XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    edited January 2009
    stevet1992 wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    just to answer my question

donnington park is near the peak distrcit im guessing as it has on the bikeradar live info bit enjoy good riding around the peak district

russ- i was just hoping to have a wander around all the stalls picking up freebies, maybe buying a few things thenriding locally 8)

so anyone got a big enough car? i dont mind paying my fair share of petrol/food/drink :wink:
    Nick's got a book all about riding in the Peak District, got some of the most famouse routes in the UK, including one with nearly 4000m of climbing in 50k :shock: Anyone fancy that :wink: I think the SDW only had 3000m over 100 miles!

:shock: bloody hell, i thought some of the climbs at BBH where bad :lol:

so andy,breezer fancy giving me a lift :wink:
    Alas, no car. Well have a car but it's rotting on my drive having not been driven for 2 and a half years :cry:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Alas, no car. Well, have a car, but its currently rotting on my driveway having not been driven for 2 and a half years :cry:

took me ages to figure out where your post was :lol: i thought you jsut had a moment and posted nothing :shock:

shame to hear about that :(

anyone else :lol:?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Alas, no car. Well, have a car, but its currently rotting on my driveway having not been driven for 2 and a half years :cry:

took me ages to figure out where your post was :lol: i thought you jsut had a moment and posted nothing :shock:

I did that on perpose to confuse you......honest :wink:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 wrote:

I did that on perpose to confuse you......honest :wink:

yehhh we believe ya :wink:

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    stevet1992 wrote:
    OFFTOPIC : nick you live in canterbury whats the girls o wait i mean uni/college like there?does it atleast look decent :lol:
    I have no idea about the uni (actually i think there are 3) - the girls are good fun though ;) Actually i'm supposed to be going on a date with a girl in her final year at Kent Uni so if it goes OK i'll find out for you. I'm not using it as my opening conversation though :lol:

You might want to ask Russ as I believe his gf studied in Canterbury

/\ /\ Damn you've made me go off topic now!

Back on topic(ish):

I'd be up for the bikeradar event. I've ridden in the peaks and its pretty special so i'd be well up for a ride while we were there. Unfortunately I only have room for 1 in my car with bikes which will be Andy if we do make it.
  • stevet1992
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    OFFTOPIC : nick you live in canterbury whats the girls o wait i mean uni/college like there?does it atleast look decent :lol:
    I have no idea about the uni (actually i think there are 3) - the girls are good fun though ;) Actually i'm supposed to be going on a date with a girl in her final year at Kent Uni so if it goes OK i'll find out for you. I'm not using it as my opening conversation though :lol:

Back on topic(ish):

I'd be up for the bikeradar event. I've ridden in the peaks and its pretty special so i'd be well up for a ride while we were there. Unfortunately I only have room for 1 in my car with bikes which will be Andy if we do make it.

hahaaaa cheers nick :wink: hope the date goes well 8)

damn about the car :(so any other kind soul got a car? ill pay my fair share of petrol money :wink: hell ill even throw in a free happy meal at a macy d's :twisted:

• andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Back on topic(ish):

damn about the car :(so any other kind soul got a car? ill pay my fair share of petrol money :wink: hell ill even throw in a free happy meal at a macy d's :twisted:
    Well if i had a roadworthy and taxed car the Macy D would be a deal breaker for me. If you knew the utter crap that goes into their pathetic excuse of a burger you wouldn't either, i'd accept nothing less than a meal in Cafe Des'ami :wink:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Back on topic(ish):

Well if i had a roadworthy and taxed car the Macy D would be a deal breaker for me. If you knew the utter crap that goes into their pathetic excuse of a burger you wouldn't either, i'd accept nothing less than a meal in Cafe Des'ami :wink:

:lol::lol: i didnt say you had to have a burger did i :wink:

ill even let you keep the toy honest :roll:

come on breezer what about you, theres got to be enough room 8)

• andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Back on topic(ish):

Calm down Steve, still over 4 months yet :wink:
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    edited January 2009
    hmm mcdonalds, I was talking about one earlier at work today to the woman thats just started a diet, forgot to tell her I had cooked breakfast for lunch lol!

Sounds a bit to far for me but I will see nearer the time if theres a chance to combine it with some riding etc

Its really sad but im loving having my bike in the lounge so I can alternate looking at it and the tv omg :oops: plotting the "Alpes spec" for it incase I go there. It would need the Inbreds wider wheels, beefier stem and bars but thats it, hmmmm must get out there.

Some friends go out to Alpe d'Heuz once a year for this silly 110 mile road race. I might tag along as they stay up the top and I can ride up there. One of the days I will nick one of their road bikes and ride d'heuz itself. I did it when I was about 15 on my mtb tyre shod Raliegh Apex! That holiday I also did my longest ride ever also on that bike with a load of dutch roadies from the campsite, 60 miles over 2 mountains, god knows how I managed it and I wasnt last up the hills! 13+ mile downhills are fun though lol, one of them binned it so bad that he couldnt pedal and turn as the forks were bent back so much. On another ride there I understeered due to speed right off this mountain road and down a couple of foot drop, fortunately on the inside and not the outside of the mountain!
  • stevet1992
    edited January 2009
    stevet1992 wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Back on topic(ish):

Calm down Steve, still over 4 months yet :wink:

:lol: well i need to know how much to spend on other stuff, or if im going to have to save up £100 for the train fare :(

i think these massive long quote comments are the best :wink::lol:

• stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    hmm mcdonalds, I was talking about one earlier at work today to the woman thats just started a diet, forgot to tell her I had cooked breakfast for lunch lol!

