Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• Ahh you must have been just outside the gate while i was riding round inside.....
  • Right as my Kona Kikapu is now back and fine tunned 8) who's up for a ride Sunday afternoon :?:

2:30pm outside visitor center :shock:

Lee :shock:
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • I am going to say nah as well, pulled a muscle in my leg on a ride on wednesday, and then made it worse by walking round london all day thursday. Net result= crippled on friday :(

Probably for the best tho, as i plan on starting drinking at 3pm today and not stopping till after England beat France this evening in the RWC. :D
  • Lets can sunday as i am unable to make as well now :cry:

so what about next sunday :?: :shock:

Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

• Hi Guys, recently moved jobs to Peterborough and after a short time in the city centre now live in Rutland. Been riding for sometime around Herts/Beds area and used to be local to Chicksands. It would be great to hook up and find out more about the local riding. Been around some of the local bridleways around Peterborough and also Wakerley Woods but I'm keen to find out if there are any secret trails around and need some local knowledge!

I ride a Specialized Stumpjumper mostly at the weekend so if you are out and about anytime soon then give me a shout.

Cheers,

Steve :)
  • Troopy
    I should be good for next weekend. Oh and "Vive le Angleterre, allez les blanc" :lol::D
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Glad to hear Chris :lol: so who else is up for next sunday :?:

Welcome Stephen if you want to come along you are more then welcome :shock:

Lee

• Next sunday works a treat for me :)

Just throw me a time, I'm easy 8)

Sorry, i would've been around last weekend, but I've been bouncing around sorting me out a Job, so haven't checked the forums :(
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Hi Guys!

I'm based down near Slough (for my sins) but am visiting my GF at her parents this weekend and wondered if anyone was out for a ride either on Saturday or early on Sunday (I'll need to drive back, via Derby for Sunday night!) who would not mind me tagging along?

I've only managed to ride on 1 of the last 4 weekends so really need even a few hours blast this one. I have ridden up to and round the Ferry Meadows area but was hoping for something further from the crowds?

Hope to see you then!

Cheers......
    Now living happily at http://www.uk-mtb.com !!
  • Hey there The Big GT!

I'm around from approx midday Saturday and there's a blast organised for Sunday and you're welcome to either grab me for saturday or tag along on Sunday.

That said, the ride on Sunday won't really be before 10am (at least i won't be awake if it is :p) But still feel free to steal me and anyone else willing for a Saturday ride :)

Also, if you're after a good few hours, I'm sure we can throw up somthing interesting, over to yarwell seems to be the standard these days, but if you can put up with a little longer on roads (unless I can divine a route on ye-olde OS map) we could head up Stamford way and play around Wakerly/Fineshades.

And for Lee, Chris etc comming on the Sunday ride, fance pulling more of an epic over to Wakerly? Or shall we just go potter somwhere less daunting?

I've said enough for now :)

/Mike
  • Big GT as Mike said anyone is welcome :D and always good to meet new people.

If chirs is up for it lets say 12 o'clock as the nights are drawing in faster and i will need time to drag my sorry ass home after the ride :D

Let me know guys :shock:
    Lee

• Works a treat for me :)

I'll see you there! (weather permitting of course :))
  • Thanks, Guys!

I am not sure of my plans yet but I WILL have to get away for a ride at some point! I should know before the end of Friday so I'll post back here to see who's my best bet!

Cheers! :D
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    12 oclock abe good for me hopefully is that saturday?
    play hard ride hard
  • Troopy
    12:00 Sunday is hopefully fine for me, I say hopefully as I'm just getting over a viral infection of the middle ear (it has involved a bit of falling over now and then without the aid of alcohol) :(. Things seem to be a lot better now so I should be with you.
  • Ouchy, ear infections are the very meaning of annoying. I had to Fly 18 hrs to the Falklands with one. Airsick+headache+tired+changing pressures+loud noise+Ear infection. Hoo-ray.

But hopefully all will be good for Sunday, I'll be Driving back up from Cambridge for the ride, so i'll ring Lee if the A14 delivers it's usual 15 miles of near-static traffic, and if not, I'll be there for 12 sharp :)
  • mikebert4 wrote:

Also, if you're after a good few hours, I'm sure we can throw up somthing interesting, over to yarwell seems to be the standard these days, but if you can put up with a little longer on roads (unless I can divine a route on ye-olde OS map) we could head up Stamford way and play around Wakerly/Fineshades.

Do you mean riding to Wakerly/Fineshades Mike? If so.....

[Question mode on]

How far is it to Wakerly/Fineshades?

Whats the riding like down there?

Can you get there via non-tarmac? :wink:

[Question mode off]
  • Hi Guys,

Tomorrow midday is good for me as I can't ride today. Last night's barefoot dancing has left me with a badly blistered foot and the dandia (sp?) has bruised my hand on the inside of the knuckles! No riding today but should be fine for tomorrow.

Can someone who's going tomorrow please PM me with a mobile number for any problems?

Cheers,

Gary
    (just have to fix my pu*****e now!)
  • Oh, BTW, where are we meeting?!

I'm over in Bretton but can drive if necessary. Would prefer not to though, I need the exercise!

12 noon, Sunday at ?????

Cheers,

Gary
  • Gary

Meets us all at the visitor center at ferry medows :D

Lee

• Well i wont be about today, as i am going for the drinking all day option instead :wink: Whether this affects me for tomorrow i will have to wait and see...lol
  • Gary - check your PM's

Jamie - it is possbile to get out to Wakerly/Fineshades with only minimal tarmacking involved, it looks like the best thing to do is to head out to nassington, then there looks to be footpaths and bridalways out towards kings cliffe, with a few small hops on roads. and King's Cliffe is the bottom end of Fineshades Forest anyway, so from there it's self-explanatory (I hope)

I'll do some more study on a route tonight, and if people are game tomorrow we can try?

Failing that, I'm sure we'll throw together a decent ride (we usually seem to :))
  • Hi Guys

I couldn't help but notice that you are talking about local routes around the Peterborough area, I am pleasantly amazed :D ! I really thought there are nothing but nobbly field boundaries and overgrown footpaths so I gave up looking a long while ago.

To save myself from trying and failing to find these routes could you let me know where they are?...

Vix
  • mikebert4 wrote:
    Gary - check your PM's

Jamie - it is possbile to get out to Wakerly/Fineshades with only minimal tarmacking involved, it looks like the best thing to do is to head out to nassington, then there looks to be footpaths and bridalways out towards kings cliffe, with a few small hops on roads. and King's Cliffe is the bottom end of Fineshades Forest anyway, so from there it's self-explanatory (I hope)

I'll do some more study on a route tonight, and if people are game tomorrow we can try?

Failing that, I'm sure we'll throw together a decent ride (we usually seem to :))

I was looking on google earth and it looks fairly straight forward to get to Kings Cliffe i think, looks like it would be about 10 miles or so before you got to fineshade, assuming you can ride into kings cliffe side of it.

Looks like it could be interesting tho.
  • Troopy
    Lads, sorry for not turning uplast sunday, but i went down with one bitch of an illness on the saturday, the doctor said it was viremia:( (a virus infection of the blood, i think that's how it is spelt) had temp of 38.8 and resting pulse rate of 130. Then on the sunday i got cellulitus in my left leg :( . I'm feeling a little better today and will let you know when i'm up for a ride, hopefully in a couple of weeks. :)
    Hope you all had a good ride
    Catch you later
  • Hey chris glad to hear you on the mend.

sunday ride for me end up being very short, Got picked up from wansford station by the wife, after not feeling very well, shortness of breath and chesty cough :oops: , back to normal now. :shock:

Thanks to Mike Gary and Anthony for hanging round for a while.... 8)

Hope the rest of the ride was better.

Lee
    Lee

• acac
    acac Posts: 348
    no worrys hope to go for aride with you again ordered my new forks cant wait to try them :P
    play hard ride hard
  • Sounds like there should be a medical team following future rides :wink:
  • Hey guys who fancy's another ride :shock: or we could meet up for a beer or two :?

Let me know :shock:
    Lee