XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Finally took mine inside last night, entire thing was frozen after leaving it full in the shed. Its finally thawed out and the waters still in there suggesting no cracks/splits!
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Na dont think i would jion in on a race, not my thing really. Id love to be a pit bitch and jion in with the laughs though :D
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    RussAlf wrote:
    Na dont think i would jion in on a race, not my thing really. Id love to be a pit ***** and jion in with the laughs though :D
    There will be plenty of laughs if I'm racing that's for sure!

Mike - here's the link to BBH. Its pretty easy to find off the M2. If i remember the signs correctly you follow the ones for the cemetary then the ones for the lookout, which is basically just a car park.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Though I have never rode at Bluebell Hill I'm sure I can find it if it's cool to come along with you. Is it off of the A229 near Maidstone? Hopefully at the top? Spotted that someone said 'the lookout' which i will assume is fairly high up.
    Hi Mike,
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the delights on offer at BBH. Have a look here for "The Lookout" car park.

Hopefully see ya Sunday.

Edit: oh, well.... 2 linkies to follow now :wink:
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Oh, I nearly forgot...

Good ride last night fellas :P
    There were a few sketchy* moments on the ice and spd's really don't like being full of frozen mud :shock:

* i would like to credit RussAlf & Deadpool2e for the term "sketchy", defined as "a section of trail that will either; kill you :shock: , injure you, break your bike :cry: or make you swear like a sailor while flying like a bird :wink:
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Guys Im up BBH on Saturday early doors for a longer ride as got family commitments this weekend - first ride since early December - gonna be a puking mess after those hills no doubt! :oops:

Our longer ride take us through Boxley/BBH woods out and up to Monkdown Wood and back again - about 18 Miles in total.

Gonna be a muddy one, and the clay sh*te dont come off too easily! :roll:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • RussAlf
    I live for skecthy sections, you know when its a skecthy section when i reach for the seat post qr.
  • breezer
    When its a nice downhill, I place my hand between my legs and pull my knob out which helps

(Gravity dropper post heh)
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    breezer wrote:
    When its a nice downhill, I place my hand between my legs and pull my knob out which helps

(Gravity dropper post heh)

:lol: do you often get this turned on about the thought of a downhill :wink:

how long you guys thinking of being at BBH ? im guessing there isnt much point me arriving at 12 to find you all shattered and heading home :lol: maybe then i could keep up with you lot :roll:

OFFTOPIC : nick you live in canterbury whats the girls o wait i mean uni/college like there?does it atleast look decent :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • breezer
    OT: I sometimes dream about doing my current IT job but at an all girls university. I know it would never work though. I would be sacked after 3 days max for breaking all manner of staff/student regulations LOL
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    OT: I sometimes dream about doing my current IT job but at an all girls university. I know it would never work though. I would be sacked after 3 days max for breaking all manner of staff/student regulations LOL

:lol: remember look just dont touch :wink:

right ive got my bright pink work holiday form sitting here infront of me 8) other then the demo day at bedge, is there any other dates planned that could have a slowly improving rider shoved onto the name list ?

• Bmjboy
    stevet1992 wrote:
    right ive got my bright pink work holiday form sitting here infront of me 8) other then the demo day at bedge, is there any other dates planned that could have a slowly improving rider shoved onto the name list ?

The Bikeradar Live day(s)???

• stevet1992
    Bmjboy wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

The Bikeradar Live day(s)???

good point

only problem is cost

from london to the place its £50 for a single :shock:, anyone else going with a car?(who ive riden with already,would be preety stupid of me to get lfits off strangers :roll: ) ill give ya £40 for the a return jouney :wink: ill even chuck in a few drinks if ya want :lol: andy, breezer,nick? :lol:

also does anyone know how much the actual event is?

• stevet1992 wrote:

Sunday BBH 09:30 at the lookout :wink: be nice to finally meet you. It will be good to see you out again Mike (rather than grabbing you in Canterbury and my kids just stand there stairing) :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Bmjboy
    Im sure between everyone you must be able to get a lift.

My van will be full im afraid (well, with 3 of us legally!)

Is there more info released yet? As may take part in their small enduro event as a taster for our big one.

• stevet1992
    deadpool2e wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Sunday BBH 09:30 at the lookout :wink: be nice to finally meet you. It will be good to see you out again Mike (rather than grabbing you in Canterbury and my kids just stand there stairing) :D

alas i work sundays 7-11 :( , and im sure by the time i get there about 12-1 you will all be facked and heading home :lol:
    Bmjboy wrote:
    Im sure between everyone you must be able to get a lift.

My van will be full im afraid (well, with 3 of us legally!)

