THE WOLLONGONG WORLDS... SPOILERS

14567810»

Comments

• Jose Been has now deleted her twitter account after she insinuated that because MvdP was in his boxers [he was asleep...] it was sexual assault. She inevitably got backlash for that and then quit in a huff.

Shame, Jose Been is a sensitive soul, she takes a kicking frequently, and in many cases unfairly.
    Is it even true? What did she actually say?
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,606

Jose Been has now deleted her twitter account after she insinuated that because MvdP was in his boxers [he was asleep...] it was sexual assault. She inevitably got backlash for that and then quit in a huff.

Shame, Jose Been is a sensitive soul, she takes a kicking frequently, and in many cases unfairly.

Jose Been has now deleted her twitter account after she insinuated that because MvdP was in his boxers [he was asleep...] it was sexual assault. She inevitably got backlash for that and then quit in a huff.

It is true, I saw the tweets. There was no direct accusation but she was focussing that an adult man had no case to answer when he was chasing teenage girls to their rooms in his underwear.
    I mean, out of context, she has a point, but she had ignored the context which is vital in the case.

I also agree that I like her generally and do enjoy her commentary. I hope she comes back.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,937

It is true, I saw the tweets. There was no direct accusation but she was focussing that an adult man had no case to answer when he was chasing teenage girls to their rooms in his underwear.
    I mean, out of context, she has a point, but she had ignored the context which is vital in the case.

I also agree that I like her generally and do enjoy her commentary. I hope she comes back.
    At what point as a parent, when you see some random bloke in his boxers grabbing your teenage daughters, do you just go "Oi!" and beat the living daylights of the creep? Worry about "context" later.

Full disclosure. I don't have kids. I don't like kids. I'd still like to think I'm going to smack the guy in a pair of boxers grabbing a young girl.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    That's the trouble with jumping to uninformed conclusions and assuming girls are innocent.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited September 2022
    And its twice as embarrassing when the bloke in boxers beats seven bells ofcrap out of you because Tyson Fury you ain't.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • JimD666 said:

At what point as a parent, when you see some random bloke in his boxers grabbing your teenage daughters, do you just go "Oi!" and beat the living daylights of the creep? Worry about "context" later.

Full disclosure. I don't have kids. I don't like kids. I'd still like to think I'm going to smack the guy in a pair of boxers grabbing a young girl.

The point you want to end up in court for assault ?

I mean I'm sure it was pretty obvious that he was angry not trying to assault them sexually or otherwise (even if technically what he did may be classed as assault you know what I mean). Why not just ask why are you angry at which point it becomes a case of a stressed guy over reacting to bad behaviour rather than any kind of threat.

It seems to me the police could and should have dealt with this by giving both MVdP and the girls and their responsible adults a stern warning to stop wasting their time.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    @DeVlaeminck making way too much sense... 😉
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    MattFalle said:

And its twice as embarrassing when the bloke in boxers beats seven bells ofcrap out of you because Tyson Fury you ain't.

I thought that too, eh? A 13 year old girl vs a pro cyclist?

My money's on the 13 year old girl!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    my money is on the bloke in boxers vs JimD tbh but I'll also lob a fiver on the 13 year old doing both of them over.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,606
    I’ve yet to see any evidence that the parents were involved at any point prior to pulling compo faces for the media afterwards?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Have they announced plans to sue vdP, the Dutch federation, UCI and hotel owners yet? It’s only a matter of time if not
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Pross said:

Have they announced plans to sue vdP, the Dutch federation, UCI and hotel owners yet? It’s only a matter of time if not

I'm sure they'll have asked. I think lawyers would probably tell them not to bother.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Pross said:

I'm sure they'll have asked. I think lawyers would probably tell them not to bother.
    Twitter: @RichN95