XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    lol nick, brilliant

papa, nice googling.
  • Russ, I'm a plumbing student... I can assure you no googling occurs here whatsoever
  • McBlip
    McBlip Posts: 36
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    I'm a plumbing student...

Want a job Squire?
    The older I get the faster I was ...
  • RussAlf
    Andy, best i could do.
    Andyjump-vi.jpg

Downloaded the flash video, converted it to a wmv and then grabed a frame in my editing software.
  • McBlip wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Want a job Squire?

Damn straight I do!

- One related to plumbing that is.. I don't do Gimp work anymore :lol:
  • RussAlf
    andyava-vi.jpg
  • McBlip
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    McBlip wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Want a job Squire?

Damn straight I do!

Send me ur C.V.
  • McBlip
    McBlip wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    McBlip wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Want a job Squire?

Damn straight I do!

Send me ur C.V.

www.planetplumbing.co.uk
  • Thats what i like about this thread, you can even get a job...........
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • McBlip
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Thats what i like about this thread, you can even get a job...........

:lol::lol::lol:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Thats what i like about this thread, you can even get a job...........

:lol: its seem so 8)

i think we should have our own little bit :lol: a whole section dedicated to our random ramblings :wink:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Don’t suppose any one has a 70 or 80mm stem (or Both) sitting around that I could borrow. I want to see if I like the feel and which is best before buying one. Cheers guys

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Don’t suppose any one has a 70 or 80mm stem (or Both) sitting around that I could borrow. I want to see if I like the feel and which is best before buying one. Cheers guys
    I'v got a 65mm/10deg rise one you could borrow. What length is your current stem?
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    Don’t suppose any one has a 70 or 80mm stem (or Both) sitting around that I could borrow. I want to see if I like the feel and which is best before buying one. Cheers guys
    I'v got a 65mm/10deg rise one you could borrow. What length is your current stem?

Mines a 90 at the mo.
    If i could borrow that it would be nice. i can send you a self addressed box to send back to me. Did you get the cable rub things?

Anyone else got one i could borrow?

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Anyone else get the veritable treat of MTB action last night on Sky?

1 Hour of the Isle of Man End 2 End race, then 30 mins of the Mountainbike Show - I almost fell over, usually Im hunting through the wee small hours on Sky+ to find things to record to keep me enthused.

The End 2 End programe was quite good, followed the experts actually racing, but also provided a few weekend warriors with helmet cams to follow their progress too.

It'll probably be repeated, but its only called "Cycling" within the Sky sports channels.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Check out here. The MTB'ing just keeps on going :wink:

I liked the look of the course. IIRC, the winner, Nick Craig, did 1 "lap" in 2h55m, so I reckon that'd make an interesting End2End2End challenge. :twisted:
    150km & 3000m climbing :shock: Just gotta find out if the course is publicly rideable.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    deadpool2e wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Mines a 90 at the mo.
    If i could borrow that it would be nice. i can send you a self addressed box to send back to me. Did you get the cable rub things?

Yep got the cable rub thingies, thanks mate. How ouch do i owe you for them? Ill send it back to you with the stem.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    Nick -
    Water, it's at it's densest when it's at 4 degrees. When it boils at 100 degrees, it expands by 1600 times it's size (liquid to gas)
    When it's frozen, or on it's way.. It goes down to neutral density (like air, which is why all liquids and gases are measured in relative density compared to water and air).
    Once it reaches 0 degrees, it will freeze (liguid to solid) and it WILL expand by 10%.

Water, if I remember rightly.. Is the only thing that can change into all 3 states - Solid to Liquid to Gas. Hence why it's so special.
    Lol i know - i'm a chemist remember! Was merely pedantically stating that the 10% expansion requires a starting measuring point. For example if you were to freeze steam it wouldn't be an expansion, now would it ;) That last comment isn't true, you may be thinking about the triple point which is often explained using water as an example. Sorry - i was bored so regressed to my uni days. My New Years resolution is to post on topic so here goes:

Whose riding where this weekend? And are people still on for riding tonight? Canterbury is an ice rink by the way ;)
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Mines a 90 at the mo.

