XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Legless wrote:
    Well if anyone wants to come round with their dirtworker and demonstrate it to me on two muddy bikes I have downstairs that will be great...

i just leave mine in the garage and then the magic pixy faires come and clean it :wink:

i tryed getting them on film but all i got was my clean freak road racer of a dad giving my bike a once over :roll:

now im back to MTBuk :wink: i only seem to be able to afford it when there are no good freebies :evil: i mean what the hell use is a poster :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Ugh - just arranged a ride with a couple of friends from work after Christmas. Where do they want to go?? Bedgebury!

"I hear its awesome"

Erm - no :shock:

Ah well haven't been for a while so will be a change. Does anyone know how muddy it is nowadays?
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    rofl do you even need an answer to that?
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Yeah its bone dry nick.

Pic i took yesterday

desert_to_abu_simbel.JPG
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    Yeah its bone dry nick.

Pic i took yesterday

desert_to_abu_simbel.JPG

:shock: i imagined it would have trees and rocks and the like :roll: assumptions can be wrong i suppose :wink:

• pittpony
    Ah thanks Russ - i was hoping that's what you'd say :D

I meant is it rideable or am i completely wasting my time going there. Rather than just mostly wasting my time :lol:
  • breezer
    Well I havent been for a month but it was a farce then. Ok it hasnt rained much for a couple of weeks but before that it was really bad. On this note I was reading Novembers mbuk last night which went there and gave it a massive slating and rightly so. Things like the lethal gravel, conditions, bad routes, no bikes allowed by the cafe etc. When it first went in, it did actually flow nicely but since no money has been spent on it other than some dangerous gravel, its gone downhill.

Im off to the South Downs on saturday morning, some friends wanted a ride as well so plotted a route above Eastbourne, to Alfriston, Friston forest etc. Metcheck says it will feel like -4C so will have to ride quick heh
  • breezer
    oh lol, just remembered the photos a friend took when we went to Bedgebury before it officially opened around Easter 2006 with his sister and her bf who only ride on the road occasionally. Note the conditions :lol::lol::lol:

http://darkrepository.com/galleries/bedgebury/Page.html
  • breezer wrote:
    Well I havent been for a month but it was a farce then. Ok it hasnt rained much for a couple of weeks but before that it was really bad. On this note I was reading Novembers mbuk last night which went there and gave it a massive slating and rightly so. Things like the lethal gravel, conditions, bad routes, no bikes allowed by the cafe etc. When it first went in, it did actually flow nicely but since no money has been spent on it other than some dangerous gravel, its gone downhill.

Im off to the South Downs on saturday morning, some friends wanted a ride as well so plotted a route above Eastbourne, to Alfriston, Friston forest etc. Metcheck says it will feel like -4C so will have to ride quick heh
    I would like to tell you all about that bit of the South Downs Way, but all i could think about was my sore ass, and everyone repeating "4 MILES!" over and over :wink:
  • pittpony
    Lol looks like Bedgebury was just as bad before all us nasty bikers messed it up!

I'll warn the girls about the mud and see if i can convince them Blean or BBH are the way forward.

[patronise] I think BBH might be a bit hardcore for them though, bless 'em! [/patronise]

Blean has hald up pretty well to the mud so far this year all things considered so if it stays dry I reckon i'll go for that option. Although i will most likely be overruled :roll:
  • breezer
    heh Andy, ive done billions of rides up around that area although ive only once been further west than Alfriston and that was only because I was camping in Newhaven.

Still not been to Blean but if that briefly discussed ride on the 4th happens and its there then I will go.
  • breezer
    pittpony wrote:
    I'll warn the girls about the mud and see if i can convince them Blean or BBH are the way forward.

Hang on a minute....."the girls?" 8)
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    pittpony wrote:

Hang on a minute....."the girls?" 8)

where ever you go just watch out for breezer hiding in the hedge :wink:

i joke breezer :lol:

• pittpony wrote:
    Lol looks like Bedgebury was just as bad before all us nasty bikers messed it up!

[patronise] I think BBH might be a bit hardcore for them though, bless 'em! [/patronise]

Blean has hald up pretty well to the mud so far this year all things considered so if it stays dry I reckon i'll go for that option. Although i will most likely be overruled :roll:
    Yeah i rode round Blean this evening and with the exception of a few puddles and patches of mud here and there, it was pretty much bone dry :D Dough, i'v said it now, it's probably going to piss it down tonight now :roll:

Love those pictures, especially the look on her face in that last pic :lol: How the hell were they so clean and dry, considering all the mud :?
  • breezer wrote:
    heh Andy, ive done billions of rides up around that area although ive only once been further west than Alfriston and that was only because I was camping in Newhaven.

Still not been to Blean but if that briefly discussed ride on the 4th happens and its there then I will go.
    Personally i am routing for Swinley :)
  • I all ready for Swinley on the 4th :)
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • breezer
    Could be up for Swinley. Have you ever ridden up on the North Downs around Leith Hill, Boxley Hill etc. Did a XC route round there before with my friend which was great and apparently there are loads of hidden singletrack bits, What mountain bike or something showed 3 routes there a month or so back.

my Turners forks have just arrived back from service so finally something good has happened this xmas break and I can stop riding my Inbred off road with its non functioning rear suspension
  • Russ is the MAN to talk to about the Surry Hills. I have been there alot with him as well but always get the feeling i would get lost if on my own.

Its bad enough waiting for him at the end of each run :D

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I all ready for Swinley on the 4th :)
    Does this mean you are now the proud owner of a radioactive-snot-green Commencal?

Any news on your frame Russ?
  • Yes, shes all built up and i may collect her today or saturday.

Ade you coming to swinley on the 4th?

Last chance on a chris king headset or stumpy frame, anyone? :D

• RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Russ is the MAN to talk to about the Surry Hills. I have been there alot with him as well but always get the feeling i would get lost if on my own.

Its bad enough waiting for him at the end of each run :D

lol Ive normally bring a picnic along to eat while im waiting. :D

I think im working on the 4th, not that it makes any difference.
  • RussAlf
    impished wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Does this mean you are now the proud owner of a radioactive-snot-green Commencal?

Nope nadda, basically been told to wait till after the new year. GREATTTTTT, im having major withdrawl symptoms.
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    impished wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Nope nadda, basically been told to wait till after the new year. GREATTTTTT, im having major withdrawl symptoms.

perfect excuse to get a new bike :wink:

well it might not be in your case with such a expesnive/good bike :lol:

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Hi All - Not been on for a while - [pun]Wrapping[/pun] up my business activities before xmas always keeps me away from the fun stuff!

My bike will be sitting in the LBS over xmas feeling sorry for itself until the brake is fixed, and now EVERYONE wants to go for a mid-holiday ride! - typical!

Everyone have a great xmas and New Year, bring on 2009 for:

More Riding
    More meets with the forum regulars
    Bontrager 24/12 in July (Yes Im entering!!)
    Smaller Waistline!

Have a good one.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • pittpony
    Russ - you know I have two rather nice bikes and you're more than welcome to borrow one if you want to get out and ride. I'm not sure if i'd trust the carbon in your rather "extreme" hands unless you promised to go easy on her, but the Trance is all set up and running nicely.
  • stevet1992
    are the weekly rides still happening at blean?on wednesday nights

Just santa may be bringing me some lights 8) and i dont have 6th form for a while :D

So whats everyone expecting for christmas then?

• Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Such good festive spirit Nick, brilliant!

Right I am off to eat and drink myself stupid for the foreseeable future, the drinking bit is dangerous as last night I nearly spent £150 on a bike website on bits, in my inebriated state I was telling myself it was a good idea...

Enjoy yourselves!

And Russ, don't feel too down, windy on Boxing Day and everyday after that until the end of time it seems. Although it is gonna be very cold on the water, very cold indeed...
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Merry (hic :oops: ) Christmas everyone....

Hope you've all been good, cos Father Chrimbo is on his way :shock: Keep an eye on him here

Hope to see y'all on 4th of January.
  • Well besides a small ride 2morrow, I'm more than willing to get out any other time around BBH if anyone's heading this way at any time.
    Cant do Boxing day though :(