Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Hi all,
    I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of a Sunday ride, however tempting - I've got a training program that I'm following for the Reading half marathon - in the absence of a 10k race, I'm going to push my PB for the Yaxley 7mile route. HOWEVER I am definitely up for Sat 12th. I am game for any local venue. Troopy, do you have your new route on Memory Map or similar?
    It'd be nice to meet you all.
    Acac, nice bike, but lacking some mud. Mike, did you get the tubeless working?

S
  • Afternoon All
    I'm based near huntingdon, I ride at chicksands and thetford mainly.
    Will be interested in riding any new routes around peterborough though
  • Grahamt1980 welcome to the group... :D

I used to ride chicksand 8) every other wednesday evening also enjoy a good play over there :shock:

We are setting a ride up for saturday if your intrested :?:

ACAC i see the Rev's are looking good how are you finding them :?:

Anyone else up for saturday

So far Me , ACAC and MBRFAN, i think :shock:

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    yep my rev seem to be very good what sort time so we meet 10 clock or abit later i dont mind what time?
    play hard ride hard
  • should be up for that, what time and where?
    Got a few things to do on saturday morning but can hopefully fit them in round things
    Graham
  • mbrfan
    Well gents, we seem to have a few for Sat. So, I propose Ferry Meadows at 10am. Let's go for the cafe by the vistiors centre i.e. NOT the watersports centre.
    Next is the route - you are all probably more experienced on this one than me. Chris, do you mind going over the same one you just did, or would you like some variety? Failing that, we've got 4 days to pore over the maps!

S
  • I'll have to back out of saturday - I'm in london spending silly money on my g/f's christmas prezzie.

Have fun!

Mike
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Guys a bit off the wall does anyone want to ride Rutland Water saturday instead of Peterborough dont mind either :?:

Just a though let me know what you think, i can fit 2 other people in my car :shock:

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

• Only going to be able to make saturday if its after 11 i'm afraid, go to shift some metalwork
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Hopefully I should be up for Saturday, 11 is fine if this gives Graham a look in, otherwise 10 will also suit.
    S. I don't mind doing the same route as the other Sunday, I didn't get out last Sunday anyway (over indulged beer wise on Saturday night :shock: 8) :roll: :wink: :? :oops: ) so I've only done it once, Its around 22 miles, If that suits everyone?
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • mbrfan
    At the risk of being pushy, could I opt for theTroopy route? I've ticked off Rutland a few times now and I'm keen to check out new routes, especially north of P'boro. Sorry Lee. 11am works just as well. Don't suppose there's a pub en route?

Plus, has anyone been to Woburn Sands? Perhaps a topic for discussion over a pint?

S
  • acac
    11am is fine by me dont mind where anywhere abe good to get out on my bike if rutland water i need a lift if that ok lee thanks
    where shell it be then?
    play hard ride hard
  • Chaps

11am sounds fine to me just need to take it a bit easy on me first ride since being ill and xmas :shock:

So visitor center it is then see you there chaps , here hoping the weather holds out :lol:

Lee
    Lee

• 11 should be fine by me. WIll see you there
  • Its been about 2 months since i have rode my rock lobster now, holidays/xmas/bad weather, so i really need to get out on it. So am also going to try and be at ferry meadows for 11am.

The last ride i did was a 50 miler going through fineshade etc but that will probably kill me at the moment :shock: , so what route is being planned?
  • Looks like there is going to be a quite a few of us, the more the merry as they say... :D

Jamie i am hoping that we are doing Troppy's 22 miler :shock: as i tihnk even that may hurt a little in the morning :?

See you all outside the visitor center at 11....... :shock:
    Lee

• Have fun guys!

Incidently, has anyone of you seen this:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 0#14684440

I'm rather tempted to try it, parhaps even taking a few days and getting some more north wales trails in.

Just to throw somthing into the grinder :)
  • Troopy
    mikebert4
    Sounds good, I also could be up for this. What would make it good is if we could descend by the Pyg track. :D
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Troopy
    Looks like a good turn out is likely for Saturday, the weather is forecast is for the best day of this week, however it's going to be wet, muddy and slippery so winter shoes or covers will be a good idea.
    S. asked if there was a pub on route! We can extend the route a little/lot and do a food stop somewhere if that is what people want, I'll have a look at the map and then discuss options on the day.
    Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday
    [/img]
  • Guys

Sorry about this but wont be there today, wife's not feeling to great :oops:

Hope you have a good ride.... :D

Lee :cry:
    Lee

• I managed to get up late, today was my first lie in a week, so going to to head down twards ferry meadows for 12. Hopefully i wil spot someone, but if not then yet again 'till the next time!

Its like herding cats :wink:
  • Troopy
    jamieayres and grahamt1980 you missed a good ride, the weather was perfect, trail a little muddy and wet but that's what mountainbiking is all about this time of the year don't you think!
    mbrfan and acac thanks for the good company, I hope you will agree, that's another good ride in the bag!
    OK who's up for next weekend?
  • Sorry I missed it.
    The bloke who was coming to hlp me shift scrap metal around didn't turn up till after 10, so it stopped me riding today. If i can i will be around next weekend. At the moment there is nothing planned
  • mbrfan
    Thanks Troopy and acac for the ride. A clear sky, good views and a bit of company in the mud - the day flew by. The wife was getting a bit worried! The mud came off easy enough though - Troopy, looks like you were right - my middle chain ring looks ropey, perhaps a couple of bent teeth and some burrs.
    Next Sunday looks good for a ride. Any suggestions for a route and rendevous? I can offer a lift if it helps.

S.
  • acac
    thankyou troopy + mbrfan for the punishment but hey loved it.
    no i dear where i was going but thats part of the fun too knacked to clean the bike have to wait tell tomorrow thanks again guys :)
    play hard ride hard
  • I can do Next sunday (assuming you mean the 20th) and Rutland would be peachy, seeing as I know Lee wanted us to hit out for a ride over that way.

Anyone else?
  • mbrfan
    Count me in
  • If we could do Sunday instead of Saturday I am sure i can fit that in, but it's not a problem we cant change the day :D

Rutland sounds like a grand idea Mike :D

Lee :shock:
    Lee

• Troopy
    I'm in for Sunday, Rutland is ok with me, I know of a bridle way that loops around the back of Girton Hall (I think that is what the hall's called) it starts at Egleton, if anyone is interested!
  • On review, Sunday will be a bit of a problem for me. I'm down in Cambridge saturday night, and it's unlikely I'll surface before midday.

If you're game for a few hours in the afternoon then awesome, but I'll struggle to do anything earlier.