The Big 'Let's sell our cars and take buses/ebikes instead' thread (warning: probably very dull)

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Does nobody remember the shortage of pet food in lockdown because with restaurants being open less animals were being slaughtered so no by-products for pet food

You mean you didn't also panic buy Winalot?
    I don't own a dog, so no
    most people don't need to go to the toilet 50 times a day but they still bought 200 toilet rolls each
    How would they ever get 200 bog rolls home on ebikes?
    panniers, obvs.
    Copy our Asian brethren and balance then on the back or across the whole bike.
    Do you reckon that's the equivalent of 200 bog rolls?

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,873
    MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

tbh though, whats he got to lose?

he likes it, he makes another just to be sure.

he doesn't like it, he makes another with a different sauce combo.

sounds like a win/win combo in my books.

Absolutely nothing.
    And if I want red I'll bloody well have red.
    no one is stopping you, but sometimes experimenting is a good thing.

you could do like a blindfolded test.

i mean, combining those two elements: what could possibly go wrong?
    The second sentence was aimed at orraloon.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Does nobody remember the shortage of pet food in lockdown because with restaurants being open less animals were being slaughtered so no by-products for pet food

You mean you didn't also panic buy Winalot?
    I don't own a dog, so no
    most people don't need to go to the toilet 50 times a day but they still bought 200 toilet rolls each
    How would they ever get 200 bog rolls home on ebikes?
    panniers, obvs.
    Copy our Asian brethren and balance then on the back or across the whole bike.
    Do you reckon that's the equivalent of 200 bog rolls?

I was thinking more eco friendly either ebike / dare i say cargobike or normal bike, either way it works.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,731
    Hmmm. @Cargobike; white Tesla; the Muskrat; deluded prickery. There's a theme there.

Back to red sauce: you aiming at me? You aiming at me? Chilli sauces - buenas salsas. Sweet pansy sugary tomato ketchup - never liked or indeed consumed that even as child. Said as an avid real tomato grower and liker. So there.
  • pblakeney
    orraloon said:

Back to red sauce: you aiming at me? You aiming at me? Chilli sauces - buenas salsas. Sweet pansy sugary tomato ketchup - never liked or indeed consumed that even as child. Said as an avid real tomato grower and liker. So there.

Fine. See, I have no problem with people doing whatever they like.
    If I really wanted to annoy those easily annoyed I'd say I like salad cream on my chips. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    😊 Frites and mayo, get in, full Belgie stylee. Best ever was from a van under that tower in the Grote Markt 'In Bruges'. Had had several, or more, lovely beers in De Garre up that alley off that side street off the square. Those mayo frites clearly made a lasting memory.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

If I really wanted to annoy those easily annoyed I'd say I like salad cream on my chips. 😉
    salad cream? for fucks sake.

that's sick.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

😊 Frites and mayo, get in, full Belgie stylee. Best ever was from a van under that tower in the Grote Markt 'In Bruges'. Had had several, or more, lovely beers in De Garre up that alley off that side street off the square. Those mayo frites clearly made a lasting memory.

yes, agree - the only thing that should ever go on frites is mayonnaise.

S&V on chip shop chips, mayonnaise on frites.
  • MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

salad cream? censored .

that's sick.
    Old man sick, or down with the kids sick
  • pblakeney
    orraloon said:

See, you missed the annoying part - Salad cream, not mayo.
    Even though I have sampled that van and De Garre.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    In a reveal, open and honest, I just checked the container of supermarket own brand in fridge and it's mayonnaise. So this salad cream? Is it for vegans? Or e-scooterers?
  • pblakeney
    orraloon said:

In a reveal, open and honest, I just checked the container of supermarket own brand in fridge and it's mayonnaise. So this salad cream? Is it for vegans? Or e-scooterers?

Nope.
    Salad cream and mayonnaise are separate dressings.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

salad cream? censored .

that's sick.
    Old man sick, or down with the kids sick
    evil crime sick.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

Nope.
    Salad cream and mayonnaise are separate dressings.
    agree.

mayonnaise can never truly be vegan unless you want to cover your frites in tasteless white slime.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,663
    Does anyone know what Salad cream actually is? Was it a wartime substitute for savlon or something like that?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,450

Does anyone know what Salad cream actually is? Was it a wartime substitute for savlon or something like that?

Brylcreme with a dash of vinegar and Brilliant Yellow paint?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• First.Aspect
    edited December 2022
    There is surely some putty in it?
  • Stevo_666
    Who actually buys the stuff these days?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect
    Poor people?
  • Surely it is a north south thing
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    So no one’s got a bottle in the fridge
    The missus likes it, I think she has it on her chips but I really don’t take much notice.
  • pblakeney
    webboo said:

So no one’s got a bottle in the fridge
    The missus likes it, I think she has it on her chips but I really don’t take much notice.

Someone else with similar taste. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • As an immigrant to a less developed nation, as far as food is concerned, I had to draw the line somewhere and as a result I never had salad cream… is it like a flavoured majo of some sort?
    left the forum March 2023
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It’s like sour Tomato ketchup.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330

As an immigrant to a less developed nation, as far as food is concerned, I had to draw the line somewhere and as a result I never had salad cream… is it like a flavoured majo of some sort?

Wikipedia says Salad cream is a creamy, pale yellow condiment based on an emulsion of about 25–50 percent oil in water, emulsified by egg yolk and acidulated by spirit vinegar.

In reality nobody knows what's in it and at this point we're too afraid to ask.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • MattFalle
    its the Brexit of the ubiquitous salad dressing dressing you get in every bistro in France.
  • Stevo_666
  • After a little help here. I find ketchup too sweet and brown sause too sour and then one day I stumbled across Lea and Perrins tomato and worcester sauce and my life was complete. They stopped producing it several years ago and I can no longer find hidden supplies.

So my question is does anybody have an in-between sauce they can recommend?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330

After a little help here. I find ketchup too sweet and brown sause too sour and then one day I stumbled across Lea and Perrins tomato and worcester sauce and my life was complete. They stopped producing it several years ago and I can no longer find hidden supplies.

So my question is does anybody have an in-between sauce they can recommend?

What is your appetite for spice?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • MattFalle
    Daddy's brown is sweeter than HP if that helps