Yep got the cable rub thingies, thanks mate. How ouch do i owe you for them? Ill send it back to you with the stem.

Its a freebe mate, will sort out a box and send to you cheers again.

• impished
    [off_topic]
    said something in another language about water :?
    [/off_topic]
    [on_topic]
    And are people still on for riding tonight? Canterbury is an ice rink by the way ;)
    I'm still good for tonight. Got my brand new overshoes ready and waiting. I'm sure if we all wrap up warm we'll be fine :wink:

Wednesday @ Blean @ 18:45
    Impished (Ade)

(please add as appropriate :wink: )

[/on_topic]
  • impished
    Not sure about the weekend. I'll have a word with the missus and see if I can secure clearance (in triplicate :roll: ) for a venture out. I presume you're interested in a wander somewhere Nick... Anywhere in mind?
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Overshoes.... my friend was whinging about his feet the other day at Bedgebury as well whereas my specilized shoes are great. Not hot at all in the summer but good protection round the front so the cold air doesnt get in and enough room to move my toes which is a massive part of coldness issues. My right one was even fine after I insisted on kicking the ice at the side of the frozen lake by the cafe until it broke at which point my foot went into the lake :oops:
  • impished
    breezer wrote:
    Overshoes.... my friend was whinging about his feet the other day at Bedgebury as well whereas my specilized shoes are great. Not hot at all in the summer but good protection round the front so the cold air doesnt get in and enough room to move my toes which is a massive part of coldness issues. My right one was even fine after I insisted on kicking the ice at the side of the frozen lake by the cafe until it broke at which point my foot went into the lake :oops:
    I wear Specialized BG's which I'm really digging, but they've got more holes in 'em than a Swiss cheese :shock: Great for Summer, FREEZING in winter.
  • breezer
    I use some BG's like this but cheaper ones with 3 velcro straps instead

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=11627

however, my feet are permantely hot, family problem so thats probably why im ok. Takes a lot for them to suddenly reach the point and they flip over to being numb. My fingers are quite bad and the opposite, if I touch anything when its below zero without gloves they hurt ridiculously

Round bedgebury the other day I only had a base layer and wind proof top, cycling shorts and waterproof leggings. Im just such a HOT person lol although sadly not in the sense that women like and anything over 20C and I just suffer really bad, summer is awful :(
  • breezer
    I will be riding this weekend on the Turner hopefully but only locally as its the first Gorrick race a week Sunday and having not ridden the bike for nearly a month and not at all with correctly working forks, I need to uber faff with it to get it setup right and remind myself what working brakes are like etc.

Saturday is build day. Still not worked out quite how to ride my bike through a forest whilst carrying full sized spade, pitch fork and rake without killing myself
  • impished
    [1,000th_post :shock: ]
    breezer wrote:
    Saturday is build day. Still not worked out quite how to ride my bike through a forest whilst carrying full sized spade, pitch fork and rake without killing myself
    I reckon it's time us Blean'ers got hold of a couple of folding spades and saws. :twisted:
    Anyone got either already?

[1,000th_post :roll: ]
  • pittpony
    I've got a couple of saws and a spade, Ade (I'm a poet)!

Would be up for a build day - maybe a few more paths around the already good singletrack you so love!

OK well if i can't wimp out of tinight i'll see you and anyone else at 6.45 :lol:
  • pittpony
    Oh - yes i'd like to ride this weekend but haven't thought about where yet. Maybe not as far as Swinley this time. Perhaps BBH? Or i might check out what Kent Trails are up to depending on what you guys fancy
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    thanks for the info guys! i might have to bring my bike to work one day and have an extended lunch! my new years resolution is to ride as many different trails as i can this year (altho i started in nov/dec) so ill have to give blean and swinley a good punt! altho im not that lazy, ill always be worried about gettin lost! ill have a venture up to epping and see what its like up there, altho judging from the youtube vids, its not gunna be all that!

just got my sparkly new rockshox revelations through the post so gunna have a quick run around dartford heath on sat, followed possibly by a go round bedgebury! cant wait!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012