XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• not got new bike yet, so stumpy has not been advertised.

Ok i got a meta 5 vip in very bright green.....

Will post some pics once i get her.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    deadpool2e wrote:
    not got new bike yet, so stumpy has not been advertised.

Ha ha i can't wait to see her! Right we need to sort out a Christmas / New Year daytime ride. My free dates are:

29 Dec
    31 Dec (probably free)
    2 Jan

I don't care where we ride but it'd be good to get a full day in. Any takers??
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    pittpony wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    not got new bike yet, so stumpy has not been advertised.

Ha ha i can't wait to see her! Right we need to sort out a Christmas / New Year daytime ride. My free dates are:

29 Dec
    31 Dec (probably free)
    2 Jan

I don't care where we ride but it'd be good to get a full day in. Any takers??

i should be free most of them days definetly the 29th 8) but would only be able to make it to somewhere in kent unfortunatly and im sure most of you will want to go off to swinley or somewhere like that :cry:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Only the 2nd for me out of that lot which I was able to book off, working the rest of the time
  • working all those days ...Arrgghhhh

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    Could also do the 3rd or 4th Jan but i think Andy is working that weekend. Maybe it'll have to be 2 rides!
  • pittpony wrote:
    Could also do the 3rd or 4th Jan but i think Andy is working that weekend. Maybe it'll have to be 2 rides!
    Na i'm off that weekend, but working all your other dates, so guess which dates i am routing for :wink: I would love to do Swinley or Surry that weekend if anyone else can make it. Feel's kinda mean suggesting that area while Russ can't ride though!
  • pittpony
    Fingers crossed Russ will be back in action by then :)

Lets organise for that weekend then. Shall we say the 3rd?
  • stevet1992
    edited December 2008
    pittpony wrote:
    Na i'm off that weekend, but working all your other dates, so guess which dates i am routing for :wink: I would love to do Swinley or Surry that weekend if anyone else can make it. Feel's kinda mean suggesting that area while Russ can't ride though!

i thought he had 'supped' up his fold up bike :wink:

if i can get the money for the train fare i would love to come to swinley/surry :lol: ill let you know just after christmas

and dont worry my stamina has increased 100 fold im now easily doing a 30mile ride each week and still managing 6 miles ot school and the 5 miles to work 7 days a week :twisted:

• stevet1992
    pittpony wrote:

damn beat to the post by 10 seconds :( if you lot dont mind having me there :roll: i could maybe do the 3rd would have to check with work etc

• Im up for the 4th as i am not sure if i have to work on that saturday, but sunday is good for me at swinley.

• pittpony wrote:

The 3rd sounds good to me :D Hopefully i have got rid of this "boomerang cold" by then. No that's actually what they are calling it, because it always comes back with a vengence....i feel crap again :evil:
  • stevet1992
    edited December 2008
    pittpony wrote:

The 3rd sounds good to me :D Hopefully i have got rid of this "boomerang cold" by then. No that's actually what they are calling it, because it always comes back with a vengence....i feel crap again :evil:

i usually find that if you just grab a handful of lemsips and just throw them all in ya mouth it soon gets rid of it 8)

ill ask about the 3rd tomorrow at work

and again the usual questions :oops: whats the nearest station to where ever the ride is :lol:

• deadpool2e wrote:
    Im up for the 4th as i am not sure if i have to work on that saturday, but sunday is good for me at swinley.
    I'm good for either day at the moment. I will probably have to work one day that weekend but which one will depend on when we are riding.
  • stevet1992
    so has a date been set yet? :roll:

• well i would like the 4th if poss....

anyone else coming??

• pittpony
    I'm good for the 4th.

Picked up my dirtworker yesterday for a BARGAIN £24.50 ish after the VAT adjustment. Looking forward to trying it out!
  • This thread should be renamed "the official Dirtworker lover" thread :wink: I look forward to trying it too :)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Hello

I am still alive dont worry! Dont think ill be able to make any ride in the near fufure i have no frame or forks and dont think ill be getting either by at least after the 5th of Jan.

If anybody wants a dirtworker Tonbridge is a 5 min drive.

Bahhh Hummbugg
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Bummer Russ, At least it has been warm and windy, sincerely hope you have been kiting... I haven't...