Sounds a bit to far for me but I will see nearer the time if theres a chance to combine it with some riding etc

:lol: ooo go on breezer

as andy said the lake district is a great place to ride :wink:

and i mean a free macdonalds can you resist :twisted:

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Steve, if i decide to go you can jump in the car with me but you would have to get the train to tonbridge (which is easy from ashford). I can fit 3 on my bike rack, but i dont know if im going to go yet.

Cant uni is ok for girls, my girlfriend went there and she had some stunning uni mates. Only problem is that it is full of foreign exchange student, lots of Japanese, Indian etc.
  • RussAlf
    Mcdonalds are foul, i know i worked there for 3 years, as did my fellow flipper andy :wink:
  • stevet1992
    edited January 2009
    RussAlf wrote:
    Steve, if i decide to go you can jump in the car with me but you would have to get the train to tonbridge (which is easy from ashford). I can fit 3 on my bike rack, but i dont know if im going to go yet.

Cant uni is ok for girls, my girlfriend went there and she had some stunning uni mates. Only problem is that it is full of foreign exchange student, lots of Japanese, Indian etc.

ok cheers russ, as i said back there im more then happy to give around £50 for petrol and for the lift 8) if you do go that is

:lol: i was 1 phone call away from working at mac donalds, luckily just before i did sainsburys told me i had the job :D lucky for me

im sure i can sub the happy meal for something else then :P

• andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    and i mean a free macdonalds can you resist :twisted:
    I'd rather poke my eyes out with a spoon! I used to work there, believe me you don't want that shite in your digestive system! Oh and a little tip, if you do want to wreck your stomach lining with that tripe, and you happen to go through the drive through 1 minuet before closing, DON'T complain about ANYTHING, or you might get some extra ingredients that weren't exactly on the menu, if you know what i mean :wink:
  • RussAlf
    Mcdonalds to be fair was good to me, i was a floor manager and i worked the shifts i want that fitted in perfect between college and my skating. I never saw or heard of any dodgy stuff going on in my one, maybe its a bit "sketchy" down in whitstable :lol:
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Mcdonalds to be fair was good to me, i was a floor manager and i worked the shifts i want that fitted in perfect between college and my skating. I never saw or heard of any dodgy stuff going on in my one, maybe its a bit "sketchy" down in whitstable :lol:
    Yeah a little bit sketchy :shock: Na Mc D's was good for me too. I used to be really REALLY shy and used to brick it if i even had to raise my voice to someone 2 feet away, and working there really brought me out of my shell. For a long time i was working with some great guys and we had a really good laugh, especially on closes and the couple of overnighters i did. Some of the food fights were legendary :lol:
  • stevet1992
    :lol: at the macy d's burger flipping memories

just out of intrest who is planning on staying the whole weekend? at bikeradar live that is not macy d's

• pittpony
    stevet1992 wrote:

just out of intrest who is planning on staying the whole weekend? at bikeradar live that is not macy d's
    The peak district is miles away, a good 4 hour drive - if i go it'll be for the whole weekend!
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

The peak district is miles away, a good 4 hour drive - if i go it'll be for the whole weekend!
    I was hoping you'd say that :D
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

right ive got my bright pink work holiday form sitting here infront of me 8) other then the demo day at bedge, is there any other dates planned that could have a slowly improving rider shoved onto the name list ?

Sunday BBH 09:30 at the lookout :wink: be nice to finally meet you. It will be good to see you out again Mike (rather than grabbing you in Canterbury and my kids just stand there stairing) :D

Cool, I'll be there, might have a mate from climbing with me but not totally sure just yet.
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Agreed
  • andyturner28
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I'v been saying that for AGES! :wink:
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Seeing as Bike Radar is like ten years away and i can't plan that far ahead in my line of work and in the spirit of local rides...

BBH wanting to go on Saturday with the GF probably get there about 1pm, she is a girl after all and takes fooking ages getting ready, even to go mountain biking... Anyway we normally cruise round at our own pace, has anyone got any good routes we could take from the lookout, or is it all fairly simple to link up?

Cheers

P.S. I have a new secret weapon that will hopefully arrive in time for next Wednesday... i thought i would be cryptic as you all like guessing and it isn't a bright green Meta 5 like Marks...
  • mbnut
    mbnut Posts: 155
    Hi guys...

Are any of you riding at BBH this Sunday, if so do you mind if i tag along, the fitness is ok at the moment and i should be able to keep up ok...

Cheers
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Agreed

thats alright then 8) was wanting to stay the whole weekend anyway :D

• mbnut wrote:
    Hi guys...

Are any of you riding at BBH this Sunday, if so do you mind if i tag along, the fitness is ok at the moment and i should be able to keep up ok...

Cheers

Sure 09:30 at the lookout.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    mbnut wrote:
    Hi guys...

Cheers
    The more the merrier :D
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2009
    Legless wrote:
    P.S. I have a new secret weapon that will hopefully arrive in time for next Wednesday... i thought i would be cryptic as you all like guessing and it isn't a bright green Meta 5 like Marks...
    Am I allowed to make a guess? :wink:

Edit: removed spoiler :wink: