XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    breezer wrote:
    Wow that is cheap! Shame i can't afford it at the moment though, thanks for the heads up anyway. I notice the retail on that site is about £300 cheaper too so i'll definitely look on there again once i have saved up some money! Will probably be about 4 months though :roll: Dosn't help that i am constantly replacing bits on my current bike every 5 minuets, need a new rear mech now :evil:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    breezer wrote:
    Wow that is cheap! Shame i can't afford it at the moment though, thanks for the heads up anyway. I notice the retail on that site is about £300 cheaper too so i'll definitely look on there again once i have saved up some money! Will probably be about 4 months though :roll: Dosn't help that i am constantly replacing bits on my current bike every 5 minuets, need a new rear mech now :evil:

whats happened with your rear mech then?

ive already planned what this months pay check is going on :lol: tora u-turns for £130 i just cant resist :wink:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    breezer wrote:
    Which DH section heh, I dont recall any longer than 10 seconds just nice flat singletrack. God knows how you find your way round there at night though as it all looks the same lol
    Note downhill was used in it's losest possible sense :wink:

BTW, anyone got any spd's floating about waiting for the bin? I managed to lose "the-bit-that-adjusts-the-spring-tension" (piccy to follow)
    I have some too if you want them for Wednesday. I have my old Shimano's with flats on one side and SPD on the other, or the Time Attack's with cleats.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Dosn't help that i am constantly replacing bits on my current bike every 5 minuets, need a new rear mech now :evil:
    Superb use of the word "need" Andy - I wholeheartedly agree with it when used in MTB terms :D
  • andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    breezer wrote:

whats happened with your rear mech then?

ive already planned what this months pay check is going on :lol: tora u-turns for £130 i just cant resist :wink:
    The cage is bent. What is even more annoying is i have an old Deore mech but the cable is too short, even with a Rollermajig. Think i might just get a new cable and run that for a while. Agghh but then it's going to bash against the chainstay and drive me mad! Anyone got a tatty but straight Shadow mech that is ready for the bin? :wink:
  • andyturner28
    edited January 2009
  • andyturner28
    edited January 2009
    ...........post :roll:
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Its a crazy price. In this months MBR it got 10/10 at £1399, now it seems they have reduced it and then that shop has 15% off in the sale! I might just buy one, sell the "new" Pikes and put some 2nd hand 36 Van's on it and use it as a thrash around DH bike hmm, should really use the money for council tax etc.... :)
  • stevet1992
    The cage is bent. What is even more annoying is i have an old Deore mech but the cable is too short, even with a Rollermajig. Think i might just get a new cable and run that for a while. Agghh but then it's going to bash against the chainstay and drive me mad! Anyone got a tatty but straight Shadow mech that is destined for the bin? :wink:

oo dear looks like you MUST buy a new one then, you know i hear they say the XTR's are 5 million times better then anything else :twisted:

ive just extraced 4 tonnes of dry leaves from my drivetrain :lol: after blean on friday i havent cleaned my bike :oops: :roll:

• stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    Its a crazy price. In this months MBR it got 10/10 at £1399, now it seems they have reduced it and then that shop has 15% off in the sale! I might just buy one, sell the "new" Pikes and put some 2nd hand 36 Van's on it and use it as a thrash around DH bike hmm, should really use the money for council tax etc.... :)

ahhh what is this council tax you speak of :wink:

• breezer
    Its £93 of annoyance every month and thats with my 25% discount for repeling women and being single! damm bills, got fleeced £48 for sewage this month as a quarterly bill. I get no tv reception at all on analogue, no freeview at all yet still I have to have a tv license at £130 or whatever it is, this country winds me right up!

This site is annoying me as its being so slow most of the time and its not just at home, been the same at work on a different isp
  • andyturner28
    edited January 2009
    It's really slow for me too, and doing strange things, hence the above multiple posts :roll:
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    Its £93 of annoyance every month and thats with my 25% discount for repeling women and being single! damm bills, got fleeced £48 for sewage this month as a quarterly bill. I get no tv reception at all on analogue, no freeview at all yet still I have to have a tv license at £130 or whatever it is, this country winds me right up!

