2023 Tour de France Femmes, 23rd-30th July ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    How the hell did all the favourites just fall over there?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    GC faves crash AvV down ..looks minor
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pressure is on
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited July 2023
    Crash involving a number of riders including AvV and Longo Borghini.

Uphill too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Looked like a bit of entanglement right in the middle of the bunch fired someone sideways through a group of the favourites, bringing them all down. Really weird crash.
  • Pross
    Van De Velde attacking for the QOM with a pain face that would embarass TV Tommy whilst holding a 10m lead. Meanwhile AvV rides back through the groups behind after her crash as though it's a club run.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

How the hell did all the favourites just fall over there?

Odd on a climb

• mididoctors
    Head wind is compressing this bunch .,..whole tour is into a head wind
  • mididoctors
    Weaker groups struggle to get back on in the head wind
  • mididoctors
    Go on jumbo
  • Pross
    Women not learning from the men. The original break wasn't allowed a decent lead, got caught and now a dangerous looking move has managed to get away opening up a lead of over a minute with 30km to go.
  • blazing_saddles
    They has been a considerable regrouping in the peloton. Gap still hovering around the one minute mark.
  • mididoctors
    Wtf weather
  • mididoctors
    This downpour
  • mididoctors
    Crash ...no surprise
  • mididoctors
    Should have been a marshal there
  • mididoctors
    Maria Julia crash was mad
  • Pross
    The Uno X rider went down hard into that wall.

Really nasty looking one for the JV rider in the break too.
  • blazing_saddles
    Getting very crashy now.
    Riders just not coping with the wet.
    Breakaway worst off.
  • mididoctors
    That looks bad
  • mididoctors
    She's not moving
  • Pross
    Don't need the cameras there, she's obviously pretty badly hurt.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    edited July 2023
    Looks like really greasy roads. No rain for ages and now a load of it
  • mididoctors
    Riders letting gaps appear as they bottle it
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Looks pretty bad for the JV rider
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles

She's not moving

Pushed too hard to get rid of her companion
  • Stood next to Labous at Geneva airport once. She's tiny.

True story
  • blazing_saddles
    The big two women: polar opposite riding to the big two men
  • blazing_saddles
    Lippert from Kopecky in a slow mo uphill sprint.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Very cagey over the top and into the descent/finish climb sprint

Liane Lippert takes it on the line
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format