2023 Tour de France Femmes, 23rd-30th July ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Ceccini proving that wearing number 13 upside down doesn't help. The other one who crashed is allegedly one of the most skilled riders in the peloton
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Man the echelons klaxon, according to DK TV2
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Canyon trying split in cross tail
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Not really open or straight enough to do it properly
  • mididoctors
    Julie is making a good go of it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    The bunch aren't exactly stringing it out on the chase are they? Not making any headway against a lone rider who has been out there quite a while.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Peloton still hardly eyeballs out.
    Looks like she’s got this.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    I'm used to fake bells, but did they just play steam engine noises over the aerial footage of the fields being irrigated?!?!
  • Pross
    edited July 2023
    I hope she holds on, it would be amusing. Ruesser is pulling now and it goes down 10" straight away.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Peloton still hardly eyeballs out.
    Looks like she’s got this.

They'll get her I think, but only just
  • Pross
    Looks to be tying up a bit. 15" with 1.2km to go.
  • Pross
    This is going to be cruel or is the timing out?
  • mididoctors
    She's getting caught close to line
  • Pross
    Come on!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Weibes takes it from Vos, Kopecky 3rd?
  • Pross
    Ah so cruel. That was the longest 1km I've ever seen. Wiebes takes the sprint.
  • blazing_saddles
    Or not.
    Surprise surprise, a win for SD Worx.
  • mididoctors
    150 m LOL
  • mididoctors
    That was ok
  • Pross
    There was one point around 800m from the finish where the gap looked too big to close and I was convinced they'd messed up the chase but in the end they managed to do what Alpecin couldn't in the men's race.
  • mididoctors
    Felt more tour de France today...
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    avec heartbreak.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • mididoctors
    Stage 4

Big break down the road 12+ riders got 6 mins + . 120 k to go .live in one hour
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Uijen abandons. Google Translate assures me it's because she's "overtired", which just makes her sound like a toddler throwing a fit.

Not hugely surprising given she rolled in something like twenty minutes down yesterday.
  • mididoctors

Uijen abandons. Google Translate assures me it's because she's "overtired", which just makes her sound like a toddler throwing a fit.

Not hugely surprising given she rolled in something like twenty minutes down yesterday.

It's ridiculous some of the riders have to have a second job. It must be impossible for some to get to the level of fitness required to stage race

• mididoctors
    Nearly 9 mins gap ..sdworx chasing
  • Lanterne_Rogue

It's ridiculous some of the riders have to have a second job. It must be impossible for some to get to the level of fitness required to stage race

Yeah, I think the nature of this race tends to really show up the resulting disparity in performance. Might be interesting to look at the gaps to the stragglers compared to the men though - I'm not sure how they actually stack up against each other, and it might always be closer than I think.
  • blazing_saddles
    Gap up to 8'-45" with Worx chasing cos there are two riders inside 3 minutes on the GC. (Audrey Cordon-Ragot and Yara Kastelijn)
  • mididoctors
    They are not coming back readily ......
  • mididoctors
    10 mins