• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Race is completely blown apart
    10 rider group chasing Kopecky
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Kopecky
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Yeah, she's got her head down again. The two favourites in the chasing group not especially bothered about working.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No collaboration in the chase group, lead goes out to around 30" with 5km to go
  • mididoctors
    Bigger game plan
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Familiar scenario for SD Worx. Get one of their strong riders up the road and then their other strong riders can sit in and then take it if the break gets pulled back
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Quite a few riders getting back to the "chasing" group, which says quite a bit.
  • mididoctors
    Kopecky looking very good
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    3km to go, Kopecky using every inch of the road on corners to stretch the gap out.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    If you're not sure what the SD Worx team jersey looks like, that's because only 2 of the 7 riders are wearing it. Everyone else has a champs jersey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Women's cycling also has an SD Worx problem...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • r0bh
    SD Worx are ridiculously strong
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Good win for Kopecky and the 41" gap plus bonus seconds should last her a couple of days in yellow

Wiebes took second in the sprint, from Kool
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver said:

Yeah, it's just ridiculous really - I end up being anyone but SD Worx on principle, until Vollering starts Vollering....
  • mididoctors
    Well bit hectic at the end there
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Yep, but still a crap stage.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2023
    ddraver said:

The usual suggested solution in men's cycling is a salary cap
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Sdworx mess it up thou ... Roubaix
  • r0bh
    They win far more often than they mess it up, though
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Sdworx mess it up thou ... Roubaix

That was due to a crash taking out the whole favourites group though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Come on SD Worx aren’t that dominant.
    After all, they only have 3 riders in the top 6. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Yes but though
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777
    Tomorrow's hilly stage should make things more definite and eliminate the non-climbers from the higher GC placings, thus create a basic GC top-ten,
    After tomorrow, I expect little change till Tourmalet, thus why teams without van Vleuten or Demmering, might push tomorrow.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    I think this is a good article which starts to explain why the dynamics of racing is different to the men's peloton:

https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rouleur-journal/on-the-defensive-why-women-s-racing-follows-a-different-pattern-to-men-s
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2023
    andyp said:

I think this is a good article which starts to explain why the dynamics of racing is different to the men's peloton:

https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rouleur-journal/on-the-defensive-why-women-s-racing-follows-a-different-pattern-to-men-s

Lizzie Deignan and Ashleigh in blame SD Worx shocker.
    In accord with pretty much all that was posted here, yesterday.
    The dynamic for the nailed on sprint stages being exactly the same.
    Just more common in the woman's game.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Bit of a change in the weather for the women's race.

Does anyone else find it annoying that every reference to the race by the commentary team / presenters includes the 'avec Zwift' bit in the name? I know it is the formal name and sponsorship is important but it doesn't need including every time surely?
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross said:

Bit of a change in the weather for the women's race.

Does anyone else find it annoying that every reference to the race by the commentary team / presenters includes the 'avec Zwift' bit in the name? I know it is the formal name and sponsorship is important but it doesn't need including every time surely?

Yes and that they have to include femmes every time.
    After all it’s not the Tour de France hommes is it?

As for the weather, Kirby would be having kittens over the wet and dry patches.
    The weather forecast for this week, even this far South, isn’t great.
  • blazing_saddles
    The 2 out front might as well give up and come back to the bunch.
    25 seconds isn’t worth the effort
  • No_Ta_Doctor

The 2 out front might as well give up and come back to the bunch.
    25 seconds isn’t worth the effort

If you get the super combatif for the day Rich might grade your team higher though (Arkea...), so the DS will be going full Madiot on them
  • mididoctors
    Stage 2 ... Bunch splitting into groupettos 50k to go