Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• hey guys not been around recently on here. me and a friend would be up for a ride to wakerly and know the way. fineshade was better for riding i thought last time i went. and yes you can get up kings cliff side.

we also ride a couple of nights a week. normally monday and wed at 8.30 if anyones got any decent lights
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    peterboroughrider
    I should be up for some weekend riding in a couple of weeks time :) , I'm still recovering from a viral infection :( . The night rides also sound good. I'll keep in touch via here and let you know when i'm up for getting back out on the bike.
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Some when is everyone available for another ride :shock:

This time i plan to make it the whole way.... :lol:

Let me know chaps

Lee :shock:
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • im free any weekend really and i know the way to wakerly im quite good with finding my way around the local area. night rides are brilliant but you really do need good lights
  • I am off to Greece for a bit this weekend, so i will defo be up for a ride when i get back. going to get some decent lights, some dual minewts from the states, as well so the night ride thing sounds cool.
  • I've just started two new jobs :? so Time's a wee bit tight for me atm, if I get a weeks notice or so I can book a weekend off for riding, and I'm always available for a few dirnks :D
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Guys with all this talk of night riding :D

what lights are people running ? :shock:

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

• Troopy
    I've got Moonshine HID (06) by Topeak, they give the equivalent of 40 watts with around 2-2.5 hours run time. They are on offer on http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id28781.html
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • ive got some lumicycle lights halogen 2 lamps one 12w spot 1 20w flood and the middle batery. very good :)
  • Guys with christmas just over 5 weeks away :shock: Are we going to try for one more ride before santa brings us all new toys :D

let me know whos in....

PS ACAC how the new forks working out :?:

PPS Mike is this enough notice lmao :roll:

Lee

• acac
    acac Posts: 348
    yep i like to go out for aride at weekend saturday or sunday morning be good havent been out since fitted new forks cant wait to try them out am like akid with a new toy
    play hard ride hard
  • acac
    o by the way any of you like a joes no flat tubeless kit schrader valve for £10 new not open i have one ? 39.99 at cr
    play hard ride hard
  • Troopy
    Hi guys, I'm up and about now and looking to get out at the weekend, sunday late morning early afternoon would be good for me. If that goes OK I'd like to join the tusday and thursday night rides if they are still on!
    Peterboroughrider how long are you out for on a night ride? 8.30 sounds a good time to meet, allows you to eat before going out.
    Hope to see some of you at the weekend :D
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Any chance you might take another on board? Based in Hampton, prefer early Sunday mornings but occassionally get a day pass from "she who must be obeyed". I've got a bit bored of my usual Elton/Wansford/Fotheringhay loop so I'm looking for an alternative. Now I know Sherwood Pines is only 70mins away, I'm up for a crack-of-dawn trip if anyone is interested?
    Focus Black Forest h/t is my usual steed, and from my handle you can guess which forum I usually hang around in.
  • acac
    welcome mbrfan am up for crack-of-dawn trip saturday or sunday
    if its peterborough area as i dont drive just let us no when and where what about the rest of you lot :?:
    play hard ride hard
  • Welcome MBRFAN you are more than welcome to join the rides :D

Once i have gotten rid of this stupid cold AKA man flu :oops: i'll be back riding as often as possible :shock:

So welcome aboard...

I will not be able to make sunday as dont wana give this cold any chance of not going..