This site is annoying me as its being so slow most of the time and its not just at home, been the same at work on a different isp

:lol: im sure old gordy can do without £93 just this once :twisted: i mean im sure he woudl understand :lol:

yep im getting the same problem superrrrr slow then displays article not found :evil: bikeradar SORT IT OUT :roll:

• pittpony
    Less than 1K is silly money for that bike - might get myself one just to annoy Andy ;):lol:

Hmm just need to find a grand now. I might ask my friend "Mr Express". He comes all the way from America and is very wealthy ;) I genuinely think with my old boss I could have put it on my corporate card and gotten away with it! Damn these reorganisations :lol:
  • breezer
    oh lol SORT your phone out Andy or is there just a giant echo in here? :lol:
  • breezer
    A few years back I had about a grand debt on my credit card for a year or so and they kept putting the limit up to tempt me to spend more. I paid it off but the limit is still high, currently £5.6k ! think of the bikes you could get with that heh!
  • pittpony
    I thought i was having problems with the site but it's nothing compared to Andy and his apparent short term memory ;)

Imagine i posted this 3 times for the purposes of a joke ;)
  • pittpony
    breezer wrote:
    A few years back I had about a grand debt on my credit card for a year or so and they kept putting the limit up to tempt me to spend more. I paid it off but the limit is still high, currently £5.6k ! think of the bikes you could get with that heh!
    Don't tempt me - i must have 4 or 5 credit cards with well over 10k total credit on them :shock: Just old cards i never use as i rinsed them for balance transfers etc. Its shocking the credit these companies will give out but i guess they know if i don't pay up they can pinch my house!
  • breezer
    Thats where people get caught out ie ooh I have room on my card, I will put it on that and pay it off in a month or so........which never happens. They keep putting the limit up to tempt you even more! Im biding my time for a house, going to let them come down a bit more first, thats if I can get a mortgage seeing as most have gone unless you have massive deposit and even then the rates are 6% or more for a 2 year fixed, massively above base rate! Theres an identical house to this one im renting but with a garage and drive for sale 50m down the road so just as perfect position ie 4 mins from direct station to london, 2 mins from FC forest but its way over priced atm, might ask them if they want to take 30k off it :lol:
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    I thought i was having problems with the site but it's nothing compared to Andy and his apparent short term memory ;)

What, i have no idea what your talking about :wink:

Don't fancy giving me one of those credit cards by any chance :wink: I wish i could get finance but my bank completely fooked up a year ago and landed me with loads of bank charges i refused to pay, which has mullered my credit score! I wasn't interested in getting finance for anything again at the time :roll:
  • pittpony
    Yep there seems to be a gulf in what buyers and sellers are valuing houses at just at the moment! I hope its sorted by mid year but i'm not getting my hopes up :s I'm hoping the market sures up soon so i can sell this place without making a loss. Wishful thinking i reckon, ah well its only money! :lol:
  • breezer
    I could lend you the money but with 15% interest and I would need collateral of some description. Do you have a sister? 8)
  • andyturner28
    breezer wrote:
    I could lend you the money but with 15% interest and I would need collateral of some description. Do you have a sister? 8)
    Why yes :lol:
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:

now now breezer :lol:

how the hell are you guys posting so quick :shock: in the time it takes me to load the page 5 comments have been made :shock:

im having lack of ride depression :cry: cant get out wednesday as i have exams thursday and friday :( but sundays looking good :wink:

• breezer
    Interesting :lol:

Does she like old bald men?
  • andyturner28
    stevet1992 wrote:
    breezer wrote:

now now breezer :lol:

how the hell are you guys posting so quick :shock: in the time it takes me to load the page 5 comments have been made :shock:

im having lack of ride depression :cry: cant get out wednesday as i have exams thursday and friday :( but sundays looking good :wink:
    I think they listened to you, tis now really fast again for me 8)
  • pittpony
    pittpony wrote:

Don't fancy giving me one of those credit cards by any chance :wink: I wish i could get finance but my bank completely fooked up a year ago and landed me with loads of bank charges i refused to pay, which has mullered my credit score! I wasn't interested in getting finance for anything again at the time :roll:
    I genuinely think that unless you are exceptionally financially savvy you're better off without finance if you can avoid it. I read up on a lot of stuff like this and play a few games with cards etc but in the long term its never seen me make any real profit so has been barely worth the hassle, especially as i've been hit with interest a couple of times. The best i've got out of it is a couple of interest free loans and a few hundred quid. Worth waiting a few months and saving IMHO :roll:
  • andyturner28
    breezer wrote:
    Interesting :lol:

Does she like old bald men?
    Na i think that could be a bit of a stumbling block, dosn't like baldies and is currently hitched :( Would you take a kidney :wink:
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    pittpony wrote:

I genuinely think that unless you are exceptionally financially savvy you're better off without finance if you can avoid it. I read up on a lot of stuff like this and play a few games with cards etc but in the long term its never seen me make any real profit so has been barely worth the hassle, especially as i've been hit with interest a couple of times. The best i've got out of it is a couple of interest free loans and a few hundred quid. Worth waiting a few months and saving IMHO :roll:
    I agree, i don't think i would get finance again even if i could. I'v got 2K to pay back on one card as it is, and the interest rate seems to be going up by the week, think it's currently 33%. Time for a balance transfer i think, can anyone reccomend a good one to go for? But i suppose even to do that you need a good credit score?