Is there more info released yet? As may take part in their small enduro event as a taster for our big one.

nope i dont think any more has been released yet :?
    pahh who pays attention to laws :lol: if i get caught just say im an illegal immagrant or something :twisted:

• Bmjboy
    stevet1992 wrote:
    pahh who pays attention to laws :lol: if i get caught just say im an illegal immagrant or something :twisted:

Hey, you may even get a free house of it then!

Bit odd that more info isnt yet available dont you think?

Events later in the year have info already.... unless its all top secret like a rave! - get a txt the day before and stuff.... cool. :lol:

• stevet1992
    Bmjboy wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Hey, you may even get a free house of it then!

Bit odd that more info isnt yet available dont you think?

Events later in the year have info already.... unless its all top secret like a rave! - get a txt the day before and stuff.... cool. :lol:

yeh :evil: in the papers today some unemployed immagrants are earning £900 A WEEK in benifets :evil: what is the goverment coming to :evil:

remember if theys more then 5 people police will bust through the doors :wink:

just checked again and there is nothing new :(

• What is the date for Bikeradar Live?
  • stevet1992
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    What is the date for Bikeradar Live?

30-31st of may at donnington park

Here

• RussAlf
    "Update"

MBUK is now in the bin

"Update"
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    "Update"

MBUK is now in the bin

"Update"

:lol: i was reading a MTBUK mag from a while back when it wasent just about jumping off 9 billion feet high drops :shock:

• Bmjboy
    Have any of you seen the Isle of Man End 2 End coverage yet on Sky Sports? - Mentioned it the other day, being repeated alot - you have to see it as its purely aimed at XC'ers like us.

(And not some american nu-metal soundtrack to kids doing roadjumps :roll: )

• stevet1992 wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Here

Sweet, was wondering if I needed to book the time off work.. I wouldnt mind going to that.

Oh and Steve, it's 20quid single to London Victoria here, but a few weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to a travelcard which should get you from ashford to london for around about 18-20 now (with the price increase)
    It's all 6 zones and covers the tube aswell...

I'd travel with ya as it's unlikely I can get there any other way.
  • stevet1992
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Here

Sweet, was wondering if I needed to book the time off work.. I wouldnt mind going to that.

Oh and Steve, it's 20quid single to London Victoria here, but a few weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to a travelcard which should get you from ashford to london for around about 18-20 now (with the price increase)
    It's all 6 zones and covers the tube aswell...

I'd travel with ya as it's unlikely I can get there any other way.

i was under impression that it was miles away from london :lol:
    would be a great festival i reckon :D

great timing with th joke text today jon :lol: just stepped out an exam and needed cheering up :D

anyone got a rough map of where bikeradar live is?

• RussAlf
    Good luck getting a bike no a tube :lol: you might want to borrow my fold up!

Whats everyone doing at radar live? the 12hr enduro? is there much decent riding in the area?
  • stevet1992
    just to answer my question

donnington park is near the peak distrcit im guessing as it has on the bikeradar live info bit enjoy good riding around the peak district

russ- i was just hoping to have a wander around all the stalls picking up freebies, maybe buying a few things thenriding locally 8)

so anyone got a big enough car? i dont mind paying my fair share of petrol/food/drink :wink:

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    edited January 2009
    I'm off on the 30-31st May so am definately up for Bike Radar Live. I thought we were talking about doing the 12 hour enduro before, and i think it is teams of 2 or 3 isn't it.

Russ, what were you thinking :wink: I have been meaning to cancel my subscription with them for months, i only subscribed to get a free pair of SPD's but i forgot to enter some stupid code which was in the smallest print known to man IIRC :roll:

P.S. Wahey, 1000th post :D
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    stevet1992 wrote:

donnington park is near the peak distrcit im guessing as it has on the bikeradar live info bit enjoy good riding around the peak district

russ- i was just hoping to have a wander around all the stalls picking up freebies, maybe buying a few things thenriding locally 8)

so anyone got a big enough car? i dont mind paying my fair share of petrol/food/drink :wink:
    Nick's got a book all about riding in the Peak District, got some of the most famouse routes in the UK, including one with nearly 4000m of climbing in 50k :shock: Anyone fancy that :wink: I think the SDW only had 3000m over 100 miles!
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 wrote:

Nick's got a book all about riding in the Peak District, got some of the most famouse routes in the UK, including one with nearly 4000m of climbing in 50k :shock: Anyone fancy that :wink: I think the SDW only had 3000m over 100 miles!

:shock: bloody hell, i thought some of the climbs at BBH where bad :lol:

so andy,breezer fancy giving me a lift :wink: