2023 Tour de France Femmes, 23rd-30th July ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Kopecky gets a perfect leadout and gets mugged on the line by Lippert. Surprisingly big bunch left to contest that sprint.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Well at least it wasn't SDWx
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Reusser and Niewiadoma about the only ones who tried anything out of the favourites.
  • mididoctors
    Sprint dragged on For a age
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Is the jumbo girl ok?
  • Orla a bit hoarse after a night in Paris
  • Pross

Orla a bit hoarse after a night in Paris

Was thinking that, gave it too much on the ABBA tribute karaoke.
  • Pross
    The group really split after the last roundabout, nasty draggy finish.
  • Pross
    "Do you realise you just won a Tour de France stage?"

I would have been tempted to say something along the lines of "ah, I wondered what race this was"
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Pross said:

Kopecky gets a perfect leadout and gets mugged on the line by Lippert. Surprisingly big bunch left to contest that sprint.

And that was considered to be the other GC stage besides the Tourmalet.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

Is the jumbo girl ok?

Taken to hospital but conscious according to JV Twitter.
  • mididoctors
    Race tactics were blunted by headwind
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Pross said:

I would have been tempted to say something along the lines of "ah, I wondered what race this was"

But did she though... considering there is an "avec Zwift" missing there? 😜
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648

Race tactics were blunted by headwind

Tempted to put that on my gravestone
  • Race tactics were blunted by headwind

Tempted to put that on my gravestone

I'm going with 'sat up when caught'
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Pross said:

You mean Tour de France Femmes with Zwift stage, don't you?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Kern (DNS), Jounier and Berg Edseth all abandons early on today.
  • mididoctors
    Peddling away on stage 3
  • mididoctors
    Yesterday was very fatiguing I suspect
  • mididoctors
    Decent sized group trying to go clear ....
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Failed breakaway.
    Everyone now together
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    All together
  • mididoctors
    Head winds
  • mididoctors
    Not a lot of trust on the front of the bunch
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    JvdV goes solo ...riders trying to bridge have kopecky up on their wheel
  • mididoctors
    Flurry of attacks through the Qom and what not
  • Pross
    edited July 2023
    Anyone else getting an echo on commentary? I've got it on my laptop through Discovery+ and it has an echo, it did this once before but if I muted it on the app it sorted the problem. This time I've had to mute my computer speakers completely and have no sound.

Edit - restarted it now and it's fine. Odd!
  • mididoctors
    She's got 2 mins
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Are you all watching this on the paid eurosport app? is it on TV?
  • mididoctors
    Gcn