!
    You have to keep an eye on your pride and joy don't you :)
    I'm surprised you were at Bedge Breezer :wink:
    Bmjboy, go on get your gf to do the course at Bedge we haven't got many takers yet, then she can see me do my special unscheduled dismount that I'm so good at!

Ali.x.
    What you give is what you get
  • Looks like we have been busted......
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • i quite like bedgebury :)

maybe you would like to join us on one of our ride, so you can take the pi ss out of us on the Bedge forum ;)
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • breezer
    heh. I commented to my friend about how rare your bike was although it had a new XT rear mech. Shame it wasnt a elastomer one as I may have insisted you sold it to me. Ah brings back memories of Jez Averys bit in the ancient MBUK video Dirt where he was doing all the jumps on his old one :)

Don't get me wrong, Bedgebury used to be great and I commend all the stuff you are trying to do but even on your own forum I just see stuff about how you have to wait ages for the FC, how they get builders in that dont listen to you and just dump more gravel which doesnt do anything for the underlaying issues of drainage etc. The car park costs etc are a farce but irrelevant to me as I park outside. I just think its about time the FC invested a bit more money back into the trail as thats what bought stacks of people in to start with although I accept they had a long term wider goal with Go Ape etc

The courses thing is an excellent idea to get people into it but then again highlights how there really needs to be a 2nd trail and the current one bought back to life

Darren
  • breezer
    Skip to about 6:30 8)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1AM0WNoCM

May have to watch the whole thing later, Jason McRoy rip, sigh
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :shock: i left for a few hours and i come back to 6 new pages :lol: makes a good evening shifting through all this though 8)

although im now completely lost about whats happening :? jons got a computer tied to a boat? and someones PSU is dead :lol:

anyone want to sum up the last six pages :wink:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    edited January 2009
    We have a new forum Steve

http://www.impished.co.uk/sketchymtb#

Thanks ADE!
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    We have a new forum Steve

http://www.impished.co.uk/sketchymtb

:lol: cheers for that russ 8) im just signing up now

• RussAlf
    breezer wrote:

"Coppi rider is on their soapbox over on the other side(Bike radar), in defence of Bedgebury and it was getting quite bitchy when I looked last. If they find out shes an angry bird with a proflex they will be after me instead of her. Well theres something to look forward to, a load of 17to 19 year olds whining about car parking costs bike washes and falling off in the gravel and getting hurty knees. Makes you wonder who forces them to go to Bedgebury and use that terrible bike wash that most people seem perfectly happy with on such a regular basis. So if any body spots people parking a car at gun point, or washing their bikes in floods of tears as the staff at Quench give them chineese burns and flick their ears let me know as Ali(AKA Coppirider) is stomping the laminate floor in the bathroom all out of shape.
    Cheers and a happy new year"

I was going to reply to that but i really cant be bothered that woman clearly doesnt have a clue.
  • stevet1992
    you've been busted now russ :wink:

ive signed onto the forum now, baby member ehhh, wont be for much longer :lol:

i think you should do a review on bedgebury russ :lol:

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Its good to see that pretty much EVERYONE is out this weekend then...

Who's NOT riding at some point this weekend?...
    ME :evil: Bloody working all weekend.

This thread is getting silly now, 6 pages in one day :shock:

Nice one with your forum Ade 8)

I vote A :wink:
  • stevet1992
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Its good to see that pretty much EVERYONE is out this weekend then...

Who's NOT riding at some point this weekend?...
    ME :evil: Bloody working all weekend.

This thread is getting silly now, 6 pages in one day :shock:

Nice one with your forum Ade 8)

I vote A :wink:

i know how you feel andy :evil:

but someones got to pay for all the bike parts :lol:

• RussAlf
    Im moving out this weekend woohooo