so have a good ride and hope we can fit another one in as well

Lee :D
    Lee

• mbrfan
    Hi Acac - shall we start off at Wansford and you can show me around your usual haunts. I can pick you up 7am from wherever you want. The bike'll fit with the front wheel off. Let's aim for a 2-hour ride.
    Or: we meet up in Hampton and head off toward Elton on the Green Wheel. Let ne know your preference; I'll keep a regular eye on the forum
  • acac
    hi mbrfan am dont sure about sunday now weather says its going to be windy and rain
    dont mind abit of rain but wind too have to see if it says diffrent later on
    play hard ride hard
  • Troopy
    Peterboroughrider
    I've just read your earlier post and noted you and your mate ride Monday and Wednesday evening and not Tuesday and Thursday DOH! I'd still be up for joining you if that would be OK. I'm still looking to get out Sunday for a couple of hours, preferably in the afternoon, any takers!
  • mbrfan
    Well, if anyone wants to join me, I'll hang around the Tump at Hampton until 7:15am then head over to Elton for a loop up to Old Sulehay and Bedford Purlieus. Looks like the winter gloves will get an airing!
    Metcheck says heavy sleet for later - as the latest MBUK says, it's just a state of not minding!
  • Troopy
    Sorry mbrfan but I have to work in the morning, but give us a shout next time you are out. Though 7:30 on a sunday is a little early, If I'm not working it's the only day I have a chance to have a bit of a lay-in. Although I will get up if it is to drive for a day out over Cannock or somewhere like that, that way I'm usually fully awake by time I get there. Acac, i don't know you but fancy wussing out over a bit of wind/rain/sleet, remember what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
  • mbrfan
    sorry if anyone turned up this morning - I was held up with a puncture - only to have another puncture near Haddon! :evil: Having run out of tubes and unable to find the culprit, I limped home. just found a thorn hidden in the knobs - got through the tyre liner too.
    This might be the nudge I need to try tubeless.
    Still, I've got an afternoon pass for later this month :D - does anyone fancy a trip to Sherwood Pines? Happy to provide a lift.
  • Troopy
    I went tubeless 2 years ago and have never looked back, I've got a puncture repair kit (in case the slime doesn't work) with which you can repair the tyre without taking the wheel or tyre off. Have you tried slime tubes? they add a little spinning weight but save having to stop to repair punctures. When are you thinking of going to Sherwood pines? I’m about to out my house on the market and need a couple of weekends to get things sorted, so if you could get your pass extended into next month I would be up for a visit.
  • MBRFAN

I switched over to stans no tubes after talking with Troopy, and OMG what a difference in ride :D . Stan kits will convert any tyres and rims to tubless, i an currenty running Panaracer Cinders 2.1 and Mavic Crossrides 8) .

This difference in ride has to be riden to be belived but ask Mike he rode my bike and was impressed by the difference :shock: .

Plus when are we talking about a trip to Sherwood Pines, would be nice to ride somewhere outside the boro :roll:

Let hope we can organise something soon. PS i might be able to have the car as well so if there are enough and need extra transport....

PS check the videos on this link http://www.notubes.com/support_movies.php
    Lee

• mbrfan
    Hi all,

Shall we aim for Sunday 9th Dec - then we can get Troopy to come too. Opens at 8am, costs £3 for the parking.

Thanks for the tips and links to tubeless. I'll pop down to Rutland Cycling and see what's on offer. I shall have to amend my letter to Santa as well. By the way, have you seen the "MTBRoutefinder" site? Worth a look.

In the meantime, anyone fancy next Sunday (25th) morning or afternoon?
  • Troopy
    Count me in for Sherwood Pines on Sunday 9th.
  • Aye, I've not been poking here recently :( what with two new jobs and all, time's been a bit tight.

I'm up for Sherwood pines on the 9th Dec, I might even have converted to tubeless by then..

Hmm... I best get me some winter gloves though *freezes*

Lee - I'm going to be buying stan's tubeless kit come payday and probally a panracer Fire XC Pro or similar to swap my back tire with (I've a feeling my current tire just won't cut the winter crud :p). I was wondering (since you're the resident expert) if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand to fit 'em? I'm not too big a fan of Latex sealant all over my garage floor ;)

Mike out.
  • Troopy
    Latex Mmmmmm!!
  • Dear All

Apologies for not posting for a few day but the dredded man flu got the better of me :cry:

Well at least i am half a stone lighter now :lol:

Count me in for Sherwood pines 8)

Mike expert might be bit over the mark :roll: but after doing it once i understand the process a lot more so will be glad to help let me know when and i'll have the work shop ready... :shock:

Right i'm off to drag my self back the lane of the living
    Lee

• haha, good luck with that Lee (i'm recovering from a bout of the dreaded man-flu as well :( )

Chris - your response to latex is... err... nevermind...

anyways, thanks Lee, I'll throw you a line when the goodies arrive (should be next week sometime - but who knows what with christmas mail etc.)

Mike out.