I'm away on family duties most of Christmas, still gonna ride just not in Kent will be in the game come the new year...
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Hello

I am still alive dont worry! Dont think ill be able to make any ride in the near fufure i have no frame or forks and dont think ill be getting either by at least after the 5th of Jan.

Bahhh Hummbugg
    So they are going to give you a new frame then 8) I thought your silence was due to it all going pear shaped and you'd given up biking :wink:

Where's your forks, are you getting them TF Tuned? Been thinking about that myself once i get the new bike.....eventually :roll:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf wrote:
    Hello

Bahhh Hummbugg
    So they are going to give you a new frame then 8) I thought your silence was due to it all going pear shaped and you'd given up biking :wink:

Where's your forks, are you getting them TF Tuned? Been thinking about that myself once i get the new bike.....eventually :roll:

I dunno if im getting a new frame yet, i dont know anything. Merlin have been great but Madison the distributors are next to useless. Apparently Commencal are pretty bad when it comes to warrenty claims, they sort you out ok but it takes ages (must be euro times).

Forks are with TF Tuned being PUSHed and serviced, thought i might aswell considering they are leaking from both top caps, i must be to extreme!

If i dont get a new frame they would offer me a cheaper replacement, if that doesnt happen then ill buy a new frame but it wont be a Commencal. Im sure it will be fine though, ive just chosen to send it off at the worst time of year. Id buy a new frame before id give up.
  • pittpony
    Glad to hear you're still with us Russ - sorry to hear they're being so slow with the frame :(

Had a great ride round BBH today. Wasn't planning on getting out but woke up and just had to get a ride in. It was a bit muddy in a fair few places but i thought it would be worse given the time of year. Anyway to start i felt a little out of shape - the climbs seemed to drag a bit but i reckon its just because i was back on the Trance. Incidentally i'm definitely looking for a longer stem now as it wanders like a pig on the ups compared to the XTC. It also weighs a fair bit more! By the time i got going it wasn't too bad though

I rode about 17-18 miles and had planned to do more but they were hard miles given the clay based mud i was slogging through. I really felt i rode well though - I nailed some of the downhills so much quicker than i have done before, then of course there was my piece de la resistance:

3124926399_683df762e6.jpg

Anyone guess the section, or guess why I'm grinning so much??! I have to admit i didn't make it down ALL of them - the steepest biggest ones right at the end caught me out but i'll get it next time. Was so pleased i ended up going back up 3 or 4 times!

Really feel my riding has come on since I last rode there and I can't wait to get out again 8)
  • RussAlf
    Nice welll done Nick, you really should be wearing a helmet though :lol:
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Nice welll done Nick, you really should be wearing a helmet though :lol:
    True - if nothing else to hide that god awful helmet hair :lol:

Obviously I was wearing it for the rest of the ride.

Oh yeah - the dirtwrker was good but I ran out of water as it was such sticky clay based mud. Next time i'll fill it to the brim, pack a brush and it'll be perfect
  • RussAlf
    Haha i know Nick, i was pulling your leg about the helmet.

Check out the swinley thread, some guy posted up one of my pics possibly pretending it was his own. Its exaclty the same as one on my photo site, including the named waymarks i made.
  • stevet1992
    sorry to hear about your bike russ, hope its back soon 8)

had a major problem today, went to take the tyre off to fix a puncture and ended up snapping half a dozen spokes :shock: they just snapped all at once :( so im now rolling on a sun single track with deore hubs (mate had them in garage) and looks like im buying the pair for £50

had a good ride today managed to pluck up the courage to do a few technical bits which should help when tackling the likes of BBH :shock:

nice pic nick would of looked a bit odd to some passers by though :lol:

• pittpony
    Yeah i saw that - lol i suspected when I read "Fat Orange" but the pic even has your name on it! I just assumed he followed the map and posted it to show the route
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    Yeah i saw that - lol i suspected when I read "Fat Orange" but the pic even has your name on it! I just assumed he followed the map and posted it to show the route

Yeah thats what i thought :D all good :D

Shame about your wheel Steve, take the wheel to your LBS and get the correct size spokes and then find a guide on the internet and put them in. I doubt it would be to hard.
  • pittpony
    I heard if one spoke snaps its likely that others will too so it might be a case of replacing all of them or getting a new